2021 NHK Trophy: Women's Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy: Women's Short Program

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
She has the same passport as Kaori does, and she got plenty of PCS. Its not just what federation you are from, but how much they are backing you.

Right, you're not wrong. But SNAKSuyun was comparing her scores to the other new senior girls, Kaori has been competing for quite a few season now so, whether it's right or wrong, she benefits from that

Joekaz

On the Ice
Right, you're not wrong. But SNAKSuyun was comparing her scores to the other new senior girls, Kaori has been competing for quite a few season now so, whether it's right or wrong, she benefits from that
Thats true, but Kaori got decent PCS her first year too. She has always had the support.Look at Wakaba, she still gets no love.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also Jackie Wong says Daria has fractured hip. Others are saying it isn’t so serious. Let’s hope it isn’t.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Daria has (from Russian fed) a torn ligament, although it was initially reported by MatchTV that she had a fractured hip. Since a fractured hip requires an MRI/x-ray and it was a very detailed description of what type of fracture, some people are wondering if it actually is a hip fracture with a torn ligament as well or just a fracture. The fracture would be far, far more serious, taking 4-6 months to fully heal with surgery. However, a torn ligament does fit with Daria having groin pain and injury before NHK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, and hope for the best.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’ve just caught up. Fell asleep last night. Literally afraid to watch the men.
Most of the men were wonderful to watch, I'm glad I saw them first.

As for the women, I hope there will be cleaner free skates and that Daria will get well soon. 💕🙏

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daria has (from Russian fed) a torn ligament, although it was initially reported by MatchTV that she had a fractured hip. Since a fractured hip requires an MRI/x-ray and it was a very detailed description of what type of fracture, some people are wondering if it actually is a hip fracture with a torn ligament as well or just a fracture. The fracture would be far, far more serious, taking 4-6 months to fully heal with surgery. However, a torn ligament does fit with Daria having groin pain and injury before NHK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, and hope for the best.
Recovery time from torn ligament is 2-3 months. For a regular person. I think it may be a season ender. Fractured hip would be much worse.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
Recovery time from torn ligament is 2-3 months. For a regular person. I think it may be a season ender. Fractured hip would be much worse.
Heartbreaking in either case for this to happen to a young girl in her senior debut season. Especially since we all already know how fierce domestic competition is in Russia. Just hope we'd be able to see her again someday, healthy and competing with joy like Mai. :ghug:

Joekaz

On the Ice
yes, I remember very well your opinion on Wakaba and I agree with you, she's not getting the recognition she deserves
I think we generally agree about the influence of national feds in international events. But I was trying to also point out that there is alot of inter fed politics and favoritism in many countries as well.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
Poor Daria. It sounds like it is a very very painful injury, whatever it is.

Was she the russian most likely to win the olympic gold this year?

Zora

On the Ice
So, random question - what makes Mana's PCS (even when she lands her 3A) so much lower than those of some of the other 3A new senior girls, even when the latter girls don't land their 3As? Asking for a friend.
I wonder about that as well, why is it so hard for Japanese newcomers to escape the low average PCS? I'm sure the judges often don't give them any reputation scores, because they don't know them well yet, but I also think many young Japanese skaters aren't packaged very smart. The international judges don't seem to be overly impressed by the cute style.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Poor Daria how devastating for her! So sad for her.🙏😥 So delighted to see Mana skate to her potential. Been a big fan of hers. Love her SP. Rino is such a talent. Great to see Kaori winning.
Always love the Japanese audience too.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Rino Matsuike est tres jolie :LOL:
clena Mana is regal
oh Amber :frown:
still no armor for Kaori gladiatrix