2022 Four Continents: Women's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 Four Continents: Women's Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Koreans and Japanese ladies were awesome. It is sad only 2 korean ladies get to go but then only Russians get to go. Some covid withdrwls,, mistakes and the japanese and koreans could podium. I would have liked to see Satoko here especially if she plans to retire.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What I like about Rino is that she has special talent in her skating that can't be taught. Hard working over achievers are fine, but I will go for the specially talented ones over them every time.
It's a talent thing for sure, some things just cannot be learned. I usually am not the biggest fan of the tiny and small skaters who look frail and delicate, but even though Rino is small, she skates big and her skate, especially after the bad short, could have ended up being a concentrated and cramped up one easily. You could see after she was finished that she was under a lot of pressure here, but I never felt that during her skate. It looked easy and secure, soft but strong.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I'm gonna need a TPS report color-coded chart for all the ?-ombo you keep coming up with. I can't keep up! 🤣
I'm getting lost myself:laugh:

Let's get back to the basics.

Bombo= bombed combo.
Pombo= bombed combo with a pop (credits to @figureskatingandrainbows)
Zombo= bombed combo with a fall (can also be fombo).
Stombo= bombed combo with a stepout.

Then you can make the combinations you want as stopombo or postombo (bombed combo with a pop and stepout).

ETA: A bombo with a turn would be a tombo.

I don't see more ways to bomb a combo.

Last edited:

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Rino was so beautiful I was on the verge of crying. Yelim and Haein gave me goosebumps with back to back clean skates. Mai made me cry 😭 this was perfection , she gave all her heart in it. I was crying the whole lengh of the step sequence.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Yes. Rino had the hardest technical content and for me had the best PCS. She should have had the highest TES score and PCS score and should have won the small gold medal instead of a small bronze medal. Haein Lee to me was the second best performance of the day followed by Mai. But, this performance by Lee will guarantee her Senior GP events for next year and also her going to Junior Worlds may give Korea three spots for next year, because she is so good. Mai, that wasn’t her best performance. But, after all her 4th places at international events. I’m just glad she won a gold medal here. She is lovely to watch. Shin shouldn’t have scored that high. She is lucky to skate at this event under a generous judging panel. Her SB score passing Amber Glenn could now secure her Senior GP events, and I don’t think she deserves it due to all the under rotations I saw. But, it is what it is.
I do think Shin has much more potential than Glenn though, so if she gets GP spots before her, I am all for it.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
It’s still too dangerous to host a full World Championship. I propose we keep it simple and have a skateoff between the European and 4CC champions. Valieva vs Mihara, femano e femano, to determine the best women's figure skater in the world.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuhana, please continue to share to that Queen mix with that enormous smile on your face next season.
But Yuhana, if you continue to skate to Fat Bottomed Girls (of which this Queen fan does approve), please get yourself some actual sass and power in the first section. The pounding of Roger's bass drum does not warrant pretty arms and definitely warrants a significant speed/power upgrade.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Amazing competition with so many awesome skates! What a joy to watch!
I am gonna watch this one again!....starting with my Yuhana.....I do feel bad for Young but if you are going to have a bad skate, this is the comp to do it at.....I hope Four CCs comes back to the states and I hope I can see many of these skaters at SA 2022. If artistry were weighed in pounds, I saw a ton of it tonight....

Azikin

Medalist
But Yuhana, if you continue to skate to Fat Bottomed Girls (of which this Queen fan does approve), please get yourself some actual sass and power in the first section. The pounding of Roger's bass drum does not warrant pretty arms and definitely warrants a significant speed/power upgrade.
Well she's more Tom & Jerry material than Queen material... but cuteness overload anyway.. :biggrin: