2021 Skate America: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2021 Skate America is the first event of the 2021-22 Grand Prix series and is scheduled to take place Oct. 22-24, 2021, in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the Orleans Arena. The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of six international senior invitational events and culminates with the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December in Osaka, Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

skybrigade

Rinkside
Nope, just the handful they have blocked off for other sites (ie hotels . com, expedia). I tried to book outside of the spectator sport and they just redirected me to other nearby hotels. Gold Coast still had a handful left.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what time the competition will end on Sunday? I'm trying to figure out airline tickets. Thanks!
Given that the women's free skate, free dance, and the exhibition gala will all happen on Sunday, I'd say that a later flight would be better than an earlier one. A detailed schedule has not been released yet as far as I know.

Or you can do what I did and book a flight that leaves on Monday morning.😎

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, the schedule as shown on Ticketmaster as of now ETA: changes that I noticed on Sep 13:

Pairs Short Program & Men's Short Program
Fri • Oct 22, 2021 • 06:00 PM

Session #2 Rhythm Dance & "Ladies Short Program"
Sat • Oct 23, 2021 • 02:15 1:40 PM

Pairs Free Skate & Men's Free Skate
Sat • Oct 23, 2021 • 05:30 6:15 PM

Free Dance & "Ladies Free Skate"
Sun • Oct 24, 2021 • 11:00 AM

Skating Spectacular
Sun • Oct 24, 2021 • 06:30 PM

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if they are truly sticking with that policy that you can only carry a clear bag 12 x 12? No purses, tote bags, small backpacks, etc.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Does anyone know if they are truly sticking with that policy that you can only carry a clear bag 12 x 12? No purses, tote bags, small backpacks, etc.
It's the United States, where I'm pretty sure the clear bag policy is common in any sporting venue, so probably. I wouldn't risk carrying a non-clear bag only to have to find a place to put it if you can't bring it in

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just got back from a bike trip to Nevada for two weeks. I got an email about purchasing Fan Cutouts from USFS for SA. I am confused. Did the event get canceled for spectators? Or are they going to put the cutouts behind the K and C, etc???? Will research this after doing 1000 other catchup things. I will check my ticketmaster account.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This will be interesting, Arriba. We both have been to enough events that if they do stick to the policy there are going to be lots of fans who are not in the know who are going to be surprised. And angry. The good news is that most will be staying a few hundred yards away from their rooms. Gonna look for a man purse that belts on and is clear and I can put my hand sanitizer and masks in.

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got back from a bike trip to Nevada for two weeks. I got an email about purchasing Fan Cutouts from USFS for SA. I am confused. Did the event get canceled for spectators? Or are they going to put the cutouts behind the K and C, etc???? Will research this after doing 1000 other catchup things. I will check my ticketmaster account.
I also noticed that email and was worried a little at first, but according to the accompanying link, https://fs12.formsite.com/USFSAIT/i...DsOZ66Zs&utm_content=161792712&utm_source=hs_ there will be 80 cutouts in section 119. I don't believe that section has been opened up to spectators before, so I'm certain these cardboard cutouts are in addition to the in-person tickets for those who can't or don't want to go to Vegas.

Last edited:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also think they'll stick with this policy, even though you could bring any type of bag into Skate America 2019. Clear bag policies appear to be more and more common these days.

What I'm concerned with is the exact size of the clear bag. The Orleans website states 12x12x4 as an acceptable size, while most stadiums accept 12x12x6 bags. I'm hoping they won't notice an extra couple of inches of width, so I bought this bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07X6QRT2M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It has plenty of room for stuffed animals! 😉

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I also think they'll stick with this policy, even though you could bring any type of bag into Skate America 2019. Clear bag policies appear to be more and more common these days.

What I'm concerned with is the exact size of the clear bag. The Orleans website states 12x12x4 as an acceptable size, while most stadiums accept 12x12x6 bags. I'm hoping they won't notice an extra couple of inches of width, so I bought this bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07X6QRT2M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It has plenty of room for stuffed animals! 😉
I have this vision of someone there with a stapler shrinking down a 6 in bag to a 4 in!!!! :laugh2:

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What I'm concerned with is the exact size of the clear bag. The Orleans website states 12x12x4 as an acceptable size, while most stadiums accept 12x12x6 bags. I'm hoping they won't notice an extra couple of inches of width

The SA website has been updated and now states that 12x12x6 bags are allowed. That’s the standard size in most stadiums.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI last time I was there, I took something like a hotel shuttle. Little did I know that it would stop at 3 hotels AND A LIQUOR STORE before the Orleans. This time I am taking Uber....

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This will be interesting, Arriba. We both have been to enough events that if they do stick to the policy there are going to be lots of fans who are not in the know who are going to be surprised. And angry. The good news is that most will be staying a few hundred yards away from their rooms. Gonna look for a man purse that belts on and is clear and I can put my hand sanitizer and masks in.
I am anticipating a mess! Between that and the phone-only tickets, there may be quite a backup at the entry during the busy times. I need to purchase a clear bag, and I think I'll get the one yuumagical suggested. Thx yuumagical!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Glad you guys discussed it, because I will also have to add the bag to the list of things I need. Phone only entry also worries me. The Covid tests are still the worst though so far. I haven’t yet got plane tickets because I am so overwhelmed by all the stuff.