Entries:

Men
Women
Pairs
Ice Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Looking at these lineups things are now clear as mud for me as far as what event to consider attending. Canada has an amazing mens lineup and a surprisingly solid pairs lineup but a far less exciting dance lineup. USA has an incredible dance lineup and a great ladies lineup but not quite as thrilling a men’s as Canada (although I would love to see Junhwan again along with Donovan, Yuma and Daniel).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Looking at these lineups things are now clear as mud for me as far as what event to consider attending. Canada has an amazing mens lineup and a surprisingly solid pairs lineup but a far less exciting dance lineup. USA has an incredible dance lineup and a great ladies lineup but not quite as thrilling a men’s as Canada (although I would love to see Junhwan again along with Donovan, Yuma and Daniel).
I think the only dunno what they were thinking with Canadian dance line up… but maybe Lajoie/Lagha can win it? It would make my day. I think with pairs, France and Finland look stronger.

Overall, if I was picking on participants, I would do US>Canada because they have so much up and coming talent vs Canadian stage that is all about departures…

From the events I can’t go to, Finland got a fantastic lineup. I guess, Russian fans-driven.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Gosh, I think the opposite re: dance—Skate America has a weak lineup (but, bless them, we do get Kana and Daisuke, hooray!), while Skate Canada could be epic, with Green and Parsons sent into the lion’s den against hometown favorites Gilles/Poirier AND the LaLas, with Fear and Gibson thrown in for good measure. Skate Sheffield to me has the most intriguing dance lineup!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
If I was to add Finland to Skate Canada, I would see everyone I wanted to see, except for Levito. I would consider that, though would probably be too hard with time off and getting to Finland, hotels and tickets.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think the only dunno what they were thinking with Canadian dance line up… but maybe Lajoie/Lagha can win it? It would make my day. I think with pairs, France and Finland look stronger.

Overall, if I was picking on participants, I would do US>Canada because they have so much up and coming talent vs Canadian stage that is all about departures…

From the events I can’t go to, Finland got a fantastic lineup. I guess, Russian fans-driven.
I think Piper and Paul will still place ahead, then Fear Gibson... Lajoie-Lagha, could do well and place 3rd.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
First of all, I'm totally over the moon that Piper & Paul are still competing!!! :rock: I sincerely hope they'll make the most of it.

When I saw Moris on the Sheffield list, I reviewed my initial decision not to go for about 5 minutes, but I'll give it a miss. Good entrances, though.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Gosh, I think the opposite re: dance—Skate America has a weak lineup (but, bless them, we do get Kana and Daisuke, hooray!), while Skate Canada could be epic, with Green and Parsons sent into the lion’s den against hometown favorites Gilles/Poirier AND the LaLas, with Fear and Gibson thrown in for good measure. Skate Sheffield to me has the most intriguing dance lineup!
See, I look at Canada and see a likely slam dunk podium already— Gilles/Poirier, Green/Parsons and Fear/Gibson, not necessarily in that order, unless LaLa make a major push this season. Which isn’t to say it’s uninteresting, just that having seen all four exact same teams at Skate Canada last season I personally crave variety :) Whereas in Norwood, besides Chock/Bates vs Hawayek/Baker and KanaDai (!!) I’m very interested to see how Reed/Ambrulevicius and Demogeot/Le Mercier stack up, plus Nazarova/Nikitin and the Germans who had intriguing programs last season.

I am disappointed there’s only one spot for Kazakova/Reviya, though— here’s hoping they’re top of the list if any withdrawals occur.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
See, I look at Canada and see a likely slam dunk podium already— Gilles/Poirier, Green/Parsons and Fear/Gibson, not necessarily in that order, unless LaLa make a major push this season. Which isn’t to say it’s uninteresting, just that having seen all four exact same teams at Skate Canada last season I personally crave variety :) Whereas in Norwood, besides Chock/Bates vs Hawayek/Baker and KanaDai (!!) I’m very interested to see how Reed/Ambrulevicius and Demogeot/Le Mercier stack up, plus Nazarova/Nikitin and the Germans who had intriguing programs last season.

I am disappointed there’s only one spot for Kazakova/Reviya, though— here’s hoping they’re top of the list if any withdrawals occur.
And I think the Skate America lineup is designed to ensure a successful start for Chock/Bates — I don’t see anyone else there being able to catch them. Interesting to see USFS has Chock/Bates squaring off against Hawayek/Baker and Green/Parsons in separate competitions, instead of having, say, Carreira/Ponomarenko, the baby Browns, or one of the lower-ranked teams accompany them. I would have thought that the Browns would get Skate America.

I also don’t understand Skate Canada’s strategy with F-B/Sorensen, for that matter.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And I think the Skate America lineup is designed to ensure a successful start for Chock/Bates — I don’t see anyone else there being able to catch them. Interesting to see USFS has Chock/Bates squaring off against Hawayek/Baker and Green/Parsons in separate competitions, instead of having, say, Carreira/Ponomarenko, the baby Browns, or one of the lower-ranked teams accompany them. I would have thought that the Browns would get Skate America.

I also don’t understand Skate Canada’s strategy with F-B/Sorensen, for that matter.
FBS could win two silvers, which may be enough for GPF. I think that's the strategy. It could also just be how it played out with the seeding.

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
Was thinking that when scrolling through the assignment list. If only Sheffield could poach the respective men's and ladies' listing. Or if skating was still big in UK as it is in Canada or US. :slink: