2022 JGP Egna/Neumarkt Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Egna/Neumarkt Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
New WR after lowballing almost all teams seems kind of performative - Like, look, we're not actually giving really low scores here, the teams just weren't good enough for better scores or higher levels.
Like, the Mrazeks were awesome, no doubt about it, but should they be leading with that large a point gap?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I liked both of their coaches when they were competing! So, I am looking forward to seeing who is sitting with them.

It's... 🪑 🪑 🪑 empty seats! :laugh:

Ah, here they come. With John Kerr. ☘️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

They all looked pretty disappointed with the scores.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Starting so early is not great. But G/T have been stronger in the RD so far this season (both at first JGP and at Quebec competition this summer).
Free Dance will have a modified panel of judges. Canada and Italy in instead of South Korea and Slovakia.
too late ... apparently they were scored very harshly.... and as you said, the RD was a strong point for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so i guess i can say : i told you so with the panel that would not favour the Canadians... seeing the American teams on top of not only the CAN (who are 8 points away from their previous score in the RD) but also the KOR team... déjà vu.

Very disappointed about this as it compromises participation to the JGPF for Sandrine and Quentin who both have performed quite well all season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That’s some… subjective scoring.

That’s said, Mrazkova, Mrazek & Skrt are the best!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yup... American judge lowballing KOR and CAN. Same old same old. to protect their teams... and this doesn't even provide any information on how Restatt may have been influential in the Tech Panel... especially with key points.
There is also Slovenian judge who seems to have been watching different event than everyone else too. I think they were opposing one another though.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That’s some… subjective scoring.

That’s said, Mrazkova, Mrazek & Skrt are the best!
agree the Czechs are the best... but this scoring.. ugh... what? did Sandrine and Quentin forget to perform their SBS 3axels in the RD today? because that's the only explanation I see for 8 points less than what they got for a similar skate a few weeks ago.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is also Slovenian judge who seems to have been watching different event than everyone else too. I think they were opposing one another though.
I think it's the Slovakian judge you meant right? But look at Cyprus... or French judge... all over the place...

the disadvantage of not having a Canadian judge on this panel is huge....

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yup... American judge lowballing KOR and CAN. Same old same old. to protect their teams... and this doesn't even provide any information on how Restatt may have been influential in the Tech Panel... especially with key points.
We need more judges from Antarctica!
Or New Zealand, South Africa, Brazil...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think it's the Slovakian judge you meant right? But look at Cyprus... or French judge... all over the place...

the disadvantage of not having a Canadian judge on this panel is huge....
Yup. Slovakian. But, that’s ID judging. 🤷‍♀️