2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022-23 US Women’s Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
Potentially stupid question. Is if Grcacie improves this season, is it a possibility that she could medal at nationals? I ask because I haven't really heard anything about the other american women except Isabeau and Amber.

readernick

Medalist
Potentially stupid question. Is if Grcacie improves this season, is it a possibility that she could medal at nationals? I ask because I haven't really heard anything about the other american women except Isabeau and Amber.
Not a stupid question. And, if you don’t watch juniors it might appear the US women’s field is wide open. However, there are juniors moving up to senior this year that make that less true than some might think.
Gracie could make the world’s team but it won’t be easy. If Bradie is healthy and trained I think she is US #1. ( this is a big if) Additionally, Lindsay T. recently had a bad skate at her challenger but she , generally, improves throughout the season, has good jump technique, good SS, and a higher possible TES and PCS ceiling and higher floor than Gracie. Finally, Ava Marie Ziegler just won a challenger. International judges love her speed and power jumps. In terms of combinations, no US woman has a better 3Lz+3T than Gracie. But, at this point, all of them have better stamina. Gracie will need to improve her stamina and land triples in the second half of her program.
I have never been there biggest fan of Gracie’s skating. But, her comeback story is so compelling. You can’t help but root for her! Whatever happens, I hope she is satisfied with what she accomplishes this season!

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw that Ava Marie Ziegler has been added to the Skate Canada roster. I'm so excited for her. She was awesome at the Challenger that she won a couple of weeks ago! 😍

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
That music is Bradie's in my mind, but it seems to be helping Ava Marie justly earn everyone's attention!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are right, of course. But why is no one here in this thread to congratulate Ms Starr Andrews on winning silver at Skate Canada?

Surely this is an achievement worthy of note. Congratulations, Starr!
Well I congratulated her in her fan thread.

Golden Skate had the most adorable tweet:

She is a lovely young lady with the biggest smile. Congrats to Derrick Delmore as well, has he coached a GP medalist before?

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Well I congratulated her in her fan thread.

Golden Skate had the most adorable tweet:

She is a lovely young lady with the biggest smile. Congrats to Derrick Delmore as well, has he coached a GP medalist before?

Derrick wasn't his main coach of course - that was Raf - but he did assist in coaching Adam Rippon, who medaled on the GP.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Derrick wasn't his main coach of course - that was Raf - but he did assist in coaching Adam Rippon, who medaled on the GP.
Oh yes I remember from Adam's book. Well his first time as main coach then.

Bord

Rinkside
Any update on Bradie? I thought she was assigned to one or more of the Grand Prix events?

macy

Record Breaker
Some comments on the Midwestern senior ladies from your ice monitor:

Even though she didn't win the short Alyssa Rich was my favorite of the night. Big jumps, good speed, one of the only ones who did triple flip and lutz, and such an infectious love for skating. Gorgeous performance and she had a moment.

Elsa Cheng is a very steady competitor. Really clean, dependable jumps (flip and lutz), but lacking a bit in the interpretation department. For me she wasn't comparable to Alyssa with this but her skating skills were good.

Wren Warne Jacobsen had a solid skate although I missed a good portion.

Emilia Murdock had the best choreo hands down. Beautifully composed program.

One skater with A LOT of potential is Alexa Gasparatto. She has work to do with PCS and spin positions but her jumps were STUNNING and she flew into them. She had a planned 3s+3t which she did a couple times on warm up and they were chefs kiss but missed the combo in competition. Plenty of room for another rotation. Rohene Ward is on her coaching team so I hope she makes improvements in those areas, if she does she will be a serious contender to make nationals.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sonja Hilmer didn’t have the skate she wanted 😭. She usually goes for a 3T 3T triple triple, where the second triple is downgraded. Today, she went for 3S 3T, but, doubled her salchow and under rotated her triple toe. She is in fourth place. Only the top 2 are automatically sent to Nationals. She usually skates much better in her free skate. Hoping she does enough to finish in 2nd place and also land that 3S 2S combo, that only she does….

Status
Not open for further replies.