2022 Europeans: Men's Short Program | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2022 Europeans: Men's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to give you advanced warning, there's an opening ceremony in an hour's time. So the Pairs SP stream on the ISU YouTube channel and the Eurosport Player will be coming on early to show it.

CaroLiza_fan

readernick

Medalist
No way. Do you not want to see the White Crow at the Olympics? It is so perfectly, beautifully Russian, showcasing the best of Russian culture and taste!
I happen to agree. It's amazing. Also, while Russian federation may like to promote their young talents more than some other federations do, they aren't idiots. Despite this wonderful SP, we have seen the way the Russian men have performed this season. Kolyada is the one men's skater in Russia beautiful enough to make the judges give him good PCS and GOE even when the jumps go bad. If he's not seriously injured or COVID positive, he's going.

brigit66

On the Ice
It is amazing to see that judges NOTICE bad edges on lutzes, unfortuntaly only on non russians.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think realistically Kolyada is going. We'll see in the FS how it goes, but I think the main fight will be between Mozalev and Semenenko here for the last spot, with Kondryatuk also realistically going (barring disaster). The situation is definitely more tense than expected now.
That's pretty much my feeling too, and I just hope Mozalev at least gets World + 2GP next season out of this. In fact, all three of them getting Worlds would be so nice.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Best men’s free this season was in Grenoble right? So we just have to hope someone dumps some water on the ice for the men’s free here and then they’ll really give us a show 😂
Personally, I will be okay with the repeat of the Grenoble's FS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
33 Andrei MOZALEV RUS

Music: Heart Cry by Drehz

Light and dark blue ombre top, black pants

4T+3T
4S
FCSp4
3A
CSSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

3 clean Russians guys?! Has hell frozen over?

SP: 56.73+43.03 = 99.76 (PB), 1/33
Awesome performance. I love his artistry; it flowed so easily. A bit concerning that even with all level 4s beautiful skating and two quads compared to say Jason Brown he would lose to jason.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That's pretty much my feeling too, and I just hope Mozalev at least gets World + 2GP next season out of this. In fact, all three of them getting Worlds would be so nice.
If he'll win Europeans I think he might be going to Olympics. But I don't know who will Russian Fed leave out then...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Awesome performance. I love his artistry; it flowed so easily. A bit concerning that even with all level 4s beautiful skating and two quads compared to say Jason Brown he would lose to jason.
Actually, I have a joke prepared that in terms of 4S, Mozalev is pretty much Brown. He already doesn't land it, just needs to nail the 'going to the Olympics anyway' part. Yeah, I know, I know....