2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I think unfortunately Isabeau is one of those skaters the judges love and Lindsay is one they will ding for anything they can find.

Lindsay reminds me of early days Bradie. Hopefully one day she'll find her groove and become a performer just like Bradie has.
But Lindsay is sooo much better imo. And has so much more potential. Unfortunately, I think Lindsay has Butyrskaya nerves.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Let's be realstic, if Isabeu and Lindsey don't have their 4t and 3a ready now in their youth, they won't have them in two years (or maybe an Amber situation, 10% chance to land a 3a while botching the rest). But that's fine
Yes the Amber situation is hard to watch. She landed her 3A last week but it was so bad that she only earned abt 0.2 points against a 2A.

When I think of 3A's I think of Tuktamysheva. She had it during her youth but then lost it when she grew up. She got it back now to abt 85% success. But she would never have gotten this secure with it without those youth years.

brakes

On the Ice
After SP in Nebelhorn Trophy Starr Andrews is 7th with 53 points, while Gracie Gold 15th with 45 points.
What's going on with American women? JGP outcomes don't look promissing either. :shrug:

macy

Record Breaker
Gracie has always been inconsistent, but i think when she stepped away from skating some of her ability to compete left her.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Gracie has always been inconsistent, but i think when she stepped away from skating some of her ability to compete left her.
This and the last time she did a full competitive season was 2016-2017! Competing is it’s own skill set and needs to be practiced to improve. The closest came last season but she didn’t compete after Nationals obviously. She got better as the season progressed, which typically happens with her, hopefully we will see that this season too!

Last edited:
Country
Norway
This and the last time she did a full competitive season was 2016-2017! Competing is it’s own school set and needs to be practiced to improve. The closest came last season but she didn’t compete after Nationals obviously. She got better as the season progressed, which typically happens with her, hopefully we will see that this season too!
Also she hasn´t been competing outside US since GP 2018. She might been overwhelmed with jetlag + altitude + all the things she has been doing recently. I hope she can overcome the SP and skate well in the FS, it´s tight with points so she could climb on the list. If not, she can still have a good showing at Skate America, she will hopefully have more time to practice and focus before the competition.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
After SP in Nebelhorn Trophy Starr Andrews is 7th with 53 points, while Gracie Gold 15th with 45 points.
What's going on with American women? JGP outcomes don't look promissing either. :shrug:
This wasn’t too shocking of a result for me. Starr has been struggling all season domestically. She actually performed to my expectations. Gracie was a bit of a disappointment. I had low expectations and she managed to do even worse than I thought. I think she struggles with pressure. She seems to do well at one domestic event and then does worse as the pressure mounts at later events. This was a missed opportunity. I hope she does better in the free skate and at least out skates everyone in the bottom flight. But, I’m not expecting much in the free skate. If she does well with her opening combo, I might have some hope, but, if she misses the opening combo, then I expect a disaster, with popped jumps and double jumps in the second half. Let’s see how she does.

As for the American Woman, they are doing okay. Soho Lee got a silver at her Junior event and will be in contention for a spot in the Grand Prix finals. Mia landed two clean quads… As for Seniors, I expect Isabeau to be a contender for a medal at any event she participates in. Lindsay is a fighter and I can see her scoring over 200 internationally. As for the third spot, the spot is open for Bradie to walk through. If she skates to her potential, she can surprise this year.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Replying to my own post... Sonja has already withdrawn and sounds like Bradie is still in europe.
OK, lets pretend I am an ignoramous...not a far stretch.....there is something called an Autumn Classic and I dont see it under competitions here so I do a search and got this thread....What is it and why isnt it mentioned under comps? And of course is there a link. Will do a search under SYWTWFS. No offense to THIS forum, but finding out about a sport event for figure skating shouldnt be rocket science. You should be able to go to ISU and with three easy clicks get to all the information about it....no click bate, no clutter.... just go to ISU, events. Click on 2022-3, country, events by date. Boom, done.
  • Start time: Sep 23, 6:45 PM Central Daylight Time
  • Venue: Gold Rink
  • Judge detail scores
PlaceStartNameScore
1Grace Yi, Boise FSC
2Brynn Roberts, FSC Of Park City
3Kimmie Nguyen, Seattle SC
4Julia Fennell, Kent Valley FSC
5Wren Warne-Jacobsen, Go4Gold Shakopee Skating Academy
6Jacqueline Conant, Broadmoor SC
7Elizabeth Hong, Pasadena FSC
8Bradie Tennell, Skokie Valley SC
9Haley Scott, Champions Edge SC
10Maryn Pierce, Broadmoor SC
11Brenna Greco, Coyotes SC of Arizona
12Kailey Wistort, Coyotes SC of Arizona
14Emilia Murdock, Broadmoor SC
WD Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, lets pretend I am an ignoramous...not a far stretch.....there is something called an Autumn Classic and I dont see it under competitions here so I do a search and got this thread....What is it and why isnt it mentioned under comps? And of course is there a link. Will do a search under SYWTWFS. No offense to THIS forum, but finding out about a sport event for figure skating shouldnt be rocket science. You should be able to go to ISU and with three easy clicks get to all the information about it....no click bate, no clutter.... just go to ISU, events. Click on 2022-3, country, events by date. Boom, done.
  • Start time: Sep 23, 6:45 PM Central Daylight Time
  • Venue: Gold Rink
  • Judge detail scores
PlaceStartNameScore
1Grace Yi, Boise FSC
2Brynn Roberts, FSC Of Park City
3Kimmie Nguyen, Seattle SC
4Julia Fennell, Kent Valley FSC
5Wren Warne-Jacobsen, Go4Gold Shakopee Skating Academy
6Jacqueline Conant, Broadmoor SC
7Elizabeth Hong, Pasadena FSC
8Bradie Tennell, Skokie Valley SC
9Haley Scott, Champions Edge SC
10Maryn Pierce, Broadmoor SC
11Brenna Greco, Coyotes SC of Arizona
12Kailey Wistort, Coyotes SC of Arizona
14Emilia Murdock, Broadmoor SC
WDSonja Hilmer, Centennial SC
Is there a stream?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
No offense to THIS forum, but finding out about a sport event for figure skating shouldnt be rocket science. You should be able to go to ISU and with three easy clicks get to all the information about it....no click bate, no clutter.... just go to ISU, events. Click on 2022-3, country, events by date. Boom, done.
But why should the ISU be listing national/regional competitions? Austin Autumn Classic isn't associated with the ISU in the slightest (even if it is easy to confuse all of the Autumn Classic competitions, some of which are indeed ISU competitions), and the ISU does list all (or almost all) international competitions on a searchable/filterable events page.

The issue you have is with USFS, but they also have a similar events page, and it usually works somewhat ok, even if you have to go to the website of the organising club to find information (which can be a problem if the club isn't updating their website with information about competitions).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
But why should the ISU be listing national/regional competitions? Austin Autumn Classic isn't associated with the ISU in the slightest (even if it is easy to confuse all of the Autumn Classic competitions, some of which are indeed ISU competitions), and the ISU does list all (or almost all) international competitions on a searchable/filterable events page.

The issue you have is with USFS, but they also have a similar events page, and it usually works somewhat ok, even if you have to go to the website of the organising club to find information (which can be a problem if the club isn't updating their website with information about competitions).
Thank you for your answer....I think the problem is generational.
As to the first part, the ISU SHOULD care. This is all about making skating viewing easy to put the sport forward. I have no idea about the names of all the federations and associations. But if I can go to the ISU website and look up the Japan Federation and see what I can watch over the web, that would be great. (1) Kingdom; (2) Phylum (3) Class; (4) Order; (5) Family; (6) Genus; (7) Species Just like in Science.
Or a DOS tree (disc operating system)

As to your link to USFS comp, this is what I get trying to use their filter system
comp.jpg
0 results
I know I must be doing something wrong, but I think it could be organized better than this.
So what I am left with is the fan zone. Which gives me a link to the club's web site.
Sorry, but I am in full agreement with the guys from "The Skating Lesson"
The USFS lacks anyone trying to create buzz about events and the viewing there of. Using social media or even a newsletter which we doners used to get that was mediocre at best. Was it last year that a camera crew (s) of some skill level range filmed the Qualifiers? Skill level bad to mediocre? Or the year before.? It was the year Tom Z. got covid. No matter.
Maybe there are just too few people who donate to USFS and too few fans left for anyone to care about. And that is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.