2021 Rostelecom Cup: Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Gala

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lol--I saw this, clicked on that 'new' YT link, and unfortunately the stream didn't begin at the very start after all. Oh well. I thank those who have put up links for us to at least try to watch the Gala. Now that the YT stream is 'back' I'll stay there; it's a bit better for me than the CBC stream.

No, as I said in the post, the new stream had been on air for 15 minutes. When I talked about winding back, I meant to the start of the stream. Not the start of the Gala (because it isn't there).

CaroLiza_fan

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
No, as I said in the post, the new stream had been on air for 15 minutes. When I talked about winding back, I meant to the start of the stream. Not the start of the Gala (because it isn't there).

CaroLiza_fan
Oh--sorry. :slink:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What a lovely skate!

And this will be their first GPF?!

But they plan to continue! How exciting.

Well I'm out.

Enjoy the rest of the Gala guys!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Hereā€™s me thinking Iā€™ll watch that on my bed in the hotel on a big screen telly with a few beersā€¦ Had the bed and the beers, but had to watch it like at home - on my iPhone via VPN šŸ˜‚ The hotel has only one of the regular (boring) 1tv channels installed.

Canā€™t say which was my fave, but Keeping the old tradition of best 5 - 10 and in no particular order:
Akopova/Rakhmanin - yes, Iā€™m biased, but I love both their programmes this year.
Young skater from Sochi - the way he already interprets music and lyrics! Just wow!
P/K - skating blindfolded and the message theyā€™re sending is simply awesome.
Old times faves: DM/G with the boxer, and then the blue Aladdin - canā€™t fault that.
Mariah Bell - beautiful wholesome All-American girl, especially when skating to a Canadian singer! šŸ‘
Romansky was super class!!! He follows the tradition of great Canadian showmen!
Same goes for Kazuki. Heā€™s always a great gala act and I had the pleasure of seeing him live before.
Loved Matteo Rizzo as well, and Skoptsova/Aleshin!
Well, thank you, Sochi! Itā€™s been great! šŸ˜˜ :hap10:

Last edited:

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
What happened to the gala it's blocked in the UK. Says private video!! Rest of the competition was available. Bit late to the situation.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was glad I caught parts of the gala live in the morning, because it is no longer available on YouTube for me here (Canada)

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
This is a fan-film of the Women Medal awarding ... not very steady, but clear enough:

I can't help it, but I loved Liza's tail-wiggling and how she chosed to let her hair down, instead of the usual braids or ponytails :love2:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Managed to catch up on the rest of the Gala from the new stream link that was posted. It has the whole thing, but no commentary.

I caught up on Mark K and Zhenya S as well as others from the first half I missed.

A fun event! Although the lighting was very blue which was a bit of a issue for Mikhail - in a blue shirt and Moris the genie :laugh:

I enjoyed the end where all the skaters came out and did a fun element.

Now there's only one question left...how long does it take Moris to get that blue make-up off ;)