2021 Skate America: General Info | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: General Info

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Today's tip. 711 has much better selection than Walgreens. 711 is .4 miles away, but there is a liquor store just across the street from the Orleans to the west. Be careful walking in front of stores with driveways. Always look over your shoulder. Traffic is fast and furious.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I made it to Vegas safely, and my Southwest Airlines flight was actually early! Will be sure to check out the official practice sessions tomorrow, but I might need a nap right now.😴

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I made it to Vegas safely, and my Southwest Airlines flight was actually early! Will be sure to check out the official practice sessions tomorrow, but I might need a nap right now.😴
I think I heard SW came to an agreement with pilots???

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Chris, if you are able to attend practice, please don’t forget your friends from GS who really, really enjoy learning about who’s landing what, previously un-announced music choices, etc Thank you!! :)
😂 It's a little known fact that I know nothing about skating!

katymay

Medalist
Can anyone recommend how to find someone in need of Skate America tickets? My husband and I won't be able to attend due to a family emergency, and I'd be happy to transfer our 2 tickets for all sessions.
My daughter and her boyfriend want to go, not sure how to transfer tickets?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
I think I heard SW came to an agreement with pilots???
They were mostly back on track by Monday. Read an op-ed by a SW pilot that said it wasn't a strike, it was a perfect storm of localized weather event and ATC something in Jacksonville FL, combined with SW doesn't operate on a spoke-and-hub model (something like 40% of SW's planes pass through FL on a daily basis on a point by point model). He said pilots and flight crews were all stuck in FL and they couldn't get hotels, either.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They were mostly back on track by Monday. Read an op-ed by a SW pilot that said it wasn't a strike, it was a perfect storm of localized weather event and ATC something in Jacksonville FL, combined with SW doesn't operate on a spoke-and-hub model (something like 40% of SW's planes pass through FL on a daily basis on a point by point model). He said pilots and flight crews were all stuck in FL and they couldn't get hotels, either.
And did SW produce absentee figures for a normal and this period? The pilot's union is right. The company is running schedules way to tight. The FAA denies any major problems with ATC.

birdseye

Rinkside
Anyone know of a reasonable accommodation? My airbnb was cancelled last minute and I'm having trouble finding anything. Looks like there's a big event in Vegas this weekend sucking all the rooms out of circulation.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
And did SW produce absentee figures for a normal and this period? The pilot's union is right. The company is running schedules way to tight. The FAA denies any major problems with ATC.
Ouch. I talked with my airline Capt friend . Shuttling crews around now has become a quagmire if one airline uses another since many planes are loaded full. Yes, their is a jump seat in the cockpit the Capt may or may not let another pilot use. But basically airlineA has to buy a seat on airline B. If one is available. Stranded pax fight with crews for seats now. This is no way to run a railroad. Raise prices 10 percent, run the planes at 90 percent capacity with an option for standby pax. Chris for head of the FAA.