2021 Rostelecom Cup: Pairs Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Pairs Short Program

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Okay I think that's the highest twist I've ever seen them do, that was gorgeous! :love2:

Too bad about her jump error, but everything else was great! I think these two plus T/M and S/H are the Olympic podium barring disaster. We'll just have to wait and see who ends up where!

Sackie

Medalist
There has to be something going on with MTM2 that they are not sharing. Seems each time out they are getting worse and worse. Kirsten dropped Dylan cause she was looking towards the future and wanting to go for a few more Olympics. But the way they are skating this season she may not make it to the Olympics. I really thought with the time in between SC and here that they would be in top shape.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just realized who M/G remind me of...both Mishkutionok,the bun and certain folksy moves, and Kazakova, the lightness and happiness, and there is a hint of Dmitriev in Sasha as well. The choreography is similar too.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
easy to forget that Worlds 2021 could've looked very different - P/K beat M/G at nationals but weren't put on the world team
That's because the last spot was determined by Russia Cup finals (and to a lesser extent, the channel 1 cup thing). Semenenko's Worlds berth was earned in similar fashion, and he placed 11th at Nationals!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There has to be something going on with MTM2 that they are not sharing. Seems each time out they are getting worse and worse. Kirsten dropped Dylan cause she was looking towards the future and wanting to go for a few more Olympics. But the way they are skating this season she may not make it to the Olympics. I really thought with the time in between SC and here that they would be in top shape.
Time will tell if they recover some of thier previous form, but they're practically a lock for the Olympics barring injury or some unforeseen circumstance.

Canada has two spots, and other than J/R (who have also not met expectations) there simply isn't much of an option.

The third ranked Canadian pair has been terrible on the GP circuit.