2021 Worlds: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 104 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Ladies' Free Skate

Novalis

Record Breaker
I'm kind of disappointed that the world champion Anna Shcherbakova didn't have success any triple axel and any quad for to be first. To me that's not what I call a champion, it call Eteri Bonus with triple and double axel. It's frustrating.

To me, the real world champion should have be Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. She did success 3 triple axel !!! And, did two difficult and great program.

And, Alexandra Trusova should have be second and Anna third.

But, I guess Eteri Bonus corrupted the sport with ISU : which favors Eteri skaters no matter how they perform ...
There can be no talk of Eteri bonus, but I sort of see a Russia bonus though.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
I am also not agreeing with PCS for Liza and other Russian ladies, and also I think that Kaori and Karen should have been got higher PCS. However, I am so happy for Liza. I have been watching her back in 2015, and I am so grateful to see her on the podium. Seeing her in the K&C, my god I hardly engaged myself not to cry.
Love you Liza <3

I cried like a baby.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yep, hopefully Alysa will figure out her growth spurt and go. Or Amber. I know the USFS likes to push cute and perky Bell, but she's on the way out. Do you have to medal at Nebelhorn to get an extra spot?
I wonder too. My guess is that there will be a certain amount of spots to compete for. Used to be 6 spots but probably more now.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What a Sh*tshow this medal ceremony xD
The masks, giving the medals to themselves, the stupid "FSR" music, flag falling down..
What a year what an event. I may be behind the times, but can someone remind me why the skaters are representing "FSR" instead of Russia? and the anthem? Is this another penalty?

colormyworld240

Medalist
She had nice positions ( except her feet) but her spins aren't usually fast or centered. I don't think the spins here are a big surprise

Anna's spins before she got sick were quite centred and fast, there was a huge improvement this year (she already improved her spins from juniors last season, they used to travel like crazy each time). I also think her spins in the SP here were well done, back to what I'd expect from her pre-pneumonia.

But, it looks like the stamina issues post illness are affecting her spins the most. She looks more tired coming out of the spins than the jumps. Hopefully she can go back to how they were before she got sick as she builds her strength in the offseason.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Interesting reading on the protocols.

Hendrickx, Mikutina & van Zundert did not receive a single negative GOE.

Ryabova & Taljegard received a single -1.

Sadly the top ladies had a few more negatives. I’m still shocked how underwhelming the final group was but still extremely happy for Liza.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Yep, hopefully Alysa will figure out her growth spurt and go. Or Amber. I know the USFS likes to push cute and perky Bell, but she's on the way out. Do you have to medal at Nebelhorn to get an extra spot?
There will be either 6 or 9 spots to get at Nebelhorn (depending on how you interpret the rules) so top 6 (or 9) finishers there get the spot. Unrelated to if they fight for a 3rd spot or just 1

Snowshower

Spectator
Country
Russia
I'm kind of disappointed that the world champion Anna Shcherbakova didn't have success any triple axel and any quad for to be first. To me that's not what I call a champion, it call Eteri Bonus with triple and double axel. It's frustrating.

To me, the real world champion should have be Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. She did success 3 triple axel !!! And, did two difficult and great program.

And, Alexandra Trusova should have be second and Anna third.

But, I guess Eteri Bonus corrupted the sport with ISU : which favors Eteri skaters no matter how they perform ...
you are wrong

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
And you forgot Josefin Taljegård, who gave it all with a very weak tech content, but delivered. I would never have thought she would qualify for the long, or keep on to 15th place! :)
Yes Im so surprised by how well she did but also delighted. I tought just making the free would be an amazing achivement a 15th place is nothing short of a miracle considering how swedish ladies have looked the last couple of seasons.

eterialskating

On the Ice
🤣 I love it. Just the result that I wanted. Her competition wasn't there today but who cares, Anna held it together in the end. I see many are trying to find something positive in Anna not landing her quad and already predicting she won't land another quad and won't qualify for Olympics🤭. The bitter pill is so hard to swallow. After predicting every Jane and Jill bar Anna herself to win gold, I'm sure they'll be right this time too.