2021 JGP Kosice: Men's Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Kosice: Men's Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Corey was third at the FS (and was pleased with his skate, that was obvious) and 4th overall again. Just as in Courchevel. But I'm happy for him anyway - a jump from 8th to 4th feels better than a fall from 2nd to 4th (that's what happened in the first Courchevel).

That's a good point.

But, better to not make a habit of bombing the SP. One of my kids did that last season. She would be really low down in the SP, and then in the podium positions in the FS. It was really hampering her chances of winning medals. And the frustrating thing was that this was happening every competition.

At least with Corey he has already shown that he can do well in both programmes. It was just an off day yesterday. And everybody has them.

So, all in all, it bodes well.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK after a lovely night's sleep, my brain is awake and ready to watch the rest not knowing the outcome (gulp for Kirill!)

Loved hearing about Mishin and Moskvina! One question though...was the narrator an actual person or one of those robot things? I feel it was the latter.

Now! The Lads

Dias has great spins! And Sergeeeeeiiii! It's occurred to me, he might have met Dias either while meeting up with Denis Ten or at a memorial event (😞) I think that's really lovely that Sergei's helping the new generation of Kazahks.

Adam - Buble has re-entered the building! But I enjoyed the program! Adam has nice armography :)

Makar - He's heading for the club! Also nice armography at the start. Although rather messy skate...also Younghyun sparkley pacing in the background was sometimes distracting :laugh:

Is it bad I'm enjoying the 🐎 song? But then it's been over 8 hours since I last heard it :laugh2:

Younghyun - Still needs a new skate, but I love the costume! He's really fast too! The camera man is having a work out keeping up with him! So elegant too! And @Ichatdelune I love what I've seen of his costumes, very tasteful and eye-catching. 🥰 Ha ha Ted was like "Only one speed in that program" but it was fast and that's good!

Corey - So balletic! I really love the music a light and airy! Love the flourishes like the split jump and Ina Bauer :) But he flew back to Canada after Courchevel then came back? Seems like a weird thing to do, but I guess it was the only way to get ice time? (Also explains where Brian O went!)

Gasp! Kirill S, Plushy and Dima M are rinkside! Repeat they have entered the building!

Naoki - Ouch hard fall. Also this music always reminds me of school concerts, dunno why. It was rough, but I feel like his jumps could become really something! He's super springy! That last spin was superbly Swiss ;) Also I like his shirt for some reason.

Last group...oh shoot the nerves begin. And awww Kirill and Jaekeun are so smoll! Should Inskip through the warm-up...wait! Just saw Kirill's costume, love it 🥰 although...RIP puffy sleeves, I will miss you. Ted speaks sky Kirill's axel technique, I like it a lot! He goes super deep :)

Ilya must have had his ice cream! He did warm up quad! :biggrin:

Start order for the last group - it's a Russian invasion! (OMG, with four Russians they need to find a pedestrian crossing and recreate Abbey Road!)

Aleksandr - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Quad?Alas not so far. Nice donut spin though! Love the hair though.

And I accidentally posted this...and then had to quickly back track in the thread and try to avoid spoilers. All I saw is that William gets a medal...

Jaekeun - Did he steal Dima K's James Bond shirt?! :laugh2: He's going well! I love it when the smolls kick butt! Not sure if those waving people in the background are charmed by him or just trying to get on camera :p I am charmed though and nice score!

Andrei - I deeply appreciate the blue lining of his shirt. The quad has come out of hiding! Aww, then returned to obscurity. Haha random voiceover is random...

Kirill - Ah my nerves! But I did see hints while scrolling it was good... I'm hopeful....But OMG even if I had the skillz I could never be a skater, I couldn't take the wait to start...I'd be screaming...NGL I want this for Kirill so much because I love his work...but also for Plushy...to show everyone he's a real coach, to quieten the haters. Ahem...on topic Kirill's Axel technique is gorgeous!

Loses self in program.

:clap: <--- Actually depiction of me rn. Yaaasss! Yassss! You tiny boss! Guaranteed medal! I'm so happy for him! 🤗🥰

Ilya - Is that his costume? I am disappoint. Ah well let your skating speak for you! Maybe not on that jump tho...here he goes though! Although seriously...I feel like this music calls for suspended and a tie, at least the first bit.

Ahmahgawd I'm torn...I want Ilya to get it, I put him first but if Kirill gets silver or even a gold... OMG...

:laugh2: At Ted's comment on Ilya'a last spin...

Screams...SCREAMS!!! OMG Kirill has a guaranteed silver!!! I know William gets a medal, I don't know what colour. OMG...

William - He gives me Alex K vibes...I miss Alex K already...Wow this is all over the shop, but Will's jumps are huge...

:laugh2: Unexpected Plushy in the board area...is he allowed to do that?

Squeaks!!! I scrolled down too much and saw...

Kirill! Plushy! Dima M!!!

Please see attachment for my face (I shan't insert it as I don't want to disturb you when I realised Kirill won...he WON!!!

And now I have to go it's my mother's birthday and we're having a Zoom Party so I'm off!

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_110154_916.jpg
    IMG_20210904_110154_916.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63

Dogo

On the Ice
OK after a lovely night's sleep, my brain is awake and ready to watch the rest not knowing the outcome (gulp for Kirill!)

