Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Here it is! The new season thread

*Will be updated throughout the season*

MAIN CONTENDERS: TBA

BIG QUESTIONS/THINGS TO WATCH - (feel free to recommend some)
TBA

GRAND PRIX ASSIGNMENTS

SENIORScreenshot 2023-04-13 at 8.33.47 AM.png
Grand Prix Final: Isabeau Levito🥈

JUNIOR
Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 11.02.59 AM.png

2022-23 ISU CHALLENGER SERIES

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 8.37.18 AM.png

INTERNATIONAL TEAMS
Four Continents:
Isabeau Levito (WD after SP), Amber Glenn (6), Bradie Tennell (7)
Junior Worlds: Josephine Lee (19), Soho Lee (15), Clare Seo (8)
World Championships: Isabeau Levito (4), Amber Glenn (15), Bradie Tennell (12)

2023 US FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
🥇 Isabeau Levito (SC of Southern NJ)
🥈 Bradie Tennell (Skokie Valley SC)
🥉 Amber Glenn (Dallas FSC)
4. Starr Andrews (Los Angeles FSC)
5. Josephine Lee (All Year FSC)
6. Lindsay Thorngren (SC of NY)
7. Clare Seo (Broadmoor SC)
8. Gracie Gold (IceWorks SC)
9. Ava Ziegler (SC of NY)
10. Sonja Hilmer (Centennial SC )
11. Gabriella Izzo (SC of Boston)
12. Ting Cui (Baltimore FSC)
13. Audrey Shin (SC of NY)
14. Linsday Wang (Los Angeles FSC)
15. Michelle Lee (All Year FSC)
16. Elsa Cheng (Skokie Valley SC)
17. Alexa Gasparotto (Arctic FSC)
WD Hanna Harrell (Los Angeles FSC)

Last edited:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Placeholder post for info to come later/important announcements

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Alright! Here is the new season thread! I'll be adding info to the first post shortly, but I wanted to get this thread up and running!
:rock::thank:

macy

Record Breaker
new article on Isabeau, she seems very level headed, reminds me of Anna Shcherbakova a bit. excited to see what next season holds for her.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
An interview with Karen was posted where she shares how she developed a new "fire" about skating

“It’s for sure very frustrating,” she said. “Yeah, I did go through different types of injuries. I think at the end of the day, during the times I am away from the ice, it just makes me crave being back on ice again. I truly discovered that I love skating and I love training; that’s what I want to be doing. Although it’s really frustrating and has its moments, it kind of fuels this fire that I want to continue skating and accomplish all these goals I have for myself.”

Those goals include striving for the Olympics in 2026 in Italy.

“I hope so,” she said. “I’m just really focused and enjoying the moments that I have now, and the future is undecide

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
as far as i've seen, there's been no news on Bradie or Hanna.

Ting posts a lot on instagram, she is still skating but i think collegiately. i doubt we will ever see her in competition again :( so much unrealized potential, she is such a beautiful skater and special talent.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
as far as i've seen, there's been no news on Bradie or Hanna.

Ting posts a lot on instagram, she is still skating but i think collegiately. i doubt we will ever see her in competition again :( so much unrealized potential, she is such a beautiful skater and special talent.
Collegiate skating?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alysa, as always, is so impressive with her level headed attitude toward skating and life:

... But, as I grew up, it was a lot harder. Especially mentally. So yes, I decided not to push it. I got hurt one time, when I got a hip injury. So I decided to stop doing quads. I stopped for a few reasons. I didn’t want to injure myself beyond repair, you know? I don’t want surgery. Now, my hip is good. So I’m glad I stopped when I did.

:clap:

Lipinski boy

Rinkside
Women’s figure skating is the reason I became interested in the sport (hence my username.) The last few years have brought hope, renewed excitement which I haven’t felt since the early 2000s/late 90s… however, this all came crashing down this year due to three events:
1) Russia’s war with Ukraine has isolated the three most technically-advanced women athletes from the rest of the world.
2) the Olympic doping scandal (making it very possible an age minimum will be placed, greatly minimizing “quads” and high tech elements in women’s FS.)
3) Alyssa Liu’s retirement (she was the new hope for US ladies.)

These three factors will, no doubt, envelop and saturate the upcoming season. For this reason, I will be watching the sport with hope, but with the possibility for heartbreak. On the plus side, Levito seems like a good candidate for the US, and with the Russians temporarily out of the picture, athletes must realize the field is wide open. I want to see the US regain momentum. I want to see women continuing to perform quads, but without the negative aftertaste it has gotten in post-Olympics. I want to see Bradie Tennell and Mariah Bell be truly competitive with Japan and other countries.
In short, I want to be “wow’ed” again with women’s figure skating.

macy

Record Breaker
There was a rumor going around a month or two ago that Bradie has left Tom Z, and left Colorado. Last we heard of her she was at home in Illinois, coaching.
i don't think it's a good sign we have heard nothing from her/about her in a long time and this only adds to that. i hope hope hope for her sake she wasn't forced to retire because of her injury. she doesn't deserve to go out that way :(

Status
Not open for further replies.