2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2021 Nebelhorn Trophy—a designated qualifying event for the upcoming 2022 Olympics—is the third in a series of ten events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Oberstdorf, Germany, September 22-25, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you for making the thread.

So far, there has been no information about having a crowd or what Covid measures will be taken. There is, however, one important thing to add. The german government has decided today, that people without a positive vaccination status, must be tested every 24 hours for indoor activities such as sport events from August 23rd onwards.

This rule applies when an indicator of 35 is reached, which is very likely to happen in September. It is at 28 today.

As for tickets, they are supposed to go on sale this month, but I only have a phone number for ticket orders at the moment, so I am not sure if the presale has already started. (this has changed as of August 11, tickets are now sold at the door only, explanation below)

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker

As an explanation for their decision, which was also new to me.

The max capacity is down to 50% and since they do not know yet how many officials, athletes, press ... will attend (they are included), ticket sales in advance are not possible.

As always, nobody knows yet if this news will remain alive for more than a few days, we sit at 5k new cases already, last year we had much less and they did not get the ok from the local authorities for spectators. We were at an incidence of 12 in September 2020, today we are already at 25, the region where Nebelhorn takes place is even at 31.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Has anyone heard that this is to be moved. I have heard a rumour but nothing concrete.

Andrea82

Medalist
Australia entries

Women: Kailani Craine (sub: Victoria Alcantara)
Men: Brendan Kerry (sub: James Min)
Pair: Hektor G Moore & Anastasia Golubeva (sub: Campbell Young & Lachlan Lewar)
Ice Dance: Holly Harris & Jason Chan (sub: Chantelle Kerry & Andrew Dodds)

Judge: Mark Christopher Storton (Ice Dance)

Source: ISA international assignments sheet

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well. I've looked on some sites (like from the DEU, the offcial site, etc.), and everything is still the same as mentioned above by @Axel D. I cannot imagine this competition being moved. This is the last opportunity for Olympic Qualification after all.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Well. I've looked on some sites (like from the DEU, the offcial site, etc.), and everything is still the same as mentioned above by @Axel D. I cannot imagine this competition being moved. This is the last opportunity for Olympic Qualification after all.
Thank you for checking. This is a rumour circulating in Courchevel right now. I dont know if it means location change or date change but my source says it will be held just maybe not in Oberstdorf.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Taiwan (Chinese TPE) entries

Women: Tzu Han Ting* (Alt: Jenny Shyu)
Men: Che Yu Yeh (Alt: Chih-I Tsao)

Source: CTFS Website (Link in Chinese)

*Explanation of Women's entry: during the selection competition (held earlier in Apr), Ting took the 1st place in Sr. Women's competition. On the other hand, Emmy Ma (who represented Taiwan during WC2020) had announced her retirement, which left Shyu to be the highest rank in the world ranking. But since Shyu could not make it back to Taiwan for the selection competition due to the quarantine requirement at that time, in the end Ting got the entry.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Mark Kondratuk will perform at Nebelhorn Trophy instead of Aliev.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Mark Kondratuk will perform at Nebelhorn Trophy instead of Aliev.

...YAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Not sure if this made the news yet, but if not here are some additional information.

Nebelhorn will be streamed live on Sportdeutschland.TV

There is also going to be an on demand feed, in case you missed it. As for tickets, current statement is that a small crowd is allowed, with a potential presale 1 week in advance at the box office.

Nothing new about what COVID measures apply, but I am guessing not having the vaccine can be an issue.

N.P.

Spectator