2021 Peggy Fleming Trophy

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Anybody watching?

I see Peggy!

So far there is a LOT of talking.
I am but find myself doing a lot of fast forwarding. There is some lovely skating but as was stated there is lots of talking. The comp has the feel of a promo.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I still dont understand why they cant find people who know how to use the zoom with auto focus. Even on a ho hum tripod, it looks better than these vids????

auser

Record Breaker
Some fun skating from Camden's Walk This Way choreo. Would definitely have appreciated more close ups of him in the video;).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Not to disagree with the Coyote but—as I watch Liu I can’t help seeing all the things Jeremy Abbott must be working with her on. She’s not there yet IMHO. But I can so picture him illustrating this move, or that :)
Her body has changed so much.....but maybe I am biased..:).I just like her....love Karen Chen and Isabeau too.....gotta go back and watch Ms. HIcks....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Some fun skating from Camden's Walk This Way choreo. Would definitely have appreciated more close ups of him in the video;).
It is so very odd. My wife does a sport called dog agility where K9 and handler run an obsticle course....its not that hard to film a run with auto focus zoom and a so so vid camera and tripod...yet here, it was like qualifiers last year....no zoom.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a wonderful competition. The musicality, the creativity in the moves and the skating are second to none. So inspiring. There were some really interesting entrees and exits from jumps I had never seen before, some fantastic Ina Bauers (that actually took some time to execute, as they should and which I miss in ordinary competitions), some great signature moves (and Tomoki's split jumps are really something) and generally just great edges, step sequences, choreography, even simple cross overs fitting to the music.

The more often I watch this (and this is the third time I could and did), the more enthusiastic I get. I love these types of programmes. No clutter, great skating skills and - perhaps most important of all to me - the joy of it. It seemed like all skaters enjoyed what they were doing. I would have had Tomoki on the podium though. But that's just me probably. I did like the three young women at the top too.

And I hope @el henry watched...Andrew T did a pretty good job. And it was lovely to see Jason at the beginning.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What a wonderful competition. The musicality, the creativity in the moves and the skating are second to none. So inspiring. There were some really interesting entrees and exits from jumps I had never seen before, some fantastic Ina Bauers (that actually took some time to execute, as they should and which I miss in ordinary competitions), some great signature moves (and Tomoki's split jumps are really something) and generally just great edges, step sequences, choreography, even simple cross overs fitting to the music.

The more often I watch this (and I this is the third time I could and did), the more enthusiastic I get. I love these types of programmes. No clutter, great skating skills and - perhaps most important of all to me - the joy of it. It seemed like all skaters enjoyed what they were doing. I would have had Tomoki on the podium though. But that's just me probably. I did like the three young women at the top too.

And I hope @el henry watched...Andrew T did a pretty good job. And it was lovely to see Jason at the beginning.
Hope you are uneffected by the flooding!
This comp makes me want to take my seats at SA and Nats......lets hope they can happen!

auser

Record Breaker
It is so very odd. My wife does a sport called dog agility where K9 and handler run an obsticle course....its not that hard to film a run with auto focus zoom and a so so vid camera and tripod...yet here, it was like qualifiers last year....no zoom.
Oh I love watching those dog agility comps on tv. Do she and the dog do the frisbee toss into the pool event also? Agree about the filming of the videos for this comp, but it was fun to watch skating again.