2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating

gotoschool

Medalist
Not the ranking competition being five days before the GPF... KSU you continually manage to amaze me with your overt stupidity and incompetence
I think the incompetence theory is a cover for intentional sabotage since the idea is to make it as difficult as possible for Korean skaters to perform well at international competitions so they can get fewer places within the global ISU power structure. The absence of outrage for especially Haien Lee's ridiculously deflated scoring at worlds which was done to try to prevent three Korean places at next year Worlds indicates that the sabotage has largely been taken on board. Most seem to go along with the scores no matter how blatantly manipulated they are or at least remain resigned to it. I believe the ranking competition for Worlds in 2020 was less than two weeks before Worlds on the other side of the world as well.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young has withdrawn from Cranberry Cup (which makes my purchase of the livestream a bit sad) and will start her season at US Classic

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Young has withdrawn from Cranberry Cup (which makes my purchase of the livestream a bit sad) and will start her season at US Classic
That is terrible. She really had a great shot for Gold. I wish you could get a refund.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That is terrible. She really had a great shot for Gold. I wish you could get a refund.
Since a refund seems unlikely I'm just hoping that the skaters who will be there provide some good entertainment

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Why are they sending both Young and Yelim to US Classic? :scratch2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is there anywhere we can get more information on little Jaekeun Lee?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What kind of information? I can tell you all I know
Just a little about how he got into skating and is training, where I might be able to see videos (I did look up some on youtube), his training etc? I just think he's charming, and I'd like to keep an eye out and cheer for him.

(BTW, I noted that the Korean girls are still the best dressed by far as they were when I was here before. Well done to them).

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Just a little about how he got into skating and is training, where I might be able to see videos (I did look up some on youtube), his training etc? I just think he's charming, and I'd like to keep an eye out and cheer for him.

(BTW, I noted that the Korean girls are still the best dressed by far as they were when I was here before. Well done to them).
He got into skating when he was eight after watching the Queen (as all of our current skaters have done), and he trains with coach Park Bitna. Videos are mostly on Youtube, there are videos of him on his JGPs and in the ranking comp/Nats/etc. As usual there aren't much videos of his training, maybe searching his name on instagram will get you somewhere. He isn't working on a 3A yet as far as I know, but then I could be wrong.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He got into skating when he was eight after watching the Queen (as all of our current skaters have done), and he trains with coach Park Bitna. Videos are mostly on Youtube, there are videos of him on his JGPs and in the ranking comp/Nats/etc. As usual there aren't much videos of his training, maybe searching his name on instagram will get you somewhere. He isn't working on a 3A yet as far as I know, but then I could be wrong.
Thank you, I'll look into it all.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So... my darling squirtle has withdrawn from Skate Canada and I am extremely sad. The only thing that's consoling me is that my beloved Seoyoung's SP is going to be from the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack (as for her free, not as excited since it's a)Bolero and b)from Moulin Rouge)