Kazuki Tomono (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Kao Miura (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Tatsuya Tsuboi (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
A
Shun Sato (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Sena Miyake (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Sota Yamamoto (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Nozomu Yoshioka (ISU, JSF)
Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Koshiro Shimada (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
B
Kosho Oshima (ISU, JSF)
Shunsuke Nakamura (ISU, JSF)
Takeru Amine Kataise (ISU, JSF)
Ryoga Morimoto (ISU, JSF)
Ryusei Kikuchi (ISU, JSF)
Rio Nakata (ISU, JSF)
Tsudoi Suto (ISU, JSF)
Haru Kakiuchi (ISU, JSF)

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
@figureskatingandrainbows Thanks for the new thread!

Seems like candidates may have already been notified about the JGP selection event?

Statement by Ryusei Kikuchi (2nd frame) posted to his and his sister's joint instagram account (mainly handled by her)
link

He says his shoulder surgery was successful and he has finally recovered to the point where he can jump again
He then mentions that the selection event (JGP) will be held at the end of June and that he would like to perform his best and be selected for a JGP assignment
He closes by saying he'll do his best to get good results with his new "one of a kind" (or maybe just the first ever?) "舞" black model YS blades

Also included are clips of him practicing some jumps (3FEu3S, 3Lz3T, 3A)

I have a soft spot for Ryusei but also genuinely think he has the talent and potential to eventually challenge the top Japanese men
After a couple of extremely rough seasons I'm relieved to see his jumps finally returning to form (not quite there yet but much better)
Hope he's able stay healthy, injury free and continues to improve
Looking forward to Komaba-sensei's music choices and choreo for Ryusei's new programs

BTW, how are you all able to embed media from non-approved sites? What am I missing?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BTW, how are you all able to embed media from non-approved sites? What am I missing?
If you click on the three dots to the right of the icon that looks like a picture when you post, you'll see a similar-looking icon among the options. Click on that and you'll find a place to copy-paste links to media on places such as Twitter or YouTube...

Anyway, I'm glad to see a new edition of this thread! I feel as if the Japanese men are in a very strong position for this coming season (even if Hanyu decides to retire) and I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of cool performances they'll give us! 😁

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
If you click on the three dots to the right of the icon that looks like a picture when you post, you'll see a similar-looking icon among the options. Click on that and you'll find a place to copy-paste links to media on places such as Twitter or YouTube...
:thank:

Natashajane

Rinkside
Country
United-States
National Team
Special
Yuzuru Hanyu (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Shoma Uno (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Yuma Kagiyama (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Kazuki Tomono (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Kao Miura (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Tatsuya Tsuboi (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
A
Shun Sato (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Sena Miyake (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Sota Yamamoto (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Nozomu Yoshioka (ISU, JSF)
B
Kosho Oshima (ISU, JSF)
Shunsuke Nakamura (JSF)
Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Koshiro Shimada (ISU, JSF, GS thread)
Takeru Kataise (JSF)
Ryoga Morimoto (JSF)
Ryusei Kikuchi (JSF)

*I'll put in the JSF bios when they're released
@figureskatingandrainbows Thanks for this info. Does this mean that these people have been invited to compete in 2022-23 season or does it mean these people have already committed to competing in the 2022-23 season? Please could you kindly explain :)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
@figureskatingandrainbows Thanks for this info. Does this mean that these people have been invited to compete in 2022-23 season or does it mean these people have already committed to competing in the 2022-23 season? Please could you kindly explain :)
AFAIK, this first round of announcement was based mainly on the results (both domestic and international competitions) from 21-22 season, excluding skaters who had announced their retirements. I don't think it's any indication that the current skaters in the list are garuantted any future competitions. Instead, JSF will adjust this list later on, especially when the assignments of JGP/GP are confirmed.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma's in California right now. Specifically, he was spotted at the Great Parks rink in Irvine. Is he there to work with Raf or is he getting choreo?

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma got Shae-Lynn choreo! :dance3:

So now he (probably) has programs by Carolina/Lori and Shae? Unless, of course, he's scrapped programs again for the umpteenth time.
Edit: Japanese media is reporting that he came here for a new program so I'm assuming we're doing the split programs.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma's new SP is to "Believer" by Imagine Dragons, choreo by Shae! He's planning to debut it at the end of the month (or maybe DOI idk), will have a backloaded combo (4S, 3A, 4T-3T), and apparently it is a program that uses the whole body to the point where it hurts. He narrowed down to this song from 100 options, and heard it from phone ringtones? (The last bit has a weird translation so don't quote it). He spent 3 hours a day for five days working with Shae exclusively on the program.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yuma's new SP is to "Believer" by Imagine Dragons, choreo by Shae! He's planning to debut it at the end of the month (or maybe DOI idk), will have a backloaded combo (4S, 3A, 4T-3T), and apparently it is a program that uses the whole body to the point where it hurts. He narrowed down to this song from 100 options, and heard it from phone ringtones? (The last bit has a weird translation so don't quote it). He spent 3 hours a day for five days working with Shae exclusively on the program.
I’m not a fan of the song itself but I like the sound of challenging choreography! Although I like Yuma’s skating, his programs last season were a bit bland IMO so I think it’s brilliant to go to Shae now, who has historically been great at helping skaters create a new image and style for themselves (thinking especially of Nathan, but I think her Drumming Song program was really good for Liza Tuktamysheva as well, not to mention Shoma’s Great Spirit) so I hope she’s given him something that’ll bring him a bit more out of his shell, performance-wise.

KiraraChin

Medalist
ISU published the updated list of world standings for the 2022/23 season.

Here are Japanese Men placements:

1- Yuma Kagiyama
3- Shoma Uno
13- Kazuki Tomono
14- Yuzuru Hanyu
26- Sena Miyake
28- Sota Yamamoto
31- Shun Sato
32- Kao Miura
47- Tatsuya Tsuboi

I know Yuzu dropped to 14th because he hasn't competed internationally much for two seasons now, but it was still a shock for me to see Kazuki's name above his 🙀

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Copy and paste the information about new programs from JPN Women's discussion, and keep the information about men's here:

AS the very first performance of DOI is approaching the ending now, here's some updating news about debuting of new programs (*this post will keep on being updated):

Nozomu Yoshioka
FS - Pirates of the Caribbean

Tatsuya Tsuboi
FS - Torn (Redux)

Kao Miura
FS - Phantom of the Opera

Kazuki Tomono
SP - Happy Jazz

Sena Miyake
SP - Liebestraum

Shun Sato
SP - Carol of the Bells

Yuma Kagiyama
SP - Believer

Shoma Uno
SP - Gravity
(I left out Rio Nakata because it seems he skated to the Ex).

There's also a local competition undergoing in Nagoya, and some other skaters had skated to their new programs. Perhaps I'll add to the information here later on.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Performances from Dreams On Ice, Day 2 (matinee show) aired on TBS channel 2
(Not sure if video has already been uploaded to yt)

I am posting video of the Japanese Men only
I'll also share links to performances by the Japanese Women, MiyuSho and KoKo in their dedicated threads

For some reason, Shun's video is still processing. I'll add a link when it becomes becomes available
Also, Kao's video is currently stuck in 360p. It should become viewable at higher quality after processing is complete

Rio Nakata EX (Youngblood; 5 Seconds of Summer)
Nozomu Yoshioka FS (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Tatsuya Tsuboi FS (Torn (Redux); Nathan Lanier)
Shun Sato SP (Carol of the Bells; Lindsey Stirling) 😍
Sena Miyake SP (愛の夢 (Ai no Yume)~Liebesträume)
Kao Miura FS (Phantom of the Opera) Kao and his forever warhorse Free programs...but POTO AGAIN?! 😅 Still this FS is 🔥
Kazuki Tomono SP ("Happy Jazz"~Real Gone; Sam Taylor / Happy; C2C) 🤩
Yuma Kagiyama SP (Believer; Imagine Dragons) I really like this program for him! IMO, it fits him way more than last season's SP. However, rather than seeing Yuma, I feel like I'm watching a Nathan/Shoma hybrid. Maybe the Shae choreo is bringing Nathan vibes? :shrug: Just me?
Shoma Uno SP (Gravity; John Mayer)

Some of the videos default to 360p. However, most are viewable in higher quality by adjusting in settings (gear icon)

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma Kagiyama SP (Believer; Imagine Dragons) I really like this program for him! IMO, it fits him way more than last season's SP. However, rather than seeing Yuma, I feel like I'm watching a Nathan/Shoma hybrid. Maybe the Shae choreo is bringing Nathan vibes? :shrug: Just me?
I agree, it does remind me a lot of Nathan. I do think it is good for him to push himself and try something new, and I have a feeling the more he skates it the more it will become "his" program.

Status
Not open for further replies.