2021 Lombardia Trophy: Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Trophy: Free Dance

LadyB

Record Breaker
yup... that's how i see them too... one part of me wants them rewarded for their quality and the refinement... then the other part of me is like... okay... next team please... however in this event, they were the only team that had it together
Absolutely my sentiment.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
yup... that's how i see them too... one part of me wants them rewarded for their quality and the refinement... then the other part of me is like... okay... next team please... however in this event, they were the only team that had it together
I think they are just very old-school, very high quality dancers who excel at all the technical things that are not particularly in fashion now, not showy or flashy or particularly crowd pleasing. They are skaters’ skaters. Its a shame they couldn’t have skated when we still had compulsory dances, their quality would have had them at the top of the heap.

auser

Record Breaker
Well, I'm going to try and watch pairs. But too sleepy to post. Best wishes to Pairs. Thanks for watching with me everyone. It has been fun. See you next time. mwah:love:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
C/P had a higher BV than F-B/S and H/K - they really did lose that in the goe and in the PCS - think it may be time to go back to the drawing board

ana

On the Ice
Congratulations to all medalists!
No medal for Cristina and Anthony 😢 It wasn't their day.
Happy for Sara and Kiril.☺

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At this point C/P are not improving at all they seemed to be at a crossroads in their career just like H/B. Unless they both get it together i see a younger team like W/C passing them both up fairly quickly. I would love to see Antony pair up with someone like Avonley Nguyen because to be honest i don't see Carreira improving enough for them to make a move to the top even with the retirements after the Olympics

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At this point C/P are not improving at all they seemed to be at a crossroads in their career just like H/B. Unless they both get it together i see a younger team like W/C passing them both up fairly quickly. I would love to see Antony pair up with someone like Avonley Nguyen because to be honest i don't see Carreira improving enough for them to make a move to the top even with all of the retirements after the Olympics. They are losing to teams like the Finns and CZE that they should be beating easily.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
At this point C/P are not improving at all they seemed to be at a crossroads in their career just like H/B. Unless they both get it together i see a younger team like W/C passing them both up fairly quickly. I would love to see Antony pair up with someone like Avonley Nguyen because to be honest i don't see Carreira improving enough for them to make a move to the top even with the retirements after the Olympics
Agree that CPom have not developed as I would have thought, and now find themselves in a difficult position, but disagree as to a couple points, namely:

1. I do think Anthony is part of the problem. He did not learn that sloppiness from either of his parents, I feel quite sure of that. He’s had a couple years of seniors competition now, but still has not corrected the issues he has had since juniors.

2. I think the hoof beats in the distance are not from the current juniors, but from Green/Parsons, who look ready to make their move. Neither CPom nor HB can afford to relax.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
At this point C/P are not improving at all they seemed to be at a crossroads in their career just like H/B. Unless they both get it together i see a younger team like W/C passing them both up fairly quickly. I would love to see Antony pair up with someone like Avonley Nguyen because to be honest i don't see Carreira improving enough for them to make a move to the top even with all of the retirements after the Olympics. They are losing to teams like the Finns and CZE that they should be beating easily.
I actually think Christina has improved here. You can't expect a team to move coaches in April and improve everything by early September. I also think - like for any of the teams - it's so early in the season. Teams evolve, grow and edit over the season and the challengers are a good place to see what works and what needs changing for the GP season.