2021 Santa Claus Cup | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Santa Claus Cup

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. I just looked at today's schedule and realised that the break we just had for the Podium Ceremonies was the dinner break. So, I am going to have to extend the resurfacing between Groups 2 and 3 of the Advanced Novice Free Dance to have my dinner.

Now, that was different. There was no podium as such. What they did was take the sofa away from the results area, and replaced it with 3 wooden cut out numbers.

Obviously, there was only one partnership in the Cubs competition, so they had the "podium" to themselves. But the Basic Novice ceremony was interesting. The winners were introduced first, then the silver medallists, and then the bronze medallists. nothing strange there. But then the 4th place finishers were introduced, and they stood in front of the "podium". And then the same for the 5th place finishers. And so on until the whole field was there!

Such a lovely way to recognise the achievements of everybody. But, I wonder how that is going to work for the Advanced Novices, where there are 16 partnerships. It's going to get very crowded!

Anyway, after it was finished everybody left except the winners, who stayed on for some photos. And when they were finished, the numbers were taken away and the sofa was carried back and put into place.

And now, it is near enough time to get going again.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now it is the turn of the Intermediate Novice FD and the start of the Advanced Novice FD. We have a group of 5 Intermediate Novice partnerships, followed by 2 groups of 5 Advanced Novice partnerships. Then a resurfacing before the final group of 5 Advanced Novice partnerships.

Livestream for the Intermediate Novice Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkhnwhKpgqs

No Time Schedules šŸ˜ž

And here is the live scoring:
Intermediate Novice FD - http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/NONISU/SEG087.HTM
Advanced Novice FD - http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/SEG065.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that is how you start a competition!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

A Bonnie Tyler medley - "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" followed by "Holding Out For A Hero"!!!

Thank you to the sole Hungarian partnership for entertaining us like that!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@elektra blue - When I heard the song that the Swiss Intermediate Novice partnership were skating to, I thought of you:

Ryan Vona - "Ginger Top"

I bet you agree with every word of the lyrics! ;) :biggrin:

Unfortunately, the stream froze 1m 7s into the programme, and didn't come back until they were getting their scores! :mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, when I told you when I would be leaving for my dinner, I forgot about the 1 hour time difference. It's actually now that I'll be leaving. But, I'll be back and playing catch-up on the Advanced Novices as soon as I can.

The Advanced Novice Free Dance starts now with 2 groups of 5 partnerships. Then we have a resurfacing, followed by the final group of 5 partnerships. They will then be immediately followed by the first group of Junior parnerships. But, I'll do a separate reminder post for them when the time comes.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Free Dance is now on air.

No Time Schedules šŸ˜ž

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/SEG065.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the Advanced Novices, we move straight onto the Juniors. A group of 3 partnerships, followed by a group of 4 partnerships. Then a resurfacing, followed by the final group of 4 partnerships. They will then be immediately followed by the first group of Senior parnerships. But, I'll do a separate reminder post for them when the time comes.

I'm still behind. But, I should be caught up in time for the second group.

Livestream for the Junior Free Dance is now on air.

No Time Schedules šŸ˜ž

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/SEG062.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know it's a while since they skated, but I just wanted to say I loved the Pink Floyd programme from Taneya NƜESCH / Maxim KOBELT (CHE). Instrumental versions of "Another Brick In The Wall" and "Money", although there was 1 line of vocals at the end of the former and about 4 lines of vocals at the start of the latter.

And now that their Swiss team-mates have got their scores (and taken the lead), I'm caught up. Just in time for the Group 2 Warm-Up starting.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
RĆ©ka, it's your brother you're skating with. Why have you gone to the bother of wearing a dress that's practically see-through?! :eek: It's not as if he is going to appreciate it! :laugh:

(It's not see-through. It just looks like it is).

They go into 2nd in the FS, and the lead overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Kathy1

On the Ice
It is too early in the holiday season for me to be able to handle this total desecration of Beethoven's music by the Trans-Siberian orchestra. Why must skaters choose to taint Beethoven with horrible vocals, voiceovers, and heavy metal instrumentation?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is a good start. Wrong music for the first partnership.

CaroLiza_fan

Kathy1

On the Ice
The team from Kazakhstan had some unique elements in their free dance, particularly the fact that it seemed to last for over nineteen minutes.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It is too early in the holiday season for me to be able to handle this total desecration of Beethoven's music by the Trans-Siberian orchestra. Why must skaters choose to taint Beethoven with horrible vocals, voiceovers, and heavy metal instrumentation?

Totally agree. I hated it too.

There are a few "remixed" versions of classical pieces that I do like. But, that was not one of them.

The team from Kazakhstan had some unique elements in their free dance, particularly the fact that it seemed to last for over nineteen minutes.

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now the battle for Azerbajian Dance crown

It would have been nice if all three partnerships had been going back-to-back, rather than having the Kazakh partnership split them. That would have really upped the drama! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan