2022-23 GPF Senior Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022-23 GPF Senior Women's Short Program

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
do you know that's a small village near Palermo? :biggrin: maybe it also exists as a name, but i think they took inspiration from that for the movie. the little village in the movie exists too,but its name is Savoca
Yes! Oh my gosh, I can almost hear the theme music playing!!! That and "Leave the gun, take the cannoli", which is definitely something I would say! :rofl: Sorry for the :ot:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Yes! Oh my gosh, I can almost hear the theme music playing!!! That and "Leave the gun, take the cannoli", which is definitely something I would say! :rofl: Sorry for the :ot:
:biggrin:

200w.webp

rain

Record Breaker
Sad for Yelim Kim with the fluke on the double axel, on a day when everyone else skated so well. I still think she has by far the best SP this season for the women. The choreography, the music, the expression - everything is stunning. I'll watch this for years to come.

rain

Record Breaker
Loena got rightfully called on both 3Lz and 3T (q), but Rinka and Mai didn't get called. Rinka's 3Lz was q, her 3T was <, Mai's 3F was < and her 3T was q. Kaori's 3Lz was !

i don't think rinka, with that clean ass 3axel and polished presentation deserves to be 4th here. or rather, i don't think 3 girls deserve to be ahead of her

I thought all of the back half of Rinka's, Leona's and Mai's combos were under. Mai's and Rinka's definitely enough to be called as such. I thought Rinka's 3A, while suspect, on replay looked just rotated enough to get benefit of the doubt. I would have scored Leona ahead of Mai, since I find Mai boring, lovely as her emotion and story off the ice is.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was tired yesterday and went to bed quite early deciding to watch women SP when I wake up this morning. Done. I woke up feeling like I have flu, so that's why I was so tired yesterday. But these young women saved my morning. Just one popped axel. otherwise no mistakes. Yes, even I could see some clear carrots which were not called, but as scores are so close, I don't care. I like everybody and don't have real favourite. So my only wish is let the best skaters medal. I haven't written much to fan fests, there are just too many.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Loena is so good that I don't care about the music or the fluo dress!
And what a spinner!

Meanwhile I liked both her music and her dress. Give me more of that and less ice princesses skating in pastel dresses to snoozefests!

mhu714

On the Ice
I haven't posted here for quite a while but thought it was time. I just watched a replay of the Ladies SP and while all the ladies were beautiful I did not understand how Isabel was so lowly ranked. From the replays it was clear her 3/3 was fully rotated and a few of the other skater's were clearly not, particularly Mihara and Watanabe. Johnny and Tara commented on this but had no theories as to why. In fact I thought Levito was undermarked for the 2nd score as well. Was this bec she's only 15? You could tell just from watching that her skating skills were as good as the others, except perhaps for Loena who, to me was much the best. Any thoughts on this (sorry if it's already been commented on, I haven't read all the posts

Reactions: ana

withwings

On the Ice
... my post is not going to contribute anything here nor it will be as to say about this particular competition. I enjoy Loena's skating a lot, the same all the other women competitors. All together they truly are a complete buqete of different and fascinating flowers. What I am wondering is how much the way Loena skates- and her whole packaging in general- actually is coming from her, from the deeply inside of her. Sometimes it seems to me me that she brings to the ice only the idea/product of her team how they think she has to look... Anyway, I adore her determination and love of skating ( and silently wish her to be on the world podium).

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... my post is not going to contribute anything here nor it will be as to say about this particular competition. I enjoy Loena's skating a lot, the same all the other women competitors. All together they truly are a complete buqete of different and fascinating flowers. What I am wondering is how much the way Loena skates- and her whole packaging in general- actually is coming from her, from the deeply inside of her. Sometimes it seems to me me that she brings to the ice only the idea/product of her team how they think she has to look... Anyway, I adore her determination and love of skating ( and silently wish her to be on the world podium).
I feel the same and have been questioning her packaging. I wonder if they maybe need to shake things up a bit. When I look at who her choreographers are (mostly Adam Solya? Sandy Suy?), it makes me wonder if she could branch out a bit and try others. I don't have anyone specific in mind, but there are so many out there who (I'm sure) could bring out even more of her positive qualities. Her team is young and inexperienced, and maybe some outside help would be a good thing. The determination and perseverance definitely are there.

withwings

On the Ice
You formulated precisely what I was (clumsy!)trying to say...:). Thank you. Yes, I ( dare to) think it is time for her to go to some other other choreographer who can bring out her positive qualities.

mhu714

On the Ice
I feel the same and have been questioning her packaging. I wonder if they maybe need to shake things up a bit. When I look at who her choreographers are (mostly Adam Solya? Sandy Suy?), it makes me wonder if she could branch out a bit and try others. I don't have anyone specific in mind, but there are so many out there who (I'm sure) could bring out even more of her positive qualities. Her team is young and inexperienced, and maybe some outside help would be a good thing. The determination and perseverance definitely are there.
I'm not sure if that's true or not but I know that, to me, Loena has the most beautiful look of anyone out there right now. Her style and look on the ice are mesmerizing. I also think that Isabeau has a gorgeous look and line on the ice and that she finishes her moves as well as anyone, including Loena, all of the Japanese skaters, anyone. I'd love to see someone put all the short programs side by side and deny that. Again, maybe it's bec she's younger and hasn't "paid her dues" as far as the judges go but she was royally hosed in GOE and Performance scores