2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

katymay

Medalist
Intersting. Trusova has 3rd rating among participants. What her rating would be if refactored?
You mean including men? Because if she competed in the men's she would be able to do 2 quads in the short, so she would potentially be just below Nathan Chen. lol (And assuming that after a 24 hour flight she was able to land the 3A as well)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
And of course, no start orders.

Depending on the draw schedule, it's possible that U.S. Classic draws have not happened yet.
(AFAIK, the draw schedule was not available to the public?)

I know that you are waiting for U.S. Classic start orders ... meanwhile Novice/Junior Challenge Skate start orders have been published as of this afternoon. (Novice competition starts Thursday morning.)

I am cautiously optimistic that the start order for Thursday night's U.S. Classic Men SP will be available before too long. :popcorn:

ETA (on Sep 17):

For posterity, making note that Yura Min's Instastory (screenshot of text conversation with the helpful Logan Bye) showed that the RD draw was scheduled for 4:35 pm on Thursday with athletes participating via Zoom.
The second/final group of RD practice was scheduled to end at 4:20 pm on Thursday, per the color-coded schedule.​

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
Can anyone who is there today (or went to Cranberry) confirm if there is a bag policy and what the temperature is at the rink? I want to know if I can sneak in snacks and a book for ice resurfacing.

cl2

Final Flight
Can anyone who is there today (or went to Cranberry) confirm if there is a bag policy and what the temperature is at the rink? I want to know if I can sneak in snacks and a book for ice resurfacing.
I just called the Club office:
- No particular bag policy, but they don't allow anything thrown on ice.
- You can exit and re-enter on one ticket.
- Masks to be worn at all times except when skating.

In my experience, the Performance Center and West Rink are warm (by ice rinks standards). Skaters practice in tank tops, so you can use that to gauge how much to bundle up depending on your cold tolerance.

AlyonasAxel

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Btw if anyone wants to watch Sasha today with all her quads at US International Classic there I found an Instagram account that streams it for free, @f.u.n.sector go to their bio just before the competition and it should be there :)

Andrea82

Medalist
Why was this not classified as a Challenger event this season? Lack of participation?

Right from the beginning of this season, it wasn't included in the list of Challenger Series 2021/22 announced in April 2021.
Either they didn't bid for it or ISU preferred other events (the rule only says at least 1 needs to be in US or Canada).

So the field was somehow dependent on the fact that at the time entry procedures opened, it was already know that it was only an "other international competition" category event with scores not counting towards Season Best lists and "Other International competition" World Standing points awarded.

Actually, the number of entries would have been acceptable for a Challenger (it is 8 entries from 4 ISU Members for Single and 6 entries from 4 ISU Members for Dance).

Last edited: