2022-2023 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022-2023 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
They are playing their cards close to the vest. If I were a betting woman, I would not bet on their return to competitive ice. But I don't bet. :biggrin:
I could see Vincent trying again, if only to have another chance to try for an individual Olympic medal, but I'm not a betting woman, either. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could see Vincent trying again, if only to have another chance to try for an individual Olympic medal, but I'm not a betting woman, either. :)
Depending on how much he is or isn’t training, coming back isn’t a trivial matter. While I was trying to figure out if he had retired I read the SCOB is “only” 1 hour from his college - don’t know if that’s in traffic- then however long he would train - then back to school. It can be done - Bradie said it was the hardest thing she’d ever done. I’m so glad I got to see these 2 great skaters live all the times I did!

beachmouse

On the Ice
He retired. I guess he could unretire.

USADA reports one anti-doping test for both Vincent and Nathan in 2023. So they’re both keeping their options open at this point. (There’s a petty lengthy anti-doping ‘penalty box’ if you officially retire and then un-retire.)

For the curious-

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USADA reports one anti-doping test for both Vincent and Nathan in 2023. So they’re both keeping their options open at this point. (There’s a petty lengthy anti-doping ‘penalty box’ if you officially retire and then un-retire.)

For the curious-

Wow, who even knew this was available, thanks for the link. Jason had two anti doping tests recorded so far, so maybe returning to competition inspired another one. ;)

beachmouse

On the Ice
Wow, who even knew this was available, thanks for the link. Jason had two anti doping tests recorded so far, so maybe returning to competition inspired another one. ;)

It’s a useful place for US journalists who cover Olympic sports to check from time to time because it can indicate interesting things- Michael Phelps’ comeback got picked up early on because he was showing up on the anti-doping testing list again.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It’s a useful place for US journalists who cover Olympic sports to check from time to time because it can indicate interesting things- Michael Phelps’ comeback got picked up early on because he was showing up on the anti-doping testing list again.
Yeah, I know that Simone Biles has still been getting drug-tested since the Tokyo Games. I'm not convinced she'll come back, but she's another athlete, like Nathan and Vincent, who is keeping her options open.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I know that Simone Biles has still been getting drug-tested since the Tokyo Games. I'm not convinced she'll come back, but she's another athlete, like Nathan and Vincent, who is keeping her options open.
She is in the gym training per Alicia Sacramone.

Weathergal

Medalist

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene said in an interview that Yaro's new SP will be to "Kiss" by Prince.

He said this about working with Yaro:

[Working with Paniot] was cool because Todd [Eldredge, Paniot’s coach] came to watch for the first time and he was like, ‘Wow, I didn't know Yaro could skate and move like that, but now I do.’ And I said, ‘He’s capable of a lot. It’s because of demand and what I expect out of them.’ So Todd will expect that from Yaro now, and I'm really glad he came to watch. He knows what it should look like and how to maintain it now.

Todd really respects what I do. You know, we competed against each other, so there's a different level of respect. And it was really cool to have him there and witness it and say, ‘Oh, my God, this is amazing. [Yaro] looks different than he's ever looked.’

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene said in an interview that Yaro's new SP will be to "Kiss" by Prince.

He said this about working with Yaro:

[Working with Paniot] was cool because Todd [Eldredge, Paniot’s coach] came to watch for the first time and he was like, ‘Wow, I didn't know Yaro could skate and move like that, but now I do.’ And I said, ‘He’s capable of a lot. It’s because of demand and what I expect out of them.’ So Todd will expect that from Yaro now, and I'm really glad he came to watch. He knows what it should look like and how to maintain it now.

Todd really respects what I do. You know, we competed against each other, so there's a different level of respect. And it was really cool to have him there and witness it and say, ‘Oh, my God, this is amazing. [Yaro] looks different than he's ever looked.’

I mean I love a good Prince program but better watch it live because Prince’s estate will take down reruns of entire comps.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It appears Jason Brown will be returning for another "I did it my way" season next year. :clap:

(H/T to @YukiNieve for the translation from a Japanese article ( https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/jason-brown.41239/page-988#post-3132351)

Last season, he returned to Toronto to train several times, spending two weeks each time, including before the US Nationals.

"I did it this way on a trial basis this season and my coaches told me it was a success." I will not be able to compete for a full season, but will probably continue to do shows and compete at the same pace next season as I did this season. Maybe I will compete in a Senior B (CS-level) competition before the US Nationals to get ready, but I will discuss that with my coaches as well."

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Besides wanting to see Jason stay for another season or so it gives the other US Men time to finally get it together so Ilia doesn't have to carry them all the way to 2026. Hopefully someone like Lucas B will rise and be a solid 2nd to go along with Ilia and whoever else becomes the 3rd guy.