2021 Lombardia Trophy: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Trophy: General Info

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I was hoping to sleep in a little but looks like I’ll be up for that first group to cheer on Alexia :coffee: Might have to miss the men unfortunately but I hope Daniel Grassl has great programs and so does Tomoki!

ice_tulip

On the Ice
Looking forward to the pairs, even though that competition doesn't count as a Challenger. Still, 10 pairs from 4 countries. Should be worthwhile viewing.
Where are the pairs? When I looked at entry lists for Lombardia, Autumn Classic and US International FS Classic, I saw men, women, and dance, but no pairs! What am I missing?

Andrea82

Medalist
Where are the pairs? When I looked at entry lists for Lombardia, Autumn Classic and US International FS Classic, I saw men, women, and dance, but no pairs! What am I missing?

US International FS Classic doesn't have pairs.
Autumn Classic and Lombardia Trophy were scheduled to have Pairs but without being part of the Challenger Series. They were supposed to be just regular International competitions.
So you don't see them in the ISU page about Challenger events but there is another page in ISU Calendar for Lombardia and Autumn Classic with only the Pair competition.
However, in the meantime, Pairs at Autumn Classic has been upgraded to Challenger status (to compensate Men being downgraded to national competition because only Canadian men are entered).

In Lombardia, Pairs stay outside the Challenger Series status. Starting order is here:

ice_tulip

On the Ice
US International FS Classic doesn't have pairs.
Autumn Classic and Lombardia Trophy were scheduled to have Pairs but without being part of the Challenger Series. They were supposed to be just regular International competitions.
So you don't see them in the ISU page about Challenger events but there is another page in ISU Calendar for Lombardia and Autumn Classic with only the Pair competition.
However, in the meantime, Pairs at Autumn Classic has been upgraded to Challenger status (to compensate Men being downgraded to national competition because only Canadian men are entered).

In Lombardia, Pairs stay outside the Challenger Series status. Starting order is here:

Wow, that seems unnecessarily complicated... Thanks for explaining all that!!