2022 European Championships: Men's Free Skate | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Men's Free Skate

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Well, I suppose in cases like that, they are supposed to always jump double, but he miscalculated
As a skater, you're not supposed to pop at all of course. When they pop into double, it's not good, it's not planned it's a mistake.
Nobody plans to pop a jump midair, it just happens. You open out.

Andrei, thinking on his feet could have done +2T+2Lo I guess or something along those lines, but thinking on your feet under the pressure is hard.

I'm not surprised it was called 3S<<. Anything 0.25 over a double is supposed to be counted as downgraded triple.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Well, I suppose in cases like that, they are supposed to always jump double, but he miscalculated
No, I mean the first one. He wanted to jump 4S, but wasn't able to do it. As for me, this jump looked like 2S with mistake on the landing.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
No, I mean the first one. He wanted to jump 4S, but wasn't able to do it. As for me, this jump looked like 2S with mistake on the landing.
I mean, if he popped, in the combo he should have went for a double, because there is zero risk to Zayak that way. Basically, I hope that he starts getting competitions and learns how to handle things better, and it is not the end of the world.

Sorry, guys, I am sad right now and very hungry, despite being also very happy for Grassl 😻

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I'm going to rewatch the final flight, because wow this seems like a time. I love this podium SO MUCH and even though I wanted Andrei on it, I also don't want to knock anyone off. I do hope Andrei gets the nod to the Olys, because he's been really consistent (at least in the free) and has put out some spectacular skates. But OMG DENISS! MARK! They're both so happy and sweet! ❤️

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If Vasiljevs were Russian, his PCS would have been 95.
No, he would not. Didn't Deniss just land his first ever clean quad? Just skating beautifully would not be enough to skate for Russia. With his competitive track record he would have been "buried" in obscurity long time ago. Being a decent skater not from Russia has its certain merits. Kolyada is a better skater than Vassilyevs and he does not get 95 pcs.... and he has to jump quads although I bet he wish he did not have to.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No, that's the only thing the judges see. It has to be, when landing jumps during an entire skate with no crisp edges gets you 90 PCS and an European gold.

Maybe the fans would be more open to Russian skaters if their federation was not activelly tainting their sporting careers with an overdose of background politics. Just a thought.
You have hard proofs for that or it's just armchair expert ideas based on "what everybody says"?

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Okay, first up is Arlet, tiny (he's not actually tiny) Estonian child who has such potential. He seemed nervy at first but really settled well into his skate. He combines power and attack with elegance very well. He does a great job with his choreography. I love when a crowd gets really into a skater like here, it warms my heart. :giggle:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh and no Canadian or America has EVER benefitted from scoring.

Mr Three Falls Chan didn't win over and over and over again. Oh but look he has deep edges and isn't Russian, give him a parade.

And let's not forget the time your dull as dishwater pairs team whined their way to a gold medal. Any other non-American/Canadian pair would have been told to suck it up.

But can't call a spade a spade there can you. Oh no, not the Holy Canadians.

It's people like you that ruin this sport.

Have a nice life.

And it's MOZALEV.

At least get the name of the person you're shitting on right.

I fail to see how deflecting the conversation to Patrick Chan somehow absolves the Euros 2022 judges from overscoring the Russian men? :laugh: Chan had occasionally overscoring, and I've even acknowledged things like how he didn't deserve to win 2013 Worlds (because unlike some people I don't believe that just because he's my nationality I need to support him come hell or high water). Say what you will about him, even with multiple flaws in a program Chan's PCS never leapt to the extent that the Russians did here for their flawed free skates.

Sale/Pelletier a dull as dishwater pairs team? For a second there I thought you were talking about Totmianina/Marinin's Olympic programs. LOL, S/P are clearly dull that they're World and Olympic champions. At least they skated cleanly in the 2002 Olympics, unlike the team they had to share gold with. Don't tell me if it were the other way around and a shady French judge cheated in favour of a flawed Canadian free skate winning 5-4 the Russians wouldn't be out for blood. You know, because Russia never whines about their results or how their skaters are assessed.

You know what ruins this sport? People who idly sit by and think that doling out 90.02 to Mark Kondratiuk or a PCS personal best of over 85 to Semenenko (I mean, 8.75 for SS?!, even a 9.25 for IN?!?!) is somehow appropriate judging.

I get that you have a lot of anger, likely due to MOZalev and Semenenko failing to deliver, losing to skaters from 2nd-tier federations after a 9+ point lead, even with ginormous increases to their PCS personal bests in both segments.... but not sure how taking it out on me or randomly dissing top Canadian figure skaters from the past helps.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
No, he would not. Didn't Deniss just land his first ever clean quad? Just skating beautifully would not be enough to skate for Russia. With his competitive track record he would have been "buried" in obscurity long time ago. Being a decent skater not from Russia has its certain merits. Kolyada is a better skater than Vassilyevs and he does not get 95 pcs.... and he has to jump quads although I bet he wish he did not have to.
I was being a bit exaggerating here. I'm saying comparatively speaking if Kondratiuk was a 90, then Vasiljev should have been a 95 and with backing of the Russian fed he would have come close to that. Really, the PCS was generous on all fronts, and I'd have had the PCS something more like:

Kondratiuk: 81
Vasiljevs: 87
Mozalev: 82
Aymoz: 84 (86 without the stumble)
Grassl: 79
Semenenko: 78

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Next up: Michal Brezina, going full on dad rock mode. He seemed so relaxed the second he got on the ice. He knew he could go clean, and there was so much fire and excitement and fun in his skating. He seemed so happy at the end, and for a final Euros skate, you couldn't ask for anything better.
Simon can't decide if it's Mi-chal or Mishel... neither are correct but keep trying (y)

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Nikita, aka the boy in the purple top from that one competition who I really liked. I was glad to see him have such a great skate here again. He has great landings and skating quality. It's probably a good thing Paul has already been named to the Olympic team, because there is a very good case that Nikita should skate the team event. (I do feel bad for Paul, he had a rough skate and I hope he can deliver in Beijing)

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Kevin! He has such quality and is so lovely to watch. It's a shame the quads weren't clean, because the rest of his skate was magnificent. I really like this program. It suits his skating perfectly. He skates the step sequence with such joy and energy.
Also Kevin that choreo save on the combo was truly impressive. Although I'm worried you'll give Benoit ideas....

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Nikita, aka the boy in the purple top from that one competition who I really liked. I was glad to see him have such a great skate here again. He has great landings and skating quality. It's probably a good thing Paul has already been named to the Olympic team, because there is a very good case that Nikita should skate the team event. (I do feel bad for Paul, he had a rough skate and I hope he can deliver in Beijing)
Nikita doesn´t have German passport yet. But maybe he can go to the world championships.