2022 Four Continents: Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022 Four Continents: Free Dance

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Comparing them is a bit disingenuous. Not sure they are close to the same league at the moment. D/S have a steeper climb ahead of them internationally.
Oh yes, I totally agree. It’s just I know a lot of fans were upset when D/S were scoring really high in the international B competitions. But then they didn’t score as high in Europeans so my point was that they are not as far ahead of the pack internationally as some people might have thought. G/P are clearly getting recognized as a top team of the up and coming teams, whereas D/S aren’t in the same league at the moment and are only slightly ahead of a lot of the other younger teams.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Did the post comp interviewer ask G/P if their former partners would be willing to skate together? I think P said, "Yeah, we are all good friends"
I do think he was joking :)

The most awkward bit was when the interviewer asked them if, in light of their win, are they going to the Olympics now?

Um, no. I thought he handled that question very well/graciously :)

sworddance21

On the Ice
I'm rather late to this party, but I just watched the FD. Oh, my word that performance from Caroline and Michael was mesmerizing. I liked it at Nationals, but I adored it today. There is so much detail and the transfer of the Graham style to the ice is just stunning. It's really an incredible homage.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do think he was joking :)

The most awkward bit was when the interviewer asked them if, in light of their win, are they going to the Olympics now?

Um, no. I thought he handled that question very well/graciously :)
Oh no. What a terrible question.

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
I love their FD. For me, it's the best of the season--ballet on ice.
I alos loved Muarmoto/Takahashi's FD. It incorporates actual ballet in the ice dance. Lovely and very difficult to do.

I happened to enjoy the music also. Perfect for a ballet. This FD and this team's RD are what drew me to ice dancing .. a skating discipline I had not paid much attention to, previously.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Are Kana and Dai continuing after this season? I really hope so, but I was wondering.

From what they said after Nationals and at the FD press conference at 4CC, they have not made that decision yet, but conceded the possibility of continuing for at least one more season as the World Championships will be held in Saitama again next year and Dai still regrets he had to wd in 2014. He also said that after collecting several silver medals this season, they have a desire to stand in the middle of the podium and they would like to expand their artistic vision. But even if there are a number of motivating factors, they can't promise anything yet since, if they were to continue, they need to make sure that they share the same goals and are both fully committed. They want to discuss the matter thoroughly after the World Championships.

Sources:

Last edited: