2022-23 ISU Grand Prix Final: Info and Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2022-23 ISU Grand Prix Final: Info and Pre-game Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022-23 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final is currently scheduled to take place Dec. 8-11, 2022, in Torino, Italy, at the Palavela arena. It will be held with the approval and the assistance of the International Skating Union, organized under the responsibility of the Italian Skating Federation. The event is the culmination of the 2022-23 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series in which the top skaters/teams have qualified based on the scores from the individual Grand Prix events they competed in.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Is there a date by which they have to announce the composition for each event and locations for the two events?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Is there a date by which they have to announce the composition for each event and locations for the two events?
I've been hearing that Rostelecom is now being hosted in Espoo, Finland, and assignments will be released June 30, so by July we should know.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Is it for juniors as well? And, this is just like Christmas.
Junior entry lists get released about a month before each individual JGP like any other skating event, so the only way to know who's going ahead of time is if feds release their entry lists.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
While the ticket prices are kind of high, they are lower than 2019. I have the same seat I had in 2019--was 584 Euros in 2019 and 450 Euros this year. Also. this year they've added a senior discount.

Last edited:

Amphytrite

Spectator
I know this is a little vague and will involve guesswork, but could someone estimate what times each event will finish for the final? https://gpfinal22.org/schedule/
Unfortunately my morning flight for the Thursday was moved to the afternoon, I want to know if I should bother trying to get a taxi to shoot over or just write off the Thursday :( Our flight lands in at 5pm now so I know it'll be a bit tight...

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I know this is a little vague and will involve guesswork, but could someone estimate what times each event will finish for the final? https://gpfinal22.org/schedule/
Unfortunately my morning flight for the Thursday was moved to the afternoon, I want to know if I should bother trying to get a taxi to shoot over or just write off the Thursday :( Our flight lands in at 5pm now so I know it'll be a bit tight...

Each event should last around one hour so it depends on the length of the opening ceremony :unsure: but I think you can be there on time for the men's event and with a bit of luck you could watch also the pairs! Unfortunately the Palavela doesn't offer any luggage lockers so you will have to stop at your hotel, but if your accommodation is near the metro you won't have any problem getting there since Italia '61 metro station is just a couple of minutes walking from the venue!

Last edited:

Amphytrite

Spectator
Each event should last around one hour so it depends on the length of the opening ceremony :unsure: but I think you can be there on time for the men's event and with a bit of luck you could watch also the pairs! Unfortunately the Palavela doesn't offer any luggage lockers so you will have to stop at your hotel, but if your accommodation is near the metro you won't have any problem getting there since Italia '61 metro station is just a couple of minutes walking from the venue!
Thank you so much! Luckily our accomodation is just a 15 minute walk from Palavela, so hopefully if we get a taxi to drop our things and run we might still get to see the later events haha. I was hoping each event would be about an hour - so perhaps finishing around 9pm, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Giu

farornaskonung

Rinkside
Hi! I hope that someone who has already bought tickets (or just understand how to do it correctly) will be able to help me😇 When registering on Vivaticket, it says that I should fill in my passport/driver's license/ID card number. For Italians, it is their fiscal code, which I guess corresponds to my Swedish personal identification number. Therefore, I first assumed that since this number is the only common for all three types of cards, perhaps that's what they are referring to. But I guess it could as well be the actual passport number that you use for flights etc.
I feel very stupid but I don't want to do it the wrong way :biggrin: Would be a bummer to not be allowed in to the arena (not least because the tickets are 💸💸). So does anyone know what is correct to do? :giggle:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi! I hope that someone who has already bought tickets (or just understand how to do it correctly) will be able to help me😇 When registering on Vivaticket, it says that I should fill in my passport/driver's license/ID card number. For Italians, it is their fiscal code, which I guess corresponds to my Swedish personal identification number. Therefore, I first assumed that since this number is the only common for all three types of cards, perhaps that's what they are referring to. But I guess it could as well be the actual passport number that you use for flights etc.
I feel very stupid but I don't want to do it the wrong way :biggrin: Would be a bummer to not be allowed in to the arena (not least because the tickets are 💸💸). So does anyone know what is correct to do? :giggle:
Have you tried contacting Vivaticket for clarification?

farornaskonung

Rinkside
Good point 😊 I contacted them the same day I wrote here, but the reason I posted here anyway was because it said it would take 6 working days (or more, IIRC) for response, and I did not get any email that they had received my question. And I got a bit stressed thinking about that tickets might become more and more popular with every GP competition 😅
But I guess I'll remain patient a few days more, and if no answer by then I'll just use my passport number since that's how specific the website is😁
Have you tried contacting Vivaticket for clarification?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good point 😊 I contacted them the same day I wrote here, but the reason I posted here anyway was because it said it would take 6 working days (or more, IIRC) for response, and I did not get any email that they had received my question. And I got a bit stressed thinking about that tickets might become more and more popular with every GP competition 😅
But I guess I'll remain patient a few days more, and if no answer by then I'll just use my passport number since that's how specific the website is😁

When I go to the Official site (link in OP), there is a ticket tab at the top? Did you try that?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok that's the only place I know of at the moment regarding tickets?

farornaskonung

Rinkside
Ok that's the only place I know of at the moment regarding tickets?
Oh! I didn't get notification of your response. Thanks for the tips and suggestions 😊 in the end I never received any answer from Vivaticket but took a leap of faith and went with the passport number. When I read further on the website it made me feel most confident about that option😊