2021 Nepela Memorial Trophy: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Nepela Memorial Trophy: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Nepela Memorial Trophy is the fourth in a series of ten events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Bratislava, Slovakia, September 30 – October 2, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

el henry

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad this is cancelled

Hopefully the only one of the series. We want skating!

I want so much:

I want skating.

I want safety and health.

I want Jason to skate Sinnerman perfectly in front of an audience. I want the audience to be healthy and safe.

So much that I want :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I need to keep my skating competitions straight! I originally read this as Neblehorn and was horrified, that's the only chance Australia has to get into the Olympics!

Then I re-read and went "Phew!"

Shame for those who were planning to compete though :(

Azikin

Medalist
That's sad, first trouble with JGP and now this.. but delta version starts spreading in Europe, I'm afraid.. so much for the normal season...

Mauvedreamer

On the Ice
It was cancelled due to uncertain conditions and ever changing regulations and measures taken due to the pandemic... The statement is buried on SKrZ website and only in Slovak.

No need to worry for this one, yet...
Oh ok thought as much. That is a shame.

Ivana

On the Ice
Why another country does no replace Nepela Memorial Trophy?

Sweden like Stokolm? Netherlands?
Neither Sweden nor Netherlands have a competition scheduled within this year that could be a last moment replacement for a Challanger series competition.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The only competitions I can think of as possible replacement for a Challenger would be the Budapest trophy or the Ice Star in Belarus, and there's a very big but to both of them, so that won't happen. There's another rather important Challenger at the same time in Beijing which also happens to be the OWG test event.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only competitions I can think of as possible replacement for a Challenger would be the Budapest trophy or the Ice Star in Belarus, and there's a very big but to both of them, so that won't happen. There's another rather important Challenger at the same time in Beijing which also happens to be the OWG test event.
What about International Classic in Norwood, could that become a Challenger?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Then you would also have two Challengers simultaneously as the Autumn Classic International in Canada takes place at the same time. On the other hand, weren't these two competitions both Challengers once? They are a bit earlier than Nepela would have been, but that would actually make it easier. And isn't there a kind of agreement these competitions will be a Challenger alternately? But, if not, it might be a good idea.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Then you would also have two Challengers simultaneously as the Autumn Classic International in Canada takes place at the same time. On the other hand, weren't these two competitions both Challengers once? They are a bit earlier than Nepela would have been, but that would actually make it easier. And isn't there a kind of agreement these competitions will be a Challenger alternately? But, if not, it might be a good idea.
They were, but they weren't the same week then