2022 Grand Prix de France Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France Where Are You Watching?

Weathergal

Medalist
For those who live in US or Canada, as you might know, if the area you live in observes Daylight Savings Time, that will end this Sunday, November 6 so we turn the clocks back an hour. I was checking times for the Grand Prix of France and was going to subtract six hours to get my time in Eastern Time Zone of US then realized that France has already ended DST so they're only five hours ahead.

I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else was "translating" the schedule to figure out when it would be on their area.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
All time shifts are self inflicted. Dont know when on demand streaming will be available.
I double checked my local NBC affiliate and yes, the J and T show will be at 11:30A on Nov 12
Your market may vary
a fance take two.jpg

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Link to the rewatch thread for Grand Prix of France
I will have to catch up because of the time difference and busy weekend. If I want to watch the ISU Youtube stream, should I set my VPN to France? (I'm in NZ and almost everything seems to be geoblocked).

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I will have to catch up because of the time difference and busy weekend. If I want to watch the ISU Youtube stream, should I set my VPN to France? (I'm in NZ and almost everything seems to be geoblocked).
You can switch you VPN any country where commercial channels do not have rights to broadcast GPs but maybe just the country where the competition geoblocked. I usually use Montreal or Singapore, Montreal did not work during Skate Canada, but Singapore has worked to all so far. Montreal has worked during other GP series competitions. So you do not need - and it does not often even work - to switch VPN to country where competition is, just to any country where it is not geoblocked. I found Singapore by trying different countries.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
You can switch you VPN any country where commercial channels do not have rights to broadcast GPs but maybe just the country where the competition geoblocked. I usually use Montreal or Singapore, Montreal did not work during Skate Canada, but Singapore has worked to all so far. Montreal has worked during other GP series competitions. So you do not need - and it does not often even work - to switch VPN to country where competition is, just to any country where it is not geoblocked. I found Singapore by trying different countries.
Skate Canada wasn't geoblocked in the UK, so setting the VPN to there is also an
option for a that competition.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I usually make up my own time schedule for an event based on the official time "color coded" schedule of the event. Yesterday I checked the Peacock schedule for U. S. Eastern Time and everything was great until Saturday for the Pairs Free Skate. The official schedule adjusted for my time zone is 2:10 p.m. to 3:27 p.m. Peacock shows the Pairs FS starting at 3:30 p.m. :scratch2::scratch2:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Two tips that might be helpful to some.

1. If you are looking for a country to connect through via vpn to watch the streams on the ISU youtube channel you can go with Austria. Nothing is geoblocked here. I have access to years' worth of archived streams and never needed to circumvent any geoblocking. Lucky me, I guess.

2. The ISU has released an official ISU app a couple of weeks ago and it is really good. Among other stuff, it gives you the starting times of all the events in your correct time zone right there on your mobile device.
There is also the possibility to check skaters' bios and even bookmark them as your favourites. I've favourited 5 skaters so far - I have no idea what it does - but it would be a cool feature if you got a push notification if one of your skaters is entered into an upcoming event or something like that.
Anyway, the ISU app can be downloaded in the respective app stores. Give it a try, it really is useful.

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
one who fell for someone 17 years older, you can't really chose who you're attracted to. It really depends so much on the people and their personal compatibility as far as relationships go. One of my cousins married someone 13 years younger and they're going to have their 2n

Skate Canada wasn't geoblocked in the UK, so setting the VPN to there is also an
option for a that competition.

Two tips that might be helpful to some.

1. If you are looking for a country to connect through via vpn to watch the streams on the ISU youtube channel you can go with Austria. Nothing is geoblocked here. I have access to years' worth of archived streams and never needed to circumvent any geoblocking. Lucky me, I guess.

2. The ISU has released an official ISU app a couple of weeks ago and it is really good. Among other stuff, it gives you the starting times of all the events in your correct time zone right there on your mobile device.
There is also the possibility to check skaters' bios and even bookmark them as your favourites. I've favourited 5 skaters so far - I have no idea what it does - but it would be a cool feature if you got a push notification if one of your skaters is entered into an upcoming event or something like that.
Anyway, the ISU app can be downloaded in the respective app stores. Give it a try, it really is useful.
Add Netherlands to the list of good places to set your VPN to watch the ISU YT feed. However you manage to watch, enjoy the competition!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I usually make up my own time schedule for an event based on the official time "color coded" schedule of the event. Yesterday I checked the Peacock schedule for U. S. Eastern Time and everything was great until Saturday for the Pairs Free Skate. The official schedule adjusted for my time zone is 2:10 p.m. to 3:27 p.m. Peacock shows the Pairs FS starting at 3:30 p.m. :scratch2::scratch2:
I am sure you will come up with a chart on how I can watch sectionals on Peacock while watching grand prixs. :biggrin:
Who's on first, whats on second, I don't know is on third base. If you remember that you are too old. :devil:

yesterday

Record Breaker

It can do this? Then it's an option.. I've read about the release but wasn't sure if I needed it

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Even after some years, I still don’t understand *why* the Netherlands is not geoblocked.
Logically, it should be, right?
Eurosport airs the GPs, Euros and Worlds etc. on their lineair channels, and moreover, the Player has full livestreams as well as on demand archived streams. of everything (inc the galas).
So… how? Why? :scratch2:

I pay for the Player because it’s only 30 euros a year, which is a good deal if you occasionally want to watch other stuff, too, and want to switch off the commentary stream (which for some reason works on my AppleTV, but not on the NVidia TV Pro media player, but I digress.). I also have NordVPN for… other reasons. ;-)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Do you know whether it gives the time at your VPN location, or does it give the time in a location you select (where you really live :laugh: )?

pearly

Record Breaker
It can do this? Then it's an option.. I've read about the release but wasn't sure if I needed it
It's about the only useful thing it does because it does not offer detailed results like the proper isuresults page, nor does it hide past events. You need to scroll and scroll and scroll past all the JGP and the finished GP events to get to the upcoming ones. Also, it only shows the GP series events, ISU Championships and WTT. No Challengers.

