2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Women's Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Women's Free Skate

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I have always loved Sofia's precise, uncluttered skating. I can see why she leaves people cold, she's not "showy", but there is a perfection in her skating that I appreciate.
Which is what I like, this is probably why my taste differ with particular skaters from many other fans, I like less "showy" and more "internal", for the skater himself.

Last edited:

pete

On the Ice
I have always loved Sofia's precise, uncluttered skating. I can see why she leaves people cold, she's not "showy", but there is a perfection in her skating that I appreciate.
I don't even like "showy" skaters so that's not why. I'm probably just very hard to touch 😅

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, I expect a lot of rule changes from the ISU after this Olympic season. Maybe one rule change is to extend the age eligibility by one week??:ROFLMAO:
Being 15yo during the event and not at june 30th would be a good change.
ISU thinks you become a woman at 15yo. Well, if you're a woman but denied worlds just because you turned 15yo july 1st at 00:01, it's kind of unfair.
But obviously letting you compete ia a problem since you have an unfair advantage over the one who turned 15yo june 30th at 23:59.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Wow just got to catch up. A great win by Sofia, it was very funny to watch her obvious smiles after she landed the quadruple salchow and the 4T-euler-3S combo, she was very pleased with that.

What a great debut for Shin!

Clare was really nice to watch as well, love her spins!

Scoring was really strict, Kulikovas TES seemed a bit low for a clean skate, looked like UR was more used than q.

icetug

Medalist
Only she can stop herself from being JWC this season.
I'm not sure. Remember at Baltic Cup 2017 I fell in love with Dasha Panenkova. But she has never repeated the result she got at the competition and retired.
Two years later, at Baltic Cup 2019, I fell in love with Nastia Tarakanova. But she has never repeated the result she got at the competition and retired.
I just try not to fall in love with Sonia Akatieva....

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Wow just got to catch up. A great win by Sofia, it was very funny to watch her obvious smiles after she landed the quadruple salchow and the 4T-euler-3S combo, she was very pleased with that.

What a great debut for Shin!

Clare was really nice to watch as well, love her spins!

Scoring was really strict, Kulikovas TES seemed a bit low for a clean skate, looked like UR was more used than q.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...OR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf I actually find this panel of judges (including the tech panel) doing their job very properly, maybe the best so far :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And how did she deal with triples previously?

I was going to reply with this:

No idea. I can't identify jumps, never mind how many times the skater has turned! :laugh:

But, then I decided to investigate.

Here are the results for the triple jumps she has done in competition:

Date
Competition
Level
Pos
Score
Jump
Info
Judge 1
Judge 2
Judge 3
Judge 4
Judge 5
Judge 6
Judge 7
Judge 8
27 Feb. 2021Sofia Trophy SP
Advanced Novice​
3​
33.83​
28 Feb. 2021Sofia Trophy FS
Advanced Novice​
4​
59.45​
16 Apr. 2021Skate Helena SP
Advanced Novice​
1​
39.90​
3Lo​
b​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
17 Apr. 2021Skate Helena FS
Advanced Novice​
2​
58.82​
3Lo​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
01 May 2021Egna Spring Trophy SP
Advanced Novice​
5​
34.33​
3Lo​
-5​
-5​
-5​
02 May 2021Egna Spring Trophy FS
Advanced Novice​
4​
62.33​
3Lo​
b​
1​
-1​
0​
30 Sep. 2021ISU Junior Grand Prix Baltic Cup SP
Junior​
15​
40.80​
3Lo+2T​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
01 Oct. 2021ISU Junior Grand Prix Baltic Cup FS
Junior​
15​
74.05​
2A+1Eu+3S​
<<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
Junior​
15​
74.05​
3S​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
Junior​
15​
74.05​
3Lo​
-1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Unfortunately, the protocols for the 2020 Intermediate Novice and 2021 Advanced Novice competitions at the Sofia Trophy are coming up with 404 errors. So, I don't know what she did at them.

Before that, she did not do triple jumps.

Hope this answers your question. (I'm not even going to attempt to interpret it! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was going to reply with this:

No idea. I can't identify jumps, never mind how many times the skater has turned! :laugh:

But, then I decided to investigate.

