2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
After SP in Nebelhorn Trophy Starr Andrews is 7th with 53 points, while Gracie Gold 15th with 45 points.
What's going on with American women? JGP outcomes don't look promissing either. :shrug:
Well, not much to expect from those two. Gracie had a bad day and could have done so much more, but even so, top 5 was not realistic.
When it comes to Starr, she is technically very very very very weak and has never been any hope for the Americans. She did what she always do.

Katyaever

Rinkside
Thank you for your answer....I think the problem is generational.
As to the first part, the ISU SHOULD care. This is all about making skating viewing easy to put the sport forward. I have no idea about the names of all the federations and associations. But if I can go to the ISU website and look up the Japan Federation and see what I can watch over the web, that would be great. (1) Kingdom; (2) Phylum (3) Class; (4) Order; (5) Family; (6) Genus; (7) Species Just like in Science.
Or a DOS tree (disc operating system)

As to your link to USFS comp, this is what I get trying to use their filter system
View attachment 5692
0 results
I know I must be doing something wrong, but I think it could be organized better than this.
So what I am left with is the fan zone. Which gives me a link to the club's web site.
Sorry, but I am in full agreement with the guys from "The Skating Lesson"
The USFS lacks anyone trying to create buzz about events and the viewing there of. Using social media or even a newsletter which we doners used to get that was mediocre at best. Was it last year that a camera crew (s) of some skill level range filmed the Qualifiers? Skill level bad to mediocre? Or the year before.? It was the year Tom Z. got covid. No matter.
Maybe there are just too few people who donate to USFS and too few fans left for anyone to care about. And that is sad.
If you are trying to locate the Qualifying competitions, you can go to US figure skating fan zone website, hover over "schedule and results" and click on Qualifying Series, that will take you to all qualifying comps and will have links to the results.
I think there is definitely room for improvement, in my opinion adding this link to the fan zone site is a step in the right direction.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Bradie withdrew from Austin. I was really hoping she would debut at this event, on the same day as Rika. But, maybe, she is only focusing on training in Europe.
She'll be going to the Japan Open. She even posted about it.

If Rika is there too I'll have my two favorites there, although it is highly unlikely Rika will be there.

Maybe by 4CC we'll have them at the same competition...

RatedPG

Medalist
Country
Canada

If Rika is there too I'll have my two favorites there, although it is highly unlikely Rika will be there.

I didn’t know this @Greengemmonster … that is good to know. I love Bradie’s tenacity and I can’t wait to watch her programs. Rika has so much competition back home though… in order to make it for 4CC. I’m looking forward to her result tonight at Regionals.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If you are trying to locate the Qualifying competitions, you can go to US figure skating fan zone website, hover over "schedule and results" and click on Qualifying Series, that will take you to all qualifying comps and will have links to the results.
I think there is definitely room for improvement, in my opinion adding this link to the fan zone site is a step in the right direction.
Yeah, I think old people like me probably should stick with fan zone. I am getting no support trying to contact various people in the USFS, who (whom?) I have dontated thousands too.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I keep praying to the skating gods to heal Rika, but this is a cruel sport in many ways. I watched a person die this last weekend when they passed out due to the G load and flew their jet into the ground at 500 mph...I feel really bad about it....Aircraft racing is an unforgiving sport...but skaters who get long painful serious injuries who have given us so much artistic beauty somehow hurt more.... :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
We true fans love you, Rika, ...Lets hope there is a way to watch the Japan Open. Your hair is beautiful but dont drink from that can.
Rika.jpg

