2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are Bashynska/Beaumont staying in juniors?
They announced a while ago that they're doing their final junior season.

And based on both Wolfkostin & Chen and the Browns moving up and D'Alessandro & Waddell splitting/retiring, I'd say they enter the season as the early favourites for the World Junior title, though that's obviously a very provisional designation.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nine dance teams on the national team this year, that's going to be one crowded group photo.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Only peripherally related to skating. The last few Skate Canada events (Nationals, GPF, Skate Canada) to be held in Vancouver were in the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Arena on the UBC campus. The arena was named after Doug Mitchell, who has just died. Doug Mitchell

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
I watched the NexGen junior free dance last night. Lots of good skating, some shaky beginnings for some teams but lots of promise. But I was so impressed with Nadiia Bashynska and Peter Beaumont. Beautiful music (first part was from the Red Violin I think) and wonderful skating that drew me in to their performance. To my uneducated eyes a big improvement from last year. Looking forward to watching them this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I watched the NexGen junior free dance last night. Lots of good skating, some shaky beginnings for some teams but lots of promise. But I was so impressed with Nadiia Bashynska and Peter Beaumont. Beautiful music (first part was from the Red Violin I think) and wonderful skating that drew me in to their performance. To my uneducated eyes a big improvement from last year. Looking forward to watching them this season.
i agree... very promising... great vehicle for them. I love the Red Violin music and the music cuts are not badly done at all.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Very good GOGO!!!! THe jumps are so much better in this than everything we have seen since before the growth ... impressive. He is growing as well in terms of his presentation : getting his own distinctive style (well... we can see some clear influences but still).

Bravo... Other men in Canada will have to bring it

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not every tall skater is a good prospect for pairs :coffee:

Nic always had a strong upper body... I wouldn't put Conrad or Gogo in the pairs skater material category.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Besides Nic, if we had to pick one of our recent tall guys, I would have liked to see Jo Phan in pairs or dance, because of his excellent skating skills... but yeah.. that's a lost cause with his recurring knee injury... :( I will miss Jo so much this year.

sissyfritz

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
Pairs situation in Canada is ... challenging right now. Really hope that Trent can find a new partner asap, 'cause I always thought he was great.

Hopefully someone will take advantage of this chaos and step up to shine! Maybe Matte/Ferland or McIntosh/Mimar? Canadians, are there any diamonds-in-the-rough that I should keep an eye on for the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.