2022 4CC Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 4CC Entries

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Have any entries been affected by the storms in North America? Mostly wondering because of reports of cancelled flights out of Toronto, New York and Washington (this is based on UK based news, so not sure what the actual situation is).

Ziotic

Medalist
There are tons of cancelled flights so it’s very possible if they haven’t left yet, they may not make it in time

Andrea82

Medalist
Have any entries been affected by the storms in North America? Mostly wondering because of reports of cancelled flights out of Toronto, New York and Washington (this is based on UK based news, so not sure what the actual situation is).

I see from Daleman's latest Instagram story that they reached Germany. Blocked there at the moment because problems in landing in Tallinn.

Colorado Springs skaters departed yesterday and they are already at Tallinn hotel now.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
any word on Wesley? And of course, it's too late for Canada to send my other son??? or anyone else in his place? sigh

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
any word on Wesley? And of course, it's too late for Canada to send my other son??? or anyone else in his place? sigh
There's two ways this could go. Either Wesley has COVID/is injured, or one of the Olympic men has COVID/is injured and they need to isolate Wesley.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was so busy downloading, cutting and uploading videos that I didn't even notice that Wesley's name has disappeared from the Entries List. I'm guessing it's too late to send someone else, but isn't Nam next in line for 4CC? In any case, it sucks that a spot for a Canadian man is now wasted. :(

There's two ways this could go. Either Wesley has COVID/is injured, or one of the Olympic men has COVID/is injured and they need to isolate Wesley.
:drama:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OR, his flight was canceled with a snow storm.
ETA i just do not want to get into worst case scenario speculation... There are many reasons why a w/d happens at the last minute.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I read somewhere, but I can't find it anymore, so it could be speculation, but it seems one of Wesley's coaching team got a positive Test (we all know of what), and presumably (even more speculation) that is the cause of his withdrawing. Could happen to anyone. What a pity! Let's just hope he's healthy himself, and can go to JW later.

I actually had him as nr. 1 in my predictions (much as I love Corey and Joseph) because he did so well at Canadian Nationals but I've edited Wesley out now. Regrettably!

Last edited: