2021 Open d'Andorra | Golden Skate

2021 Open d'Andorra

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Open d'Andorra is an international competition which will take place Nov 24-28, 2021, in Canillo, Andorra. The event will feature competitors in the Novice, Junior, and Senior divisions for the Singles and Ice dance disciplines and will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the Special Regulations and Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
It does look worrying @norwegianfairytale . However, on their Facebook site yesterday they posted that there will be a live stream, so it seems it's really going to happen! Still no entrees though.
Thank you, that is indeed a very good sign. I guess they are just slow with the entries. Norway are planning to send 4 skaters, 2 senior and 2 juniors. The senior ladies needs to get the TES minimum for the FS for EC. It would be nice to see the entries and also know if there is enough countries competing to count as minimum TES and PB.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
From Finland Emmi Peltonen will be there. Juulia Turkkila/Mattias Versluis is announced, but they may WD. This info is based on Finnish federation homepages and the skaters's interviews.

Country
Norway
Thank you @ladyjane :)

It looks like for the most disciplines there is enough entries from different countries to count as minimum TES!

A little bit worry for me. Ida Vamnes is not listed in the junior entries after all and seems to be injured. She was also originally going to Dortmund, but was not on the entries list there either. Her last competition was in Budapest Trophy a month ago and she hasn´t been competing since, not even domestically. I hope she just have to rest and doesn´t need to be out for a long time, she landed a clean 3Lz combo in her FS in Budapest Trophy and she would be in the loop for JWC, together with Mia Risa and Linnea Kilsand. However she needs the minimum, which the latter already got. When is the last chance to get JWC minimum? The Nordics Open is pretty early this year so I guess it´s still possible then.

Linnea Kilsand has got the JWC minimum I think, she got SP minimum in JGP, but the required TES for FS she got in a senior competition in Dortmund, I guess it counts all though it was a senior competition? All though, her task for this competition would probably be to get the FS minimum for EC. In Dortmund she scored 38,64 TES so she was close. I don´t know if it´s nerves or stamina, but Linnea usually don´t skate well in the FS. I hope she can figure it out because we don´t have a senior skater yet who has the minimum. Frida Berge also has the SP TES but also needs it for the FS. So this will be an important competition for the senior girls. Linnea however is also on the list for Bratislava Grand Prix, so most likely she has another chance after this. Frida Berge is going to Universiade in December, but I don´t think it counts as minimum?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really don't know whether points gathered at the Universiade would count for the TES minimums. They do follow the ISU rules there in the sense that they work with the IJS, but I don't know whether they comply with the rules for the composition of judging panels (and the Technical Control panels).

Last edited:

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Thank you @ladyjane :)

It looks like for the most disciplines there is enough entries from different countries to count as minimum TES!

A little bit worry for me. Ida Vamnes is not listed in the junior entries after all and seems to be injured. She was also originally going to Dortmund, but was not on the entries list there either. Her last competition was in Budapest Trophy a month ago and she hasn´t been competing since, not even domestically. I hope she just have to rest and doesn´t need to be out for a long time, she landed a clean 3Lz combo in her FS in Budapest Trophy and she would be in the loop for JWC, together with Mia Risa and Linnea Kilsand. However she needs the minimum, which the latter already got. When is the last chance to get JWC minimum? The Nordics Open is pretty early this year so I guess it´s still possible then.

Linnea Kilsand has got the JWC minimum I think, she got SP minimum in JGP, but the required TES for FS she got in a senior competition in Dortmund, I guess it counts all though it was a senior competition? All though, her task for this competition would probably be to get the FS minimum for EC. In Dortmund she scored 38,64 TES so she was close. I don´t know if it´s nerves or stamina, but Linnea usually don´t skate well in the FS. I hope she can figure it out because we don´t have a senior skater yet who has the minimum. Frida Berge also has the SP TES but also needs it for the FS. So this will be an important competition for the senior girls. Linnea however is also on the list for Bratislava Grand Prix, so most likely she has another chance after this. Frida Berge is going to Universiade in December, but I don´t think it counts as minimum?
TES scores for JW need to be met at International junior competitions. TES score for Euros and Worlds have to be met at senior competition. IMO its a lot of pressure to try for both in the same season.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
I really don't know whether points gathered at the Universiade would count for the TES minimums. They do follow the ISU rules there in the sense that they work with the IJS, but I don't know whether they comply with the rules for the composition of judging panels (and the Technical Control panels).
I think they follow rules of judging panel as well however ISU has strict rules on qualifying comps need to be open so not only for university students and thus I dont think that will work. But Im not sure.

Country
Norway
I´m glad there is a stream, it would be nice though if it was possible to find some sort of timetable anywhere. Looks like from advertise video that it will start on Thursday.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
There is a provisional schedule in the Announcement document, with the competition starting on the 25th (Thursday) at 1 PM (basic novice boys), and at that time the competition start every day (practices in the morning at 10 AM.) The competition ends on Sunday at app. 7 PM. The Sunday afternoon is reserved for the FS and FD of the senior competitors.

Country
Norway
There is a update on the site today about the competition and it looks like it will go ahead as normal and that it will be according to the ISU regulations:

The competition results must be calculated according to the valid ISU Special Regulations Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance, currently Rules 352 and 353.

https://www.faeg.ad/noticia/open-dandorra-2021

Also in this page there is a link to the result page. I guess they will use this site, but looks like it´s not updated yet because it´s from a previous competition.

Country
Norway
I was having a look at the Facebook account for more information and there are others asking for entries and result link :laugh: Yet they havn´t replied...

Well at least we know there is a stream starting tomorrow at 08.00 AM, we just don´t know the entries and different start times...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There is a update on the site today about the competition and it looks like it will go ahead as normal and that it will be according to the ISU regulations:

https://www.faeg.ad/noticia/open-dandorra-2021

Also in this page there is a link to the result page. I guess they will use this site, but looks like it´s not updated yet because it´s from a previous competition.

And on the front page of the Fed's website, the results button is pointing towards this page:

https://www.faeg.ad/open-andorra-2021/index.htm

:drama:

Whatever page it appears on, I hope it appears soon. I need to know if I need to arrange packed lunches for any of my kids! :drama:

(I read over a month ago that some of them were planning to come here, but I don't know if that is still the plan).

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was having a look at the Facebook account for more information and there are others asking for entries and result link :laugh: Yet they havn´t replied...

Well at least we know there is a stream starting tomorrow at 08.00 AM, we just don´t know the entries and different start times...

I just sent the Federation a second email.
Well, whatever you did worked. The results pages are now up. Thank you for saving the day!