Loved hearing about Mishin and Moskvina! One question though...was the narrator an actual person or one of those robot things? I feel it was the latter.

Now! The Lads

Dias has great spins! And Sergeeeeeiiii! It's occurred to me, he might have met Dias either while meeting up with Denis Ten or at a memorial event (😞) I think that's really lovely that Sergei's helping the new generation of Kazahks.

Adam - Buble has re-entered the building! But I enjoyed the program! Adam has nice armography :)

Makar - He's heading for the club! Also nice armography at the start. Although rather messy skate...also Younghyun sparkley pacing in the background was sometimes distracting :laugh:

Is it bad I'm enjoying the 🐎 song? But then it's been over 8 hours since I last heard it :laugh2:

Younghyun - Still needs a new skate, but I love the costume! He's really fast too! The camera man is having a work out keeping up with him! So elegant too! And @Ichatdelune I love what I've seen of his costumes, very tasteful and eye-catching. 🥰 Ha ha Ted was like "Only one speed in that program" but it was fast and that's good!

Corey - So balletic! I really love the music a light and airy! Love the flourishes like the split jump and Ina Bauer :) But he flew back to Canada after Courchevel then came back? Seems like a weird thing to do, but I guess it was the only way to get ice time? (Also explains where Brian O went!)

Gasp! Kirill S, Plushy and Dima M are rinkside! Repeat they have entered the building!

Naoki - Ouch hard fall. Also this music always reminds me of school concerts, dunno why. It was rough, but I feel like his jumps could become really something! He's super springy! That last spin was superbly Swiss ;) Also I like his shirt for some reason.

Last group...oh shoot the nerves begin. And awww Kirill and Jaekeun are so smoll! Should Inskip through the warm-up...wait! Just saw Kirill's costume, love it 🥰 although...RIP puffy sleeves, I will miss you. Ted speaks sky Kirill's axel technique, I like it a lot! He goes super deep :)

Ilya must have had his ice cream! He did warm up quad! :biggrin:

Start order for the last group - it's a Russian invasion! (OMG, with four Russians they need to find a pedestrian crossing and recreate Abbey Road!)

Aleksandr - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Quad?Alas not so far. Nice donut spin though! Love the hair though.

And I accidentally posted this...and then had to quickly back track in the thread and try to avoid spoilers. All I saw is that William gets a medal...

Jaekeun - Did he steal Dima K's James Bond shirt?! :laugh2: He's going well! I love it when the smolls kick butt! Not sure if those waving people in the background are charmed by him or just trying to get on camera :p I am charmed though and nice score!

Andrei - I deeply appreciate the blue lining of his shirt. The quad has come out of hiding! Aww, then returned to obscurity. Haha random voiceover is random...

Kirill - Ah my nerves! But I did see hints while scrolling it was good... I'm hopeful....But OMG even if I had the skillz I could never be a skater, I couldn't take the wait to start...I'd be screaming...NGL I want this for Kirill so much because I love his work...but also for Plushy...to show everyone he's a real coach, to quieten the haters. Ahem...on topic Kirill's Axel technique is gorgeous!

Loses self in program.

:clap: <--- Actually depiction of me rn. Yaaasss! Yassss! You tiny boss! Guaranteed medal! I'm so happy for him! 🤗🥰

Ilya - Is that his costume? I am disappoint. Ah well let your skating speak for you! Maybe not on that jump tho...here he goes though! Although seriously...I feel like this music calls for suspended and a tie, at least the first bit.

Ahmahgawd I'm torn...I want Ilya to get it, I put him first but if Kirill gets silver or even a gold... OMG...

:laugh2: At Ted's comment on Ilya'a last spin...

Screams...SCREAMS!!! OMG Kirill has a guaranteed silver!!! I know William gets a medal, I don't know what colour. OMG...

William - He gives me Alex K vibes...I miss Alex K already...Wow this is all over the shop, but Will's jumps are huge...

:laugh2: Unexpected Plushy in the board area...is he allowed to do that?

Squeaks!!! I scrolled down too much and saw...

Kirill! Plushy! Dima M!!!

Please see attachment for my face (I shan't insert it as I don't want to disturb you when I realised Kirill won...he WON!!!

And now I have to go it's my mother's birthday and we're having a Zoom Party so I'm off!
I loved reading you reactions 😆
And I'm happy to know that you're happy! Kirill for the win!! (And due credit to Mikhailov and Plushy)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I've been tied up with grad life, so am only now slowly going through the whole event...

Some other random notes:
-Weissert's a nice skater and his costume looks really cosy to lounge around in
-Reshtenko's music starts off sounding a lot like my wake-up alarm - fantastic for Halloween
-I liked Jirenbayev's music but Ted doesn't :cry:
-Maybe a controversial opinion but I think Corey's posture (specifically neck and shoulders) needs improving. Good transitions though
-Jaekeun is the future of Korean men's skating, hope growth is kind to him!
-What's the secret to Younghyun's thick fringe (what North Americans call bangs)? Mine is vestigial and winter is coming...
-Annis and Anisimov are similar in name and nervousness 🤔 Both have potential to do a lot better though!
-1 landed quad from 3 boys each, none of whom won, I eat my SP words... Anyway, two of them from Moskvich :rock:
-Plushy seemed pleasantly surprised with Kirill's win, which I think was a bit more unexpected than the girls!