2021 Rostelecom Cup Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup Entries

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Nika Egazde of Georgia has been added!

Chtchetnina / Magyar have also been added.
Nika Egadze is a dream story how to do it. He was no where near the top in the SB list/Alternate list....until last week when he won Cup of Austria.
So, when you win a Challenger you get added to the Alternate List for the GPs and voilà - he got assigned to GP Rostelecom!

Country
Norway
I know right. My anxiety is through the roof. I cannot imagine what he is feeling.
So normally they can get the luggage later but one never know when/if it will happen. Hope costumer service are working their ass off to get it resolved. But anyways missing training because you don´t have your skates must suck. Is it impossible for the skaters to have the skates in hand baggage on the plane? It must be really stressful to miss the luggage. Also, they just don´t need the skates, but costumes for SP and FS and training gear! Ugg!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Regrettably, there are many tales of woe regarding skaters missing their skates and outfits due to problems with the flights. Hand luggage is impossible due to the sharpness of the blades, just like it isn't allowed to put a knife in the hand luggage. It must be so horrible. Poor Roman. I hope the stuff gets there as soon as possible.

Country
Norway
Regrettably, there are many tales of woe regarding skaters missing their skates and outfits due to problems with the flights. Hand luggage is impossible due to the sharpness of the blades, just like it isn't allowed to put a knife in the hand luggage. It must be so horrible. Poor Roman. I hope the stuff gets there as soon as possible.
Thank you, of course the blades would be a problem for hand luggage, I didn´t think of the sharpness of the blades. It could be a good thing though that it´s not only Romans luggage that is missing if it´s the case. If it´s the whole or part of the plane it probably means the luggage got left behind during transfer for example and they already located the luggage, and that it will come with the next plane or something. If it´s only one suitcase missing it could be worse to track it down, and take longer time to find it. I know people who never got the luggage back. All though it´s sad if affect the whole team, but hopefully they can still get it back quick.