2022 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2022 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships will take place Apr 7-9, 2022 in Hamilton, ON, Canada. The event will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules Synchronized Skating 2021, as well as all pertinent ISU Communications.

Each participating team must consist of sixteen (16) skaters and may have up to a maximum of four (4) alternates listed on the Team Entry Form (Rule 800, paragraph 2 b) and c)).

Last edited:

VickB

Rinkside
The 2022 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships will take place Apr 7-9, 2022 in Hamilton, ON, Canada. The event will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules Synchronized Skating 2021, as well as all pertinent ISU Communications.

Each participating team must consist of sixteen (16) skaters and may have up to a maximum of four (4) alternates listed on the Team Entry Form (Rule 800, paragraph 2 b) and c)).

Friday is short program and Saturday is long program.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Finally there's a live audience skating competition in Ontario! I was so excited that I bought my ticket before being back to Canada (now thinking about it, what if I tested you-know-what and couldn't make the flight right before April:pray:).
I remember NEXXICE would be invited to perform whenever Skate Canada was hosted in Ontario. I really enjoyed their performance and I am looking forward to watch the Synchro Worlds live tomorrow.

VickB

Rinkside
I am still half way In rhe short program... Nexxice had very difficult program and incredible amazing program...

Axel Rose

Rinkside
Ok I thought the weekend time suck was over after worlds was done, but I am catching this competition live on YouTube and it’s amazing. It’s so fun and the choreography is so much more advanced and creative since I last watched a synchro competition. Watching synchronized twizzles is so impressive. Darn you, synchro, I have things to get done this weekend!

TT_Fin

Medalist
Country
Finland
I think synchro will no more for very long time be only between North Americans, Finns (and Russians), other teams are coming. But it is midnight and i will watch the rest including Finns after some hours sleep. I have not been so interested in synchro before, but started to like it more recently.

Mozartistique

On the Ice
What a great top 15 this was, with the top 8 teams on a very high level of quality in all elements. I really enjoyed watching this competition. Team les Supremes from Canada had such a moment on home ice. My favorites Team Olympia from Czech Republic were so unique and fun to watch.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
We had a very energetic audience, what a blast!:dance3:But I do have to admit there's no comparison to the previous time Synchro Worlds hosted in Hamilton, which shows we are still in the pandemic.
From the competition point of view, IMO Nexxice had the best Short, and Marigold Ice Unity had the best Free. Miami University was jarringly unrefined among the top teams in the Free but good for them to perform to the fullest in the Short! Haydenettes had a more superior skating skills and unity comparing to their teammates, too bad about the Short falls. I also like the Japanese Avatar free, very innovative choreography but it really shows they probably don't have enough ice time to take it to the next level. Les Suprêmes' Free did pick up the nuance of the music and performed with attacks, but it confused me from the thematic way:LOL: when it went from Four Seasons to White Crow, my brain went "uh", they are both iconic figure skating musics.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
haha don't forget the Lacrimosa gone wild at the end of les suprêmes's free. I believe they had the best overall competition so I am glad they won the title. Marigold were great too in the Free. I think Nexxice should have won bronze... just my uneducated opinion.

kwalker

Rinkside
haha don't forget the Lacrimosa gone wild at the end of les suprêmes's free. I believe they had the best overall competition so I am glad they won the title. Marigold were great too in the Free. I think Nexxice should have won bronze... just my uneducated opinion.
Nexxice didn't have the GOEs or PCS of the teams that medalled, they were noticeably slower in person than the top 3 teams. As an avid synchro fan, I think they're in a rebuilding phase, they did however improve a lot from Nationals.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nexxice didn't have the GOEs or PCS of the teams that medalled, they were noticeably slower in person than the top 3 teams. As an avid synchro fan, I think they're in a rebuilding phase, they did however improve a lot from Nationals.
thank you ! as i said, very uneducated viewer here :) i did like their programs though ;) I just felt sorry for them placing 3rd twice and missing the podium with two solid skates while the Finns had a major bleep in the FP (and got 5th place for it) and finished a couple points ahead.. but yes, they did look faster and better.