2021 Lombardia: Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia: Rhythm Dance

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Protocols are up: https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5536/Dance_RD_Scores.pdf

Loicia/Theo's was for costume/prop violation
Called it! I saw them debut their RD at the JGP gala a couple weeks ago and the first words out of my mouth were, “costume violation!” :)

Rewound the stream just now to see what I missed and may I say, I do like Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen’s. What he lacks in technical skating skills, he makes up for with really fine partnering. He always presents her beautifully-even for their bows!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
God, I'm back in the flat, just finished catching up on RD at Russian Test Skates, did notes and now onto search for videos from Lombardia RD...I don't see YT stream being archived, but I hope to watch all of performances.
Who was the best for you/the most enjoyable?

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
God, I'm back in the flat, just finished catching up on RD at Russian Test Skates, did notes and now onto search for videos from Lombardia RD...I don't see YT stream being archived, but I hope to watch all of performances.
Who was the best for you/the most enjoyable?
Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen, Carriera/Ponomarenko, and I believe the Germans (Janse Van Renberg/Steffen) if you can find them are worth a watch.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wonder if Loicia's costume was deemed to have too much middriff on show - maybe she needs to put black sheer mesh over the front or something
I just caught on that RD and I do think that costume violation deduction may have come from those hip cutouts on Loicia's pants...
I like their overall look though - sleek and polished, but catching the eye. I kinda dig that hip cutouts too, just maybe get some mesh or material under it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was dancing/rocking out along with them during the House of Pain section. :laugh:
I see why after watching it :)
To date, I think this is one of my favourite RDs this season - I like the compilation of these particular pieces together, the way they transition and how choreography matches musical accents/rhythm well. Plus the music brings nostalgia to me.I quite enjoy the choreography concept, too - *dance breaks* are palatable and go well with required elements.
One thing - I just wish the styling/costuming was more reflective of the music chosen or just more modern. Watching them, one of my first thoughts was *did they raided Pechalat/Bourzat old costumes closet?* because those costumes reminded me *P/B circa 2008* a bit :laugh:. I so totally see this program with them both in baggy pants, some cropped top/shirt for Evgenia, maybe solid colors, some headband/bandana scarf situation...? Plus turning expression volume up a bit and voilà.