2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think this is an excellent move for Bradie. I've never been much of a fan of her programs but always saw the raw talent there. I'm hoping this fresh start also brings more of a connection with the audience in her choreography.. I hope Bradie can stay healthy and that she enjoys this new chapter in her life. I look forward to seeing her on the GP circuit.

theblade

On the Ice
I saw the recent documentary on Tina Turner. It showed how she found love with Erwin Bach and moved to Europe after becoming a music superstar twice-over, in different decades. Her life bloomed in Europe and she seems very happy.

This is what I thought about when I heard Bradie's news. Wishing her the best and hope that she flourishes in her new situation as well.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I saw the recent documentary on Tina Turner. It showed how she found love with Erwin Bach and moved to Europe after becoming a music superstar twice-over, in different decades. Her life bloomed in Europe and she seems very happy.

This is what I thought about when I heard Bradie's news. Wishing her the best and hope that she flourishes in her new situation as well.
Ah, so Bradie too has found love, in addition to changing coaches? Good for her!!! 💖

Country
Norway
Eva-Lotta Kiibus (EST) changes coaches from Anna Levandi to Thomas Kennes and moves to the Netherlands. Source.

Anyone know anything about the coach? I'm intrigued.

That is a very interesting move. I remember Kennes as a skater and he wasn´t really the best jumper to be honest, but maybe he is better then a coach than as a skater or have other strengths than jumps. Also I think he has some students already, but I don´t remember who. Maybe Van Zundert? She had a good season with very good jumps. If Kiibus feels it´s the right move, there is probably something into it. Exciting to see!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thomas is a former figure skating competitor, and indeed Van Zundert also trains with him sometimes (he was with her at her disastrous Europeans and was a real support to her there). He used to be the assistant coach of Karine Herrijgers, Van Zundert's official coach who at Europeans had tested positive. I did not know he now feels confident enough to no longer be an assistant coach but a true coach. Good for him and good luck to Eva-Lotta.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I just made an interesting discovery. Checking the domestic events in Norway, I suddenly noticed that there is a new person competing in senior men in November.

The skater is named Jan William Eraker and until 2021 he competed as a junior skater for US, last competition at the US Champion series in Spokane. He is listed for one of the skating clubs in Oslo now. I´m guessing he is probably switching countries to Norway or doing a try out. He doens´t seem to have triples yet but very solid doubles so i´m sure he is working on triples. His first name and surname sounds Norwegian, i´m guessing he might have a double citizenship. Checking his recent score he had as a junior he is at the same level as our current junior skaters. Since the mens field in Norway isn´t very deep this seems very smart, he might have better chances to skate internationally. I´m very excited about this. I hope his technical layout is enough to make Euros in the future. Hopefully if he skates well in the domestic events he will get a chance to skate at senior B events this season for TES minimum :pray:

Edit: He calls himself the jwskaterviking so the relation to Norway seems clear :LOL:

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hmm hmmm I feel she just changed coaches but maybe it´s been a while :scratch2::scratch2: Also has she been couched by Huth before or do I have false memories?
No, I don't think she was coached by Huth before, if this is correct her former coaches are:
Gheorghe Chiper
Zoltán Kelemen
Stéphane Lambiel
Igor Krokavec
Craig Maurizi
Gilberto Viadana
Michela Boschetto

Country
Norway
No, I don't think she was coached by Huth before, if this is correct her former coaches are:
Gheorghe Chiper
Zoltán Kelemen
Stéphane Lambiel
Igor Krokavec
Craig Maurizi
Gilberto Viadana
Michela Boschetto
I don't think she's been with Huth before. She trained with Lambiel before Chiper, and before that she had her training base somewhere in the US, iirc.
Oh right, I was probably thinking about Lambiel. I don´t know why, because he and Mr. Huth aren´t very similar :scratch2: Maybe because they are from Switzerland and Germany.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Implied in this IG post (and maybe reported before) is that former US singles skater Ben Jalovick and Swiss pairs skater Pauline Irman will represent Switzerland in pairs: (by the hashtags)

Also very interesting: Danny O'Shea is listed as a coach at the WASA Account bio.

Weathergal

Medalist
Implied in this IG post (and maybe reported before) is that former US singles skater Ben Jalovick and Swiss pairs skater Pauline Irman will represent Switzerland in pairs: (by the hashtags)

Also very interesting: Danny O'Shea is listed as a coach at the WASA Account bio.

I forgot about him switching. I enjoyed his skating - and admired his persistance - at US Nats in Men's. I wish them both a lot of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.