2021 Santa Claus Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Santa Claus Cup

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Time schedules to be found here: https://skatesantaclauscup.hu/santa-claus-cup/competition/

Can't find live scoring for Junior and Senior Ice Dance... :(

This is one of these competitions that has two sets of Entries / Results Pages.

All the Advanced Novice, Junior and Senior categories are on this page:

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/index.htm

EDIT: Somebody has messed the pages up in the past hour or so! This is now showing a copy of the Non-ISU Entries / Results Page. It was coming up correctly when I made out the reminder post that included Advanced Novice PD2 earlier!​

And now that the Basic Novice and Intermediate Novice Dancers are finished their Pattern Dances, we will be on this page for the rest of the day.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think they might be trying to fix the Entries / Results page for the ISU competitions at the moment, because it is now coming up with a 404 error.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hope so. I never understand why competition hosts don't follow the ISU/Russian Entries/Results pattern. It couldn't be simpler...:bang:

It's fixed now.

The thing the drives me mad is when a single event has two sets of Entries / Results pages. Because it is so hard to keep track of what is happening when the day is split between two sets of pages and you are having to jump back and forth between them. Just look at today's Pattern Dances:

• 3 segments on the non-ISU page
  • then 1 segment on the ISU page
  • then 2 segments on the non-ISU page
  • then 1 segment on the ISU page

What I don't like about the pages that are used for the ISU's own events is the complicated addresses for the Time Schedule PDF's. Because if you didn't take down the address of the Time Schedule PDF in advance of it being replaced by the Protocols PDF, you can't go back and work out what the address was.

Plus, since they started using these complicated addresses, if you already have a Time Schedule PDF or Protocol PDF open, if you click to open another, it replaces the one you had open.

They need to go back to the nice simple addresses they used to have.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that the Pattern Dances are all over, we are well and truly onto the ISU Entries / Results Page for the rest of the day.

All the segments we have left today are split by resurfacings, and followed immediately by the next segment. So, I will go back to the normal pattern of doing the reminder posts at the start of the segment.

Livestream for the Junior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7VLT-DcivI

No Time Schedules 😞

And here is the live scoring:
http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/SEG061.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Kathy1

On the Ice
This event is not bringing joy and sunshine to my bitterly cold Monday. First, the German skater Karla Karl had a horrible, possibly concussive fall and, just moments ago, the Swiss team included the N word in their "Empire State of Mind" RD. I am traumatized.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cheers @CaroLiza_fan !

Time schedules, like I posted earlier, for all days and all comps can still be found here:
https://skatesantaclauscup.hu/santa-claus-cup/competition

Don't worry, I've had the PDF for today opened since before the skating started this morning. It's just a nuisance having to keep flicking between three windows, when for most events everything is accessible from a single page.

And it's a pity that we don't have Time Schedules for the specific segments. Apart from anything else, a couple of my kids are competing later in the week, and I like to post the time they are due to do their programmes in their Fan Fests. But, all I have for this event is the time that each group starts. Which, admittedly, is more than we get for some. But, not as much as we get for most.

We've got spoilt! 10 years ago, we'd have been happy just having the start time for the segment. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the withdrawals from the final group of the Junior Short Dance means that we have made up some of the time that we were behind. So, the Senior Free Dance is only running 7 minutes behind schedule now.

Please note that after the first group of 4 partnerships, we have a resurfacing before moving onto the final group of 5 partnerships (which is immediately followed by the first group of the Senior Ladies SP).

Livestream for the Senior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7VLT-DcivI

No Time Schedules 😞

And here is the live scoring:
http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2021_2022/15_SANTA/ISU/SEG066.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
Scotty!!!!
Change the schedule, let Skoptsova/Aleshin skate first - I've got hockey to watch! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No music in this place and scores take forever?

For the Pattern Dances this morning, during the Warm-Ups they would play the music that was coming up in the group. So, we got a preview of that French version of "Colonel Bogey" before it was skated to. But, they seem to have stopped that this afternoon.

Definitely, the scoring is VERY slow.

That said, I do remember one instance earlier when the skaters were still walking around to the results area when the scores were announced. And just as they were about to sit down, the director cut away to the next partnership who were getting introduced! :laugh:

But, that was the exception rather than the norm.

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
67.08 for Harris/Chan.

It is a good score for them but let's see if it is just a generally overscored event

Now the debut for Ritter/Brikalkova who trains in Montreal with Moir.

Andrea82

Medalist
Ritter/Brikalkova look slow. Low level all around. Missed all keypoints. Looks like an aborted lift at the end.
Won't get the minimum TES for Euros.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We have a battle of the Azeri teams in the Senior ID

Now the debut for Ritter/Brikalkova who trains in Montreal with Moir.

Thanks. I was trying to find out there if she was American or Canadian, and the search results were confusing me. But, sounds like Canadian, then. (The girl in the other Azeri partnership is American, by the way).

Samantha's dress is just gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Can't say the same about Daniel's costume, though! :laugh:

Not the best skate. But, they're a new partnership. It takes time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@LadyB - you need wait no longer!

Scotty and Al are on now. (Or, would you prefer that to be Scotty and Ale ;) )

CaroLiza_fan