2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Why shouldn't she get 9s or 10s in Interpretation of the Music? What does that have to do with jumps?
Do I have to explain the same thing to everyone?

Jumping affects the quality of the presentation. In practice, all the components are obviously interconnected (you can't interpret without presentation, you can't fully demonstrate the level of your skating by making kilometer-long telegraphic enter in jumps and making simple, "school" exits from jumps, etc.). Ergo - jumps affect the PCS. (Of course not only jumps but also other technical elements)

Next time I'll just give a link to this message.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Do I have to explain the same thing to everyone?

Jumping affects the quality of the presentation. In practice, all the components are obviously interconnected (you can't interpret without presentation, you can't fully demonstrate the level of your skating by making kilometer-long telegraphic enter in jumps and making simple, "school" exits from jumps, etc.). Ergo - jumps affect the PCS. (Of course not only jumps but also other technical elements)

Next time I'll just give a link to this message.
Jumping most definitely affects PCS. That shouldn't be doubted. But rotating your jumps is not interpreting music.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Jumping most definitely affects PCS. That shouldn't be doubted. But rotating your jumps is not interpreting music.
And I didn't talk about rotating. I was talking that Satoko: a) has nondescript small jumps, b) she is almost incapable of making complex entrances to them and beautiful complex exits from them. Look carefully - usually after landing, she comes out of the jump with her arms neatly spread out, like a baby-skaters does.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And I didn't talk about rotating. I was talking that Satoko: a) has nondescript small jumps, b) she is almost incapable of making complex entrances to them and beautiful complex exits from them. Look carefully - usually after landing, she comes out of the jump with her arms neatly spread out, like a baby-skaters does.
That will affect the quality of her jumps. That is also a reason why she will not get 9s or 10s in each category across the judging panel. All I mean is that her jump quality should not affect Interpretation of the Music. That category should be 9s or 10s. But in the other parts of PCS, she shouldn't score as high. But the panel could be a little more generous. Carolina Kostner, for example, didn't have very high jump difficulty, and not the very best PCS, but she still scored very well in it. Satoko has beautiful presentation, but with struggles on the jump quality, she will not score in the upper 70s in PCS.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have come to watch the women...I have no idea how this goes, except I think Loena won a medal?

I'll have to gird myself for Simon after the Men's, stupid commentators and their stupid opinions ruining events. Give me Ted or give me no-one 🤬

*Takes deep breath* Be calm me.

OK here we go.

Lucrezia with Satoko's music :) I liked the step sequence and her dress is really nice. (Queue level 2 for the SS as usual when I like them).

Lara - the birthday girl :hb: Nice costume again. Liked the spiral slide thingy (does it have a name?)

Nicole - her dress is er interesting, but I like the shade of green! All in all a nice skate.

Sofia! I'm so nervous...I hope she can bounce back 🤞Great start with the Lutz! And the combo! 🥰 Go Sofia go! Damn at the flip at the end! But she did so well! Even Simon was nice! Aw her little smile! Ooo illegal stuffie throwing!

Yi Zhou - That is indeed a lovely dress, Korean quality I dare say! Some excellent jumps there and I liked the step sequence.

Yelim - This cameraman makes very strange choices indeed...loved the flip right in front of the judges after the popped loop! Way to come back! And the opening combos were gorgeous! Into the lead!

And now Group 2!

Well Simon has gone and jinxed it so prayers for Maiia and Anna S.

More lovely costumes! I really like Anna's new dress.

Not sure about Loena's though, the colour seems to wash her out a bit...

Eunsoo - Oh noooo! But that three jump combo was boss! Great fight and here's hoping she's not injured or anything.

Mai
did Mai change costume? i remember shades od pastel green
I thought so too! It looks more blue now why do they never keep the green costumes? I love them so.

But her little smile at her coach. 🤗

Woohoo at the opening combo! And the rest of the jumps! She's so good! And what a little ray of sunshine, she's cheered me right up! Into the 200s over all!

Satoko - Her jumps never seem to be under when I watch in real-time, but then the replays come and there they are :(. Beautiful choreo sequence! Love me some Tosca. As do the crowd who are going off! Nicely done!

Anna - Well she's bounced right back as is her trademark. This is a really nice dress though! Also I swear Simon is pronouncing her name wrong, no-one else says it that way. Interesting about the Quad flip, I thought the Quad Lutz was Anna's jump ,of choice? Perhaps I wasn't paying attention. Although I do wonder at the people who worry she won't make it? Like she always makes it.

Maiia - Now let me just say I absolutely love the Loco music for Maiia! The Roxanne would work so much better if it was the original version, but she sells it so well, I'll let it slide... I wonder if lady skaters use it because it's a female voice. The hydroblade is top drawer, good as gold stuff! But 10 points below Anna? Naw, I can't go for that...

Loena - What can she bring to the table? Well, the music isn't the best, but wow her jumps are brilliant! You go, girl! Love her emotion! And hey Jorik! Except...are you wearing shoes without socks? Reconsider your choices man :p

Phew! That was quite the rollercoaster! I'm so relieved Sofia had a strong skate! As someone else mentioned her 2As are actually huge without the the rippons, might be time to reconsider them.

Well congratulations to all the medallists! :cheer:

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am not sure Maiia looks more polished when it comes to performing. There is a big difference between reaching out to an audience and connection to music and skating skills and execution. Liza is a firecracker. She is intense. She reaches out. And yes, she does well in mostly one style of programs but she does these well. Maiia's tango today made me feel I was just getting out of bed, before my dose of coffee. It was lackluster, despite all her amazing qualities and skills. A tango program requires a lot of intensity, passion, a sense of rhythm, it's actually very hard to do as a single skater... to me, it was a complete miss. Maiia deserves a much better program.
Agreed. I wanted to like it but it was like "lets do some stereotypical "tango" arms and a lunge and call it a day. She's a powerful skater and hope she gets a more interesting program next season because it did her no favors and made her forgettable. and of course whoever said she's only 15 and Roxanne is squeamish right there.

Anna was a queen. She is starting to give me Evergina vibes in her really owning it and giving us that confidence. Everyone was on the Kamila badnwagon last week and I think Anna reminded us how she's not going anywhere yet. Loving this program for her, and love how she actually looks like she is enjoying this.

eterialskating

On the Ice
Satoko is the most underscored skater of all time in PCS. Why isn't she getting high 9s or even 10s for her interpretation of the music? There are no weaknesses in her components that I can set, but she still gets scores averaging in the high 8s. What makes Anna's components (average 9) better than Satoko's?
Nope! You must have forgotten the exquisite and legendary Mao Asada who could land a 3A and whose jumps look waaay better than Satoko and her PCS were even worse.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Looks like the battle for Olympic gold will be between Anna and Kamila. Judges, and Russian fed, pushes both these girls. Anna could be the dark horse and spoils Kamila’s party.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This program kind of feels like a less knowingly campy version of Liza's FS.
I don’t think it‘s a coincidence. While watching her, I remembered she was in the Mr Mishin camp in France. That means Mr Mishin may be the best choreographer in skating. Haha

And what is defined as “campy” I see it more as “if you got it, flaunt it!” Haha