2021 JGP France: Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France: Free Dance

breadstal

Record Breaker
100, wow! (that seems high haha) Knowing nothing about ID, I felt they were the most polished and in sync. I'm really bored of this music being used though lol Congrats to medalists. US and Canada medaling was pretty obvious. This is a very Asian-descent podium with the fake Korean team, the Canadian team and Jeffrey!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This program doesn't totally work for me because I, too, can only think of Sui/Han, so it just ends up highlighting the areas Wolfkostin/Chen are still working on. But really, isn't that what your final (I assume) junior program should do? Stretch you out of your comfort zone and force you to elevate your skills so you're ready to compete with the seniors?

Anyway, these two are getting very good and I'll be keeping a closer eye on the going forward.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think W/C are already ready to jump to Seniors and would love to see them at Nationals skate the Senior level let's face it they would beat the lower teams that will be a Nationals so why stay Junior at Nationals?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Korean Cats were very special, but that opening move & the combo spin following it by Katarina & Jeffrey were absolutely :love: amazing

The Canadians did not get a choice of music that they seemed to relate to :(

Rain in Your Black Eyes is not an official warhorse in dance-Shpilband has not used it 5 times already :laugh:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I think W/C are already ready to jump to Seniors and would love to see them at Nationals skate the Senior level let's face it they would beat the lower teams that will be a Nationals so why stay Junior at Nationals?
Seniors and juniors do different rhythm dance patterns, so W/C would need to learn a completely new pattern. Don't think it'd be worth it for one competition (I doubt they'd get sent to any senior events besides Nationals)

Andrea82

Medalist
Free Dance score breakdown by judge

The Ukrainian judge loved Cats. She ranked Lim/Quan first in PCS. In RD she went with Mrazekova/Mrazek's Daddy Cool/Disco Inferno as first in PCS.
US judge didn't like the Germans. Bulgarian judge loved them.

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
Costly mistake :(
It's a pity, their free program was great, I couldn't even watch the pairs that came after them (except the winners, they were clearly the best, except ugly clothes but I would put the Czech pair right after them), both their programs were lovely and as someone else said, the overall vibe was great. Looking forward to their further performances.. :)