2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Men's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Men's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Okay, sleep like a log for 3 hours and a half, wake up at 2 am to watch Autumn Classic, go back to sleep, have brunch, then watch the JGP. That's my plan. Extremely not healthy but what can one do when there's figure skating to watch (meanwhile I'd love to watch US Classic too but Peacock doesn't work even if you use a VPN :tantrum:)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, sleep like a log for 3 hours and a half, wake up at 2 am to watch Autumn Classic, go back to sleep, have brunch, then watch the JGP. That's my plan. Extremely not healthy but what can one do when there's figure skating to watch (meanwhile I'd love to watch US Classic too but Peacock doesn't work even if you use a VPN :tantrum:)
USA got no respect for anyone.

Good luck with your sleeping!

It was a bit awkward having the special guests come out on the ice and... do nothing since it's self-service medals :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Bummer for Artem. If there's no free space someone else will have to be removed and that would be awful for them.
He had the same troubles with the free in Moscow’s championship, unfortunately.
Sad for both him and Anisimov in this competition.

Glad Chiu had a successful free here!

Also, Rukhin 🙌 I like Lutfullin’s short more than free, but it was a great competition with some nail biting moments for sure!

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Egor's program was quite a snoozefest PCS wise (I love the music, but the choreo and performance, where was it today lad?) and the last two spins were not it - that's me saying this as a huge fan of him, I know he can do better!! He was probably concentrating really hard though and looked a bit tired after starting off with those great jumps, I know he will improve even more!

Dogo

On the Ice
I'm really sad for my boy Artem. This was not his night. Also, the axis of his jumps are changing and tilt too much on the wrong direction. I don't know if it's because of nerves or training style. It's a shame because he was peaking during last year season and his Russian cup LP was so exciting to watch. I hope he can come back from this. Also, he was not hitting his choreo tonight either.

Dogo

On the Ice
Does Artem have a bad day or a bad choice of music? Even if the jumps had happened, this was a bit short of energy. :(
He was looking amazing on his Russian cup assignments the previous season. Look up his program on youtube (it was so exciting to watch). He was hitting every note, feeling the music, going through all the jumps, even singing along the lyrics... but tonight was not his night I guess

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Egor Cheloshkin, I think he does mostly off-ice conditioning at Mishin's school.
You've got all the info! 🥰
Did you send a mail to Ted? :eek2: What did you write? Did you send greetings from all of us at GoldenSkate?
I did and even better, he read it out!

I forgot to mention Golden Skate though! 😲

We should all send him emails, I'm pretty sure he reads them all ☺️

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just finished watching. Ups and downs as usual among men and boys. Happy for Andreas Nordebäck having a good skate. I believe he didn’t compete at all last season. I liked Lucas Broussard already at Courchevel. He’s my new find this season. Very special. Way to go Lucas! And Fedor Zonov who raised from 8th to 5th place without a quad or 3 axel (y) (he did an unsuccessful 3 axel and fell on the combo in the short)

Skaters in the last group were pretty close and there was as expected some changes. I suppose the Russian guys are supposed to do quads and 3 axels in a hurry. Which makes them vulnerable. I liked Egor Ruhkin who was steady until the last minute or so. Also enjoyed Wesley Chiu. Nice to see an upcoming Canadian male skater.

Congrats Gleb, Egor and Wesley :clap: