2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forgot to say how beautiful Minerva and Nolan's first throw jump was. After that, I thought they got a little rattled ... but they kept going and kept their spirits up. Congratulations for their win today!

I do love Karina and Luca from Georgia as well. Good for them for keeping going and winning bronze. Congratulations to them, and to the silver medalists Laura and Marco!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nice evening of pairs skating even if there was not one completely clean skate. But there was still quite a lot to enjoy! Nice for Minerva Fabienne and Nolan to win after a lost season, and...well the Spanish really were the best tonight. And they got an Olympic spot for Spain in pairs. Has that ever happened before? The Georgians also did well, and a bronze medal into the bargain (and that spot). Congratulations to the medallists!!!!!

A pity the Chinese just weren't good enough, and we saw the man of the 1000 partners do it again. He'll be at the OG.

And the new Aussies were impressive too. Lots of potential, not for 2022 yet but definitely for 2026.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Georgia in the Team Event, barring disaster from Kazakova/Reviya (and probably even then).
They now have a change to qualify for the team event, regardless of how K/R do.

The points for qualification for the team event come from the GP though.

(I want K/R to be able to compete in both the team and individually at the Olympics though.)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice evening of pairs skating even if there was not one completely clean skate. But there was still quite a lot to enjoy! Nice for Minerva Fabienne and Nolan to win after a lost season, and...well the Spanish really were the best tonight. And they got an Olympic spot for Spain in pairs. Has that ever happened before? The Georgians also did well, and a bronze medal into the bargain (and that spot). Congratulations to the medallists!!!!!

A pity the Chinese just weren't good enough, and we saw the man of the 1000 partners do it again. He'll be at the OG.

And the new Aussies were impressive too. Lots of potential, not for 2022 yet but definitely for 2026.

I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. I've been reliably informed on other threads that investing money and energy into non-traditional skating powers is a waste, and those athletes shouldn't be included in the global skating community. Therefore Spain couldn't possibly be headed to the Olympics in pairs.

(Sorry for the off-topic snark... that thread really infuriated me.)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. I've been reliably informed on other threads that investing money and energy into non-traditional skating powers is a waste, and those athletes shouldn't be included in the global skating community. Therefore Spain couldn't possibly be headed to the Olympics in pairs.

(Sorry for the off-topic snark... that thread really infuriated me.)
I had planned to retire but just saw your 'snark'. I didn't comment on that thread, I think. would have infuriated me too. I am just so pleased that Spain has got a really good pair, which effectively puts point to the 'reliable information' in that thread. :jump: