2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Free Skate

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lara has to be kicking herself right now. 1 fall, 1 point made all the difference, Crane sputtered to the finish line so it wasn’t like Lara had to be great to overtake her.

That has to sting the most. That your opponent placed higher than you because she was less bad than you.

Kurakova was the star for me. You could see that 3 quarters of the way through she knew she qualified. Took her eye off the ball and stumbled before she composed herself. Can’t blame her, takes a moment after that adrenaline rush kicks in.

Reactions: ana

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Lara has to be kicking herself right now. 1 fall, 1 point made all the difference, Crane sputtered to the finish line so it wasn’t like Lara had to be great to overtake her.
She might still be skating the team event - which of course, you will be watching, no questions asked, tyvm.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She might still be skating the team event - which of course, you will be watching, no questions asked, tyvm.
I will be watching.

But I may be the only person on earth that follows the team event and won’t watch the other disciplines besides the ladies in said team event. Haha

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I will be watching.

But I may be the only person on earth that follows the team event and won’t watch the other disciplines besides the ladies in said team event. Haha
Oh, you simply have to watch the full team event at the Olympics! Think of it as reaffirming your choice to never watch the rest of the disciplines ever again ;)

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That has to sting the most. That your opponent placed higher than you because she was less bad than you.

Kurakova was the star for me. You could see that 3 quarters of the way through she knew she qualified. Took her eye off the ball and stumbled before she composed herself. Can’t blame her, takes a moment after that adrenaline rush kicks in.
Now I’m seeing in the Europe thread that the Swedes have possible funding and/or internal selection criteria issues and may not send anyone after all Geez, this final spot may turn into a soap opera.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
I'm super duper happy for Katya, I have been into figure skating for a looong time and I'm glad that my country finally has a skater like that. This makes it even more interesting for me to watch!

I just rewatched her 3-e-3 in slow motion and I'm pleasantly surprised about the deep outside edge and no prerotiation on the Lutz.
The Flip is flat edged and on the border of q and UR tho.

Reactions: ana