2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, no prizes for guess who is going to be leading going into Group 2.

Now, I know we have nobody to compare them to, but Hanna and Alessio looked good to me.

Ooooh. 55.06 points. If RInk Results are correct, this is their second best Short Dance score ever, just 0.48 points lower than what they scored at the 2018 Hallowe'en Cup.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Hopefully we will end up with enough partnerships for it to count as an SB.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As I suspected, my kids have withdrawn as well. 😞

What on Earth is going on?! It looks like none of the partnerships representing France are here.

Let's see if Lou and Noe come out in Group 2.

I don't think they have. I can only see 3 partnerships on the ice.

So, it looks like the field has halved from 8 partnerships to 4. :eek:

I don't think this is enough.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, that was a bundle of fun to make up for a depressing turn-out in this competition.

Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV (KAZ) go into 2nd position out of 2, but that was to be expected.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, Lou and Noe are here. My apologies.

It must be the Ukrainian or Polish partnership that is missing.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, after I prematurely announced their withdrawal, I think Lou TERREAUX / Noe PERRON (FRA) are going to be our new leaders! :drama:

Does Lou not feel lopsided with that thing hanging by her left leg?! Surely it makes the twizzles and other spins feel strange.

Yep. New leaders. By 5.62 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The crowd gave massive cheers for the Ukrainian partnership, and they deserved it.

That was an enjoyable programme from Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV (UKR).

Well, it'll certainly go into the Top 3. But, whereabouts? And will the score put them in contention for a higher position?

THEY LEAD!!!!!! And by a massive 9.23 points!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I clearly can't count. The Polish partnership are here too!

So, it's not quite as bad as I feared. We had 5 partnerships out of the 8 that were entered.

Doesn't seem like that long since I last saw Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV (POL).

They were on fire!!! 🔥 (Not literally!)

Into 2nd position, 2.35 points behind the leaders.

And all those withdrawals mean we have finished just in time for me to go and eat.

See you tomorrow!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The final day of the Bosphorus cup starts with the last two Singles competitions, the Senior Free Skates. Girls first, then boys.

Livestream for the Senior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 17m 15s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=1035

Podium Ceremony (starts at 6h 39m 24s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=23964

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is so funny. While Ozlem DIZMEN (TUR) was waiting for her scores, we were eavesdropping on a phone call that was happening near the camera. And the microphone is picking up both participants. :biggrin:

Oh, I wish I understood whatever language is being spoken! (It sounds Slavic of some kind).

Drat, somebody has realised and cut the audio. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey, you can put the sound back on now! The next skater, Ayna EKAYEVA (TKM), has started her programme! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Looks like Ayna EKAYEVA (TKM) has a couple of her team-mates accompanying her for her results. :ghug:

Now sure who, though - there was one girl from Turkmenistan competing at Junior level (Larisa VAHITOVA), and two at Advanced Novice level (Polina MELEHOVA and Larisa VOPILOVA).

She takes the lead.

Still no audio for the third skater. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just been watching the RD's from yesterday. I agree that Hanna and Alessio looked good out there, and their points (more than 55) reflect that. That's a good score for them. Too bad there were three withdrawals. I always like French couples, as they usually do something different. Good there was one left!Great Ukranian couple! Wonderful to watch.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Somebody was working on restoring the audio while the third skater, Niginabonu JAMOLIDDINOVA (UZB) was getting her scores.

It finally came back shortly after skater #4, Alexandra MINTSIDOU (GRE), started her programme. But, the distorting is so bad you can barely hear the music at all.

CaroLiza_fan

k8a

Rinkside
Alexanda's reaction when she saw her restults was the best. I believe it was a new personal best for her by quite a significant amount of points.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I loved this "La La Land" programme from Sofiya FARAFONOVA (KAZ) the first time I saw it, and I loved it again now.

The costume change went down really well with the spectators.

This is the perfect example of why I prefer to have the arena audio on the stream rather than getting the music piped straight from the CD player. Because if we had the latter, we wouldn't be any the wiser as to whether the audience liked it or not.

She leads both the FS and overall.

In fact, there have been no changes to the overnight order at all so far.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alexanda's reaction when she saw her restults was the best. I believe it was a new personal best for her by quite a significant amount of points.

Yep, her FS score of 80.62 and her overall score of 118.88 are indeed new absolute PB's.

Her previous best FS score was 76.75 and her previous best overall score was 116.69, both from the 2021 edition of Skate Helena.

(Her SP score here was not as high as it was at that Skate Helena).

That Skate Helena was an anomaly. It you take it out of the equation, all her scores from previous seasons are considerably lower than what she has been getting this season. Her scores have really shot up this season.

And it is great to see! It's lovely when a skater is able to bring their country onto our radars solely through their own hard work.

:cheer: WELL DONE ALEXANDRA!!! :cheer:

(Just a pity we weren't able to hear her music properly today...)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Those were lovely scenes of Mariia ANDRIICHUK (UKR) getting her scores. She was delighted with them!

She went into 2nd in both the FS and overall (well, she did have a fall)

There was then an uncomfortably long pause between us leaving her and the next group being called to do their Warm-Up. It was so long that I started thinking that they had maybe decided to do the resurfacing now, before the final group, rather that wait until the end of the segment.

Actually, it would make more sense doing it now. That way the day's groups would be arranged 2/2/2/1, rather than the scheduled 3/1/2/1.

But, then the Group 3 skaters were called.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow!

Eliška BŘEZINOVÁ (CZE) really showed us why she is considered a 🌵 like her brother.

8th in the SP one day; wins the FS by 6.80 points the next day. :drama:

She finishes 3rd overall.

Anastasia GRACHEVA (MDA) was 2nd in the FS and Julia SAUTER (ROU) was 3rd in the FS. But, due to their advantage over Březinová from the SP, they remain 1-2 overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And to finish off the Singles competitions, we have the chaos category! :devil:

Livestream for the Senior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 2h 37m 32s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=9452

Podium Ceremony (starts at 6h 44m 15s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=24255

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG002.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just what we need to start a Men's competition - Bublé! :rolleye:

You know, a week or so ago, my Dad came over and showed me the following on his phone:

https://i.imgur.com/r5gcN36.jpeg

He then said: "It's true. You never hear of him from one December to the next".

And although I didn't say it, I thought: "Not if you're a figure skating fan. We are never given a break from him". :drama:

CaroLiza_fan