2021 JGP France II: Men's SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France II: Men's SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not to sound mean, but today in the morning I watched the boys' SP of the Moscow Junior Championships and this JGP event does not compare favourably.
i doubt any JGP would compare favourably. Even when the Russians and Japanese are included, there are skaters from all over the world.
The Russians have so much depth in juniors it's normal that their national event would be overall better to a JGP event... same could be said of some other powerful nations in some disciplines... for instance Japanese or Korean (as well as Russian of course) junior women championship would definitely be above the overall level of any JGP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
El, tell us about how your car is like a junior man. Does it splat repeatedly? If you don’t tell us, we will be forced to guess. And it will not be pretty

Not that bad.:laugh:

Sometimes it runs without a noise, and life is good. And then sometimes, out of nowhere, it makes a grinding noise. When I least expect it. And inconsistently.

And I like it nevertheless. Like the junior men.

:)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't remind me. I think that was the best junior men's season in years. Although it doesn't help that Russia and Japan aren't here.
well... yes, the field is missing Japan and Russia. That's a given. However, something that is important to point out : many young skaters haven't had full access to the ice compared to pre-covid seasons. Adding to this altitude and early season jitters, for some, it's been two years in the waiting for international competition. I am not expecting this season to be the best season ever, but to me, it's not a question of talent, but more of lack of recent experience in competition and limited training access. Experience brings confidence. Confidence leads to consistency. Consistency leads to the stellar performances we have seen in previous years. It's a chain reaction, and for many skaters, the first step has not been possible in almost 2 years.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
(just reached 10,000 reactions, it's nice to see you apreciate my silliness :LOL: thank you)

Congratulations, darling!

😗

How could anybody not like your silliness?! It's like a breath of fresh air.

Just be aware, though. I don't use reactions (never have done, on any platform I am on). But, if I did, your tally would probably be at least doubled by now! :laugh:

So, you can start turning the air periwinkle at me now for holding you back. :p :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: