2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Women's Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Krasnoyarsk: Women's Short Program

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Oh Zinina, I really just don't see it I guess. Everything feels like it's not quite there. Kulikova for example was much better to watch for me. Perhaps it's the program, perhaps not.

On Berestovskaya, it really makes me wonder how she's not managed to increase her jump height at all over the course of 4 years. Generally speaking, in such a time and at such a young age, just about anyone should be able to increase vertical jump height by a pretty significant amount. Feels like she's getting left behind and this probably will be her only JGP event.
Well it’s not just about being in top2, she needs to score 140+ to score higher than other Russians on other stages. Honestly, sounds pretty doable for Sofia, unless she has another meltdown.
Good that they decided to stick to 4S and 3A and not try 4Lz and 4Lo. She needs to be on a safe side.
She probably needs to score at least that much just to be second, so the two really go hand in hand.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It's not the end yet but seriously, after the disastrous last domestic competition I don't know why she didn't play it more safely...
She said that she didn’t have a single mistake on 3A-3T for a while and she doesn’t understand why she made a mistake. Probably nerves, but I get that her training might have gone exceptionally well and she felt safe doing 3A in SP

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm I would have thought you'd put less stand-out tape on your knee...

Nice dresses in this group though.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m so happy to see Liza B in a Grand Prix event. After 5th in Nationals, I thought she had her spot solidly. I’m surprised she only got in due to Daria S injury. She puts her personality into her skate. Wish more of the Eteri girls were like her.

Anastasia Z, Plushenko is doing. A good job with his Junior Skaters. I liked her program.

Anya00

Rinkside
Oh Zinina, I really just don't see it I guess. Everything feels like it's not quite there. Kulikova for example was much better to watch for me. Perhaps it's the program, perhaps not.
I agree - somehow Zinina just isn't it for me and kind of reminds me of Titova in a way although I can't really specify how:unsure: I just discovered Kulikova today and she's definitely a skater I'll be looking out for in the future!