Here are the results for the triple jumps she has done in competition:

Date
Competition
Level
Pos
Score
Jump
Info
Judge 1
Judge 2
Judge 3
Judge 4
Judge 5
Judge 6
Judge 7
Judge 8
27 Feb. 2021Sofia Trophy SP
Advanced Novice​
3​
33.83​
28 Feb. 2021Sofia Trophy FS
Advanced Novice​
4​
59.45​
16 Apr. 2021Skate Helena SP
Advanced Novice​
1​
39.90​
3Lo​
b​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
17 Apr. 2021Skate Helena FS
Advanced Novice​
2​
58.82​
3Lo​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
01 May 2021Egna Spring Trophy SP
Advanced Novice​
5​
34.33​
3Lo​
-5​
-5​
-5​
02 May 2021Egna Spring Trophy FS
Advanced Novice​
4​
62.33​
3Lo​
b​
1​
-1​
0​
30 Sep. 2021ISU Junior Grand Prix Baltic Cup SP
Junior​
15​
40.80​
3Lo+2T​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
Junior​
15​
74.05​
2A+1Eu+3S​
<<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
Junior​
15​
74.05​
3S​
<​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
-5​
Junior​
15​
74.05​
3Lo​
-1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Unfortunately, the protocols for the 2020 Advanced Novice and 2021 Intermediate Novice competitions at the Sofia Trophy are coming up with 404 errors. So, I don't know what she did at them.

Before that, she did not do triple jumps.

Hope this answers your question. (I'm not even going to attempt to interpret it! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan
Wow, this is some extensive reply, thank you. :thank:

So, generally it can be said she is new to triples so far. Her main coach is Valentina Chebotareva, which I do not know how promising that can be. We know Chebotareva's students have good basic jumping technique, but not very good consistency. Nevertheless, let's root for this girl, may she put Cyprus on the figure skating map in ladies.

Country
Norway
How incredibly embarrassing for the official ISU-account on Facebook and Twitter, they mixed together Kulikovas and Seos name and called out Clare Seo as the silver medalist and no words on Kulikova. They even have a picture of Clare Seo, how on earth did they manage to do such a mistake? It´s still there, it has been out for almost 50 minutes now :jaw:

I mean, next to Clares name is Kulikova score, so they got the score right... :slink:

https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/1444023021946093568

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
How incredibly embarrassing for the official ISU-account on Facebook and Twitter, they mixed together Kulikovas and Seos name and called out Clare Seo as the silver medalist and no words on Kulikova. They even have a picture of Clare Seo, how on earth did they manage to do such a mistake? It´s still there, it has been out for almost 50 minutes now :jaw:

I mean, next to Clares name is Kulikova score, so they got the score right... :slink:

After they have mistaken Elizabet Tursynbayeva for Liza Tuktamysheva this is their second faux pas in a short time...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Last edited:

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
Well, I expect a lot of rule changes from the ISU after this Olympic season. Maybe one rule change is to extend the age eligibility by one week??
Most likely they will add two years more for Akatieva to stagnate in juniors. She should be grateful ISU higher-ups are so concerned about her health - it seems quads/3As of 13-17 y.o. labeled as junior are considered more healthy than quads/3As of 15-17 y.o. labeled as senior )

Last edited:

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Judges were in disagreement on Sofia's elements today.

4S: J3(-2) J6J7(+2)
4T+1Eu+3S: J3(-2) J6(+2)
FCCoSp4: J4(-1) J1J6(+4)

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Just watched the Swiss skater.
Probably unpopular opinion, but I need to let it out.
"Good choice of music, it's classical and although you want to be connected to it, you don't have to be emotionally connected, uh like a song maybe" Ted Barton
excuse me.
yes he is adorable and it's funny when he can't pronounce the names but the amount of blatantly wrong statements and wrong coverage on the elements... I just hope we get to see him less in competitions, maybe he could do the upagain podcast thing.
As a classical musician this one really stings.
What the hack?!

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Hmm, I can't really share Ted's enthusiasm for this skate.
Because this is a sport, not "Dance with stars". Yes, figure skating is about beauty, I agree. But it's also about courage, fortitude and perseverance in achieving the goal! Personally, I had exactly the same enthusiasm as Ted and applauded this girl in front of my laptop. When this brave girl, despite falling on the first quad, was not afraid to go and jump the second quad (and land it) I remembered Valieva, Trusova etc.

Respect the strength of spirit of young athletes. All this is not show for the entertainment of jaded housewives. The purpose of all this is the education of young people. True sport is the lot of young people. So that they grow up and enter real life strong, brave, accustomed to achieving goals.
It's not youre show!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

BTW watch the pairs victory ceremony, you will see interesting things in graphics...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Because this is a sport, not "Dance with stars". All this is not show for the entertainment of jaded housewives.
:eek2: Now you tell me this? And there I was yesterday watching and wondering what was going on. All these little girls doing acrobatics on ice, without even a nice young man and partner to take care of them. Especially that last girl, she jumped so high and rotated so fast that it made me all dizzy. To calm down, I even had to drink a camomile tea before I could go to bed.
So sorry for the confusion, but where is the "Dance with stars" thread then?