Nao Kida & Masaya Morita - National Trainees B
Kaho Yamashita & Yuto Nagata
Midori Fujiki & Seiya Shimokawa
Haruhi Komatsu & Esuke Kumano

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Wow, I didn't know Rikako and Eichu Oliver were training at IAM! I wonder how they can afford it without JSF funding. But anyway, I'm glad they are continuing. Also interested to learn that Rikako used to be Aru Tateno's partner.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
After her split with Shingo Nishiyama, Ayumi Takanami is looking for a new partner. In an interview published on 4years.asahi she conveyed her thoughts on ice dance and balancing training with studies:

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I've never heard of them before but I'M SO EXCITED WE HAVE THREE PAIRS TEAMS AND SEVERAL PROMISING NEW DANCE TEAMS (and a team at IAM probably won't split randomly? probably?) anyway I'm hoping that this new team can push Nao and Masaya in the coming years and help strengthen JP ice dance (and remove some of the burden from Dai lol)

mikeko666

Final Flight
New (junior?) ice dance team:

Atsuhiko competed in juniors and won the silver medal at Japanese junior nationals twice with Ayano Sasaki in 2020/21 and in 2021/22:

Does anyone have any info on Sara?

Atsuhiko and Ayano split after Jr. Nats last November because she was going to age out this year. She has been listed in Ice Partner Search.

Apparently Sara skated with Shinnosuke Nanajima as a novice team at a local competition last December. (They did not have a judge panel for ice dance.) That is all I could find.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Performances from Dreams On Ice, Day 2 (matinee show) aired on TBS channel 2
(Not sure if video has already been uploaded to yt)

Yunoki/Ichihashi SP (Black Car; Leon Else) 3Tw!!! Kinda scary catch and probably only Level 1 but still...
Komatsubara/Komatsubara (Koleto) RD (Shakira Medley)

Videos default to 360p, however are viewable in higher quality by adjusting in settings (gear icon)

mikeko666

Final Flight
Performances from Dreams On Ice, Day 2 (matinee show) aired on TBS channel 2
(Not sure if video has already been uploaded to yt)

Yunoki/Ichihashi SP (Black Car; Leon Else) 3Tw!!! Kinda scary catch and probably only Level 1 but still...
Komatsubara/Komatsubara (Koleto) RD (Shakira Medley)

Videos default to 360p, however are viewable in higher quality by adjusting in settings (gear icon)
Thank you for the video. Miyu had a surgery on her right ankle early this year and that's why Yunoki/Icihhashi had no jumping elements, but they have been making progress with the other elements, especially twist and lifts.

The time schedule of Kinoshita Trophy (August 5-7) has been published. Although there will be competitions for single skateres only, the time schedule has junior pair and ice dance in the end. Kida/Morita (dance) might perform this season's program, and Murakami/Moriguchi (pair) might make a debut. Murakami/Moriguchi has been training with Bruno Marcotte in Oakville this summer.

mikeko666

Final Flight
1st round of JGP assignments (Jr. ice dance & pair)

(Source in Japanese)

JGP 2 Czech Skate
Ice dance - Kida & Morita
Pair - Murakami & Moriguchi

JGP 5 Grenoble -
Ice dance - Kida & Morita

Good to see that one pair team will be sent.
JSF is allowed to send at least a couple of more teams in ice dance. I hope JSF will send Yamashita & Nagata.

Senior GPS entries

Skate America
Ice dance: Muramoto & Takahashi

Skate Canada
Pairs: Miura & Kihara
Ice dance: Komatsubara & Koleto

NHK Trophy
Ice dance: Muramoto & Takahashi, TBD

I'm sure the TBD at NHK trophy will be Komatsubara & Koleto, but have no idea why JSF doesn't announce now.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
JSF is allowed to send at least a couple of more teams in ice dance. I hope JSF will send Yamashita & Nagata.

Senior GPS entries

Skate America
Ice dance: Muramoto & Takahashi

Skate Canada
Ice dance: Komatsubara & Koleto

NHK Trophy
Ice dance: Muramoto & Takahashi, TBD

I'm sure the TBD at NHK trophy will be Komatsubara & Koleto, but have no idea why JSF doesn't announce now.

Are there any young dancers that could come close to KoKo right now? Does Shingo have a new partner yet? He's very promising.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Are there any young dancers that could come close to KoKo right now? Does Shingo have a new partner yet? He's very promising.
I'm not sure if Rikako Fukase & Eichu Oliver Cho (Oliver Zhang) are still skating together. I can't tell from their Instagram. Their last competition was last year's Quebec Summer Championships. They had no international assignment last year, and couldn't compete at Nationals because foreigners were not allowed to enter Japan last December due to COVID restriction. JSF didn't send them to 4CC either because they didn't compete at Nationals.

Shingo hasn't found a new partner yet. He had to come back to Japan because it became financially difficult for him to stay in Canada. (Russia's war on Ukraine affected his father's job.) While living with his family in Japan costs less than living alone in Canada, ice dance training in Japan costs much more than in Canada because ice time is much more expensive in Tokyo. I'm surprised to know JSF didn't support him and Ayumi to staying Canada considering his exceptional talent.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Nao Kida and Masaya Morita did really well at Junior Worlds for their age and nationality. They're coached by Cathy Reed.

Status
Not open for further replies.