2021 Lombardia Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am quite impressed by this nr. 2 couple of France. Coline and Noel-Antoine did not do so well at Worlds (they were there, weren't they? Perhaps I've got it wrong again).

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am quite impressed by this nr. 2 couple of France. Coline and Noel-Antoine did not do so well at Worlds (they were there, weren't they? Perhaps I've got it wrong again).
I missed Worlds but I think they were there because France had 2 spots so they sent the only 2 pairs they had.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Cleo and Denys are doing something very different compared to last year. Nasty fall (and cute that Denys clearly was very worried, and waited) but I still love watching them.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I feel bad for non-v/o fans, seems quite popular this year. I think it worked in this skate since it was so French!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, v/o is definitely a trend. Funnily I liked it when P/C did it in their FD, but at the time I didn't expect so many to copy the idea. It can be wonderful, but regrettably more often than not it's the opposite of. Agree that it worked in this skate though.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
In small bits it's can really help both skater and audience relate to the story being told by the dance. I find it helpful when not overused.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yeah, v/o is definitely a trend. Funnily I liked it when P/C did it in their FD, but at the time I didn't expect so many to copy the idea. It can be wonderful, but regrettably more often than not it's the opposite of. Agree that it worked in this skate though.
I don't know if I would call P/C's FD "I'll Find you" a voiceover. To me they skated to spoken word which I think is a little different from v/o. At least to me.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They're getting there, most importantly NED has a pairs team.
The odd thing is, we've actually got two pairs this time round. I had hoped to see Nika Osipova and Dmitry Epstein here as well. But Daria and Michel are on the way to Nebelhorn, so they need the competition more probably.
I don't know if I would call P/C's FD "I'll Find you" a voiceover. To me they skated to spoken word which I think is a little different from v/o. At least to me.
Yes, you are right!

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The odd thing is, we've actually got two pairs this time round. I had hoped to see Nika Osipova and Dmitry Epstein here as well. But Daria and Michel are on the way to Nebelhorn, so they need the competition more probably.

Yes, you are right!
I wish for them to have the best skate ever at Nebelhorn! Good Luck Daria & Michel!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's not just that I am happy to see Sara and Niccolo again (after Challenge Cup), it's that they have improved a lot in that short time. Yay! They'll drop a bit in the standings though....

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love this little audience, they may be small but they know their skating! They clap and don't clap at the appropriate times.