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie has always been inconsistent, but i think when she stepped away from skating some of her ability to compete left her.
I don't know about ability to compete, but she is very competitive (as in driven to compete, loves to compete).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After SP in Nebelhorn Trophy Starr Andrews is 7th with 53 points, while Gracie Gold 15th with 45 points.
What's going on with American women? JGP outcomes don't look promissing either. :shrug:
Well Starr was finally diagnosed and treated for SVT in May of this year. That's what, 4 months ago? Gracie had a bad skate and this is her first "real" (I don't count the Covid Skate America, nor the Russian GP she sent herself to) International assignment in 4-5 years, I have lost track. She obviously showed USFS she was ready. These are Challengers, you don't send your top 2-3 skaters to each one. We have 3 slots in Worlds for women, someone other than Isabeau and Lindsey are going to have to go. Some skaters have to go to 4CCs too. They all need as much experience as possible. And I'd rather see them lay an egg here than do it at their GPs. If you remember Starr had to wd from one GP last year due to her heart condition.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I think old people like me probably should stick with fan zone. I am getting no support trying to contact various people in the USFS, who (whom?) I have dontated thousands too.
The best place I've found to find out about them is here. I post a lot about them and results, etc in the Country threads.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, lets pretend I am an ignoramous...not a far stretch.....there is something called an Autumn Classic and I dont see it under competitions here so I do a search and got this thread....What is it and why isnt it mentioned under comps? And of course is there a link. Will do a search under SYWTWFS. No offense to THIS forum, but finding out about a sport event for figure skating shouldnt be rocket science. You should be able to go to ISU and with three easy clicks get to all the information about it....no click bate, no clutter.... just go to ISU, events. Click on 2022-3, country, events by date. Boom, done.
  • Start time: Sep 23, 6:45 PM Central Daylight Time
  • Venue: Gold Rink
  • Judge detail scores
PlaceStartNameScore
1Grace Yi, Boise FSC
2Brynn Roberts, FSC Of Park City
3Kimmie Nguyen, Seattle SC
4Julia Fennell, Kent Valley FSC
5Wren Warne-Jacobsen, Go4Gold Shakopee Skating Academy
6Jacqueline Conant, Broadmoor SC
7Elizabeth Hong, Pasadena FSC
8Bradie Tennell, Skokie Valley SC
9Haley Scott, Champions Edge SC
10Maryn Pierce, Broadmoor SC
11Brenna Greco, Coyotes SC of Arizona
12Kailey Wistort, Coyotes SC of Arizona
14Emilia Murdock, Broadmoor SC
WDSonja Hilmer, Centennial SC
It's part of the new qualifying structure that replaced Regionals.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Well Starr was finally diagnosed and treated for SVT in May of this year. That's what, 4 months ago? Gracie had a bad skate and this is her first "real" (I don't count the Covid Skate America, nor the Russian GP she sent herself to) International assignment in 4-5 years, I have lost track. She obviously showed USFS she was ready. These are Challengers, you don't send your top 2-3 skaters to each one. We have 3 slots in Worlds for women, someone other than Isabeau and Lindsey are going to have to go. Some skaters have to go to 4CCs too. They all need as much experience as possible. And I'd rather see them lay an egg here than do it at their GPs. If you remember Starr had to wd from one GP last year due to her heart condition.
I agree with everything you say, however I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit worried that she won’t get another International assignment and it will cause her to have to go to Sectionals, which is going to be a TOUGH competition for all the top competitiors. I’m hoping she has a decent skate tomorrow.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie Tennell is on the senior list competing at Austin Autumn Classic:

Sonja Hilmer is also on the list.
By the way the only skating rink in Austin, unless they've built a new one since I left, is in a mall. There is no seating to speak of, just places to sit and put your skates on and take them off. The parents bring folding chairs and sit in the mall area and look through the windows. Maybe there's some sort of temporary seating they'll put up?
I don't know why they don't have one of these things here. We have several rinks with more than adequate seating. SCOB they are not, but perfectly adequate for this level of competition.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for your answer....I think the problem is generational.
As to the first part, the ISU SHOULD care. This is all about making skating viewing easy to put the sport forward. I have no idea about the names of all the federations and associations. But if I can go to the ISU website and look up the Japan Federation and see what I can watch over the web, that would be great. (1) Kingdom; (2) Phylum (3) Class; (4) Order; (5) Family; (6) Genus; (7) Species Just like in Science.
Or a DOS tree (disc operating system)

As to your link to USFS comp, this is what I get trying to use their filter system
View attachment 5692
0 results
I know I must be doing something wrong, but I think it could be organized better than this.
So what I am left with is the fan zone. Which gives me a link to the club's web site.
Sorry, but I am in full agreement with the guys from "The Skating Lesson"
The USFS lacks anyone trying to create buzz about events and the viewing there of. Using social media or even a newsletter which we doners used to get that was mediocre at best. Was it last year that a camera crew (s) of some skill level range filmed the Qualifiers? Skill level bad to mediocre? Or the year before.? It was the year Tom Z. got covid. No matter.
Maybe there are just too few people who donate to USFS and too few fans left for anyone to care about. And that is sad.
I don't listen to "The Skating Lesson," but USFS could be doing a lot more. I know people with guinea pig Facebook pages that are probably making more money than USFS. You can "go live" and people can send stars, which translate into money. I talked to Brent about getting signed up with Amazon smile, but he said they had tried and no one would sign up for it. USFS is non profit. They can sign up with Ebay and people can donate a portion of their sales to them. They can sign up with a car donation place and people can donate them cars (this isn't happening right now, due to chip shortage, but will again one day). Is anyone writing for grants? There is a ton of info out there about making money as a nonprofit, including using different social media platforms to generate money. Hell do they even have a program for charitable bequests? I don't have any real children. Know where I found out about FOFS? It was HERE. Anyway, they either will or they won't get it together. Emails should be answered within 24 business hours. You never know who is a potential donor.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree with everything you say, however I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit worried that she won’t get another International assignment and it will cause her to have to go to Sectionals, which is going to be a TOUGH competition for all the top competitiors. I’m hoping she has a decent skate tomorrow.
Prayer Circle? Honestly if they are thinking, which I don't think they do a heck of a lot of to be honest, they'll give her another assignment because I will bet my bottom dollar ratings rise when Gracie is there. Casual skating fans, because they do not watch JGP, do not know who Isabeau and Lindsey are. If Bradie is there they will know her. They might know Amber or Starr. Mariah, Alyssa, Karen all gone. That's some slim pickings for casual fans. And me, well, I'm going to make the humungous effort to be there if Gracie is there. If not I'll be sitting right here. I made that commitment some time ago.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Prayer Circle? Honestly if they are thinking, which I don't think they do a heck of a lot of to be honest, they'll give her another assignment because I will bet my bottom dollar ratings rise when Gracie is there. Casual skating fans, because they do not watch JGP, do not know who Isabeau and Lindsey are. If Bradie is there they will know her. They might know Amber or Starr. Mariah, Alyssa, Karen all gone. That's some slim pickings for casual fans. And me, well, I'm going to make the humungous effort to be there if Gracie is there. If not I'll be sitting right here. I made that commitment some time ago.
I don’t disagree. I was talking to someone about skating (who wasn’t a skating fan) and the only name they recognized was Gracie’s. Look at what happened when she got assigned SA, people wanted tickets. She is great for ratings, and one of the few recognizable skaters that could also be At Nationals. Also, I think it would look pretty bad if someone from SA didn’t make Nationals. But as we all know, USFS doesn’t always (ok rarely) does things that promote the sport. In a year when there is just not many stars, having Gracie there would be beneficial. We’ve also talked about it being her first International in a long time, so hopefully USFS recognizes that. I believe entries for Austria are due before SA, which doesn’t give her another performance before they decide. I told my husband that if Gracie makes nationals I want to go. There are a few others that I would like to see in person (mainly Alexa and Brandon…I always joke that I had the idea to pair them up first. I saw them both at 2020 Nationals in Greensboro on warm up and looked at my friend and said they needed to pair up and make a super pair. I didn’t get to see them this year in Nashville because of them having to withdraw). If this is Gracie’s last Nationals, I would love to see it. I dont Know that I can actually make another trip to Nationals work, but if she’s not going, I’m probably not making the effort this year.