However, it does offer a quicker access to these events than the ISU page if you are accessing it on your mobile phone. Overall, not very good user experience all around.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
ISU livestreams are now ready to go on their YouTube page.
I've been playing around with my VPN to see which countries I can see the livestreams in, here's a selection I've found that work, for anyone who is struggling to find a good location for their VPN: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Columbia, Indonesia, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa. I haven't tested all my available countries, so will update if I get a chance to test more.
The streams are also visible for me in Great Britain with my VPN off, so I'm guessing if you're not in the UK, you could VPN to us and watch the livestream!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. Now that the Senior GP Series is in Europe, we have LIVE coverage of all the competition segments on the linear channels this week.

HOWEVER…

For the Ladies FS and the Men’s FS, British Eurosport are doing that infuriating thing of starting the segment on one channel (BES2), and then switching over to the other channel (BES1) in the middle of the segment.

I don’t know for sure, but I would like to hope that the switch would occur in between Group 1 and Group 2. It could get very messy if they tried to do it between skaters.

But, at least they are showing the full segments, albeit across 2 channels. For the Free Dance and the Pairs FS, they are only showing Group 2 on the linear channels.

Group 1 of the Free Dance clashes with all of the LIVE coverage of the Women’s Race at the European Cyclo-Cross Championships on BES2; and the start of the LIVE coverage of the opening round of the Ski Jumping World Cup on BES1.

But, there isn’t anything LIVE on either channel during Group 1 of the Pairs FS. So, I can’t see why they can’t be shown in full.

Hey, it’s better than nothing (like we had for Skate America)

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

🇬🇧 British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Friday 4th November 2022

PLAY 12:00 – 14:00 Ladies Short LIVE
BES1 12:00 – 13:29 Ladies Short LIVE
BES1 13:29 – 14:00 Skate Canada Men’s Free
PLAY 14:00 – 15:45 Short Dance LIVE
BES1 14:00 – 15:20 Short Dance LIVE
PLAY 15:45 – 17:45 Men’s Short LIVE
BES2 15:45 – 17:18 Men’s Short LIVE
BES2 17:18 – 17:38 Skate Canada Men’s Free
PLAY 17:45 – 19:00 Pairs Short LIVE
BES2 17:45 – 18:48 Pairs Short LIVE

Saturday 5th November 2022
PLAY 12:00 – 14:05 Ladies Free LIVE
BES2 12:00 – 12:45 Ladies Free LIVE
BES1 12:45 – 13:50 Ladies Free LIVE
PLAY 14:05 – 15:55 Free Dance LIVE
BES2 15:00 – 15:40 Free Dance LIVE
BES1 15:40 – 16:00 Men’s Short
PLAY 15:55 – 18:04 Men’s Free LIVE
BES2 16:00 – 16:45 Men’s Free LIVE
BES1 16:45 – 17:50 Men’s Free LIVE
PLAY 18:04 – 20:35 Pairs Free LIVE
BES1 18:45 – 19:30 Pairs Free LIVE

Sunday 6th November 2022
PLAY 13:15 – 16:00 Gala Exhibition LIVE

Monday 7th November 2022
BES1 10:00 – 11:00 Men’s Free
BES1 11:00 – 12:00 Pairs Free

Thurday 10th November 2022
BES1 10:00 – 11:00 Men’s Free
BES1 11:00 – 12:00 Pairs Free

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
ISU livestreams are now ready to go on their YouTube page.
I've been playing around with my VPN to see which countries I can see the livestreams in, here's a selection I've found that work, for anyone who is struggling to find a good location for their VPN: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Columbia, Indonesia, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa. I haven't tested all my available countries, so will update if I get a chance to test more.
The streams are also visible for me in Great Britain with my VPN off, so I'm guessing if you're not in the UK, you could VPN to us and watch the livestream!
That's interesting, GoneWithThe Wind. When I set my VPN to Canada, I could watch CBC, but not the ISU stream. I will definitely try a few other countries (including the UK), though.

yesterday

Record Breaker
That's interesting, GoneWithThe Wind. When I set my VPN to Canada, I could watch CBC, but not the ISU stream. I will definitely try a few other countries (including the UK), though.
They maybe block it as they have their own coverage? I think ISU youtube only works for coutries where there's no coverage / company holding rights.

yesterday

Record Breaker
It's about the only useful thing it does because it does not offer detailed results like the proper isuresults page, nor does it hide past events. You need to scroll and scroll and scroll past all the JGP and the finished GP events to get to the upcoming ones. Also, it only shows the GP series events, ISU Championships and WTT. No Challengers.

However, it does offer a quicker access to these events than the ISU page if you are accessing it on your mobile phone. Overall, not very good user experience all around.

mhm. I saw that past events are there atm. And yeah the challengers are a difficult issue I guess as most of those score pages are done by the hosts not by ISU. So they may no be able/not allowe to integrate those yet?