2022 CS U.S. International FS Classic Women's Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 CS U.S. International FS Classic Women's Free Skate

Carol1

Medalist
Kawabe is excellent, even when not clean. I also prefer her vocal arrangement of this song to last year's Hubbell/Zach dance, which sounded like a woman on methadone forced to compete in a spelling bee. However, there were vocal moments in the last minute of the program that made me worried my coffee table would shatter.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Kawabe is excellent, even when not clean. I also prefer her vocal arrangement of this song to last year's Hubbell/Zach dance, which sounded like a woman on methadone forced to compete in a spelling bee. However, there were vocal moments in the last minute of the program that made me worried my coffee table would shatter.
I wish I could like this 1000x. I absolutely hated H/D's cut of the song and never wanted to hear it again. I was so afraid when this one started and was ready to mute until the second minute or so when it started to sound better, even with the screams at the end I'll take it!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Young YOU 🇰🇷
(back from internet issues/panic attack/internet issues)

3A
3Lz-3T
3Lo
2A
LSp
ChSq
3Lz-1Eu-3S
StSq
3F (fall)
CCoSp
3S-2A
FCoSp

She has had such a glow-up during the off-season. She seems faster and is way more emotive. The jumps also seem more confident and easy. The program makes no sense musically, but she seems to like it and it shows her off well.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Young. Pretty dress, but white is sometimes not the best color on the rink. Really good skate. :clap: :cheer:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Really thought we were about to get a Four Seasons program without THAT cut from Winter but there it was. Silly me :laugh:

Nice performance, program is a bit generic but she seems to like it a lot which is what matters!

kappa_1

On the Ice
I liked Young You's dress a lot. Shades of Angelina Nikodinov. I thought the program was subtle at times and really gentle. Can't wait to see how it develops over the season.

Carol1

Medalist
What a great vehicle for Young You! She shows so much personality and this will score huge if skated clean. A deserving medalist today.

readernick

Medalist
It's early in the season. It will get better. She had more facial engagement than usual. Definitely, some rotation issues... Young's skating has never been to my personal taste. So, take it with a grain of salt when I say, I preferred Mana, Yelim, and Sonja's programs over her skate this evening. That said, she will first or second deservedly!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Costume note—though Young’s dress doesn’t look like much on the monitor, it is absolutely exquisite live, all wisps of gloriously subtle sparkle. Perfect for the Four Seasons
That's good to know. It looks exquisite in the kiss n cry.

readernick

Medalist
Costume note—though Young’s dress doesn’t look like much on the monitor, it is absolutely exquisite live, all wisps of gloriously subtle sparkle. Perfect for the Four Seasons
I could see that. I wasn't enjoying it on the screen against the ice. But, things look